Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rolling Stone COMES for Miley!

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

MJHolland
7 hours ago, freebit said:

She used rap for Bangerz, then disowned it while trying to wipe the slate clean. It would be whatever if she had just moved on, but she felt the need to drag the genre whereas ignoring and willingly participating in the misogynistic aspects she was talking about that it approached caricature (like putting her face in the ass cheeks of her african-american backup dancers, and twerking etc.) She never felt the need to apologize for her own past behavior. This is the whole problem people have when they talk about white people wanting to be black, but not actually wanting to be black. At the end of the day, it's like a change of wardrobe for them. They profited, had their fun, then its on to the next. 

Saying Younger Now wasn't for her after it underperformed and got roasted by critics feels very transparent. If it had done well lbr, she'd probably be singing a different tune. Plus, her new sing with Mark sounds like could have come from YN, so once again, super unnecessary, and shows no artistic integrity. 

A person who thinks deeply would at least sit back and think about why people have a problem with her Billboard interview (from last year) instead she posted that tone deaf statement on IG. This shows me that she just doesn't reflect much enough to be introspective and aware.

How is this rude? It's just an informed opinion, and not as if I attacked her in a shallow way, like called her fat or ugly or other low insults (or even stan war'd bs like "irrelevant" and "a flop" etc.) Now that would actually be rude.

Guess what: the hip hop and rap communities deserve every once of criticism they get when it comes to sexist and homophobia. She never tried to distance herself from the GENRE, she tried to distance herself from the bigotry that is in fact very rampant in it. 

She never said younger now wasn’t for her. You’re blatantly and purposefully twisting words. Have fun tearing Miley down, I’ll be busy supporting women.

Lol. Imagine putting in the time to talk about an artist you don’t like. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matangi
40 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Guess what: the hip hop and rap communities deserve every once of criticism they get when it comes to sexist and homophobia. She never tried to distance herself from the GENRE, she tried to distance herself from the bigotry that is in fact very rampant in it. 

She never said younger now wasn’t for her. You’re blatantly and purposefully twisting words. Have fun tearing Miley down, I’ll be busy supporting women.

Way to totally dodge an informed opinion by just obfuscating the very real points they had made. lmao

Miley’s criticisms of rap are correct, but let’s be real - she’s a total opportunist. She used the genre for her own personal gain and had no actual love for the craft or its history. She went into totally ignorant of its realities and got burned. 

MJHolland
15 minutes ago, Matangi said:

Way to totally dodge an informed opinion by just obfuscating the very real points they had made. lmao

All their "real points" were based on misinterpretations of events or quotes. If we don't and won't agree on what factually happened or didn't happen, there isn't a point in responding.

Also, I do actually have a life and work full time raking in the big bucks, so sorry if I can't respond to all of my fans! 

freebit
3 hours ago, MJHolland said:

- Yes, rap does tend to be ripe with misogyny as it is very male dominated, but Miley willingly participated in it (as I said, sexualizing the bodies of her female dancers and treating them like props). This is why people take issue with her. 

- "Wasn't the home for me" is basically the same meaning as "wasn't for me" so...:shrug:

- I love to support women, but it doesn't mean I can't ever be uncritical when someone who happens to be a woman does something disagreeable. Does this mean we must all be 100% supportive of all women if they participate in questionable behavior? This is the same logic male comedians who are currently supporting Kevin Hart & his refusal to apologize for his homophobic "jokes" use. 

- It took me very little time to type any of this up. I'm explaining my opinion, much like you're explaining yours.

MJHolland
8 hours ago, freebit said:

- Yes, rap does tend to be ripe with misogyny as it is very male dominated, but Miley willingly participated in it (as I said, sexualizing the bodies of her female dancers and treating them like props). This is why people take issue with her. 

- "Wasn't the home for me" is basically the same meaning as "wasn't for me" so...:shrug:

- I love to support women, but it doesn't mean I can't ever be uncritical when someone who happens to be a woman does something disagreeable. Does this mean we must all be 100% supportive of all women if they participate in questionable behavior? This is the same logic male comedians who are currently supporting Kevin Hart & his refusal to apologize for his homophobic "jokes" use. 

- It took me very little time to type any of this up. I'm explaining my opinion, much like you're explaining yours.

I guess we disagree that Miley has been sexist herself because she embraces her sexuality. :S

I still do not agree with the “not home” comment interpretation. It just means she doesn’t want to make that sound for the rest of her life, but she explicitly said she still loves all her previous work. 

Archived