Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rolling Stone COMES for Miley!

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno

Hum she's still right, she just said hip hop is not about offensive lyrics. She didn't say anything bad about hip hop, and no one can "come at her" unless her new songs have stupid lyrics.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

Uhh all she said was that the genre was becoming overloaded with negative and shallow lyrics and it 'pushed her away a little bit'. This is definitely blow out of proportion.

Also it sounds like her new album is just going to be a combination of everything she's done in the past. I see nothing wrong here.

Billboard is just trying to stir the pot for clicks. Sad really.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Sandrology

She actually says she loves hip hop such as kendricks but can't handle most of its hyper-masculine and bragging lyrics, which is totally udnerstandable. If she makes hip hop tracks which are out of this zone, im fine with that. Rolling stone should take a seat...

freebit

The problem isn't what was said - it's just that no one wants to hear criticisms about rap from Miley of all people. She just comes across as a hypocrite. People would not be dragging her quite as hard if she just had some artistic integrity, but Miley is bad at expressing herself, and is not exactly a deep thinker. Now she has shot herself in the foot, and if she has a hip hop influence on her album she has a chance of getting Iggy'd by the music media if they are in the mood to drag someone down. 

Guillaume Hamon

Honestly folks just jumped on the occasion to say she was using then taking a dump on hip hop culture...

She was just dissing a part of hip hop songs, not hip hop overall, and implying there's a lot of these in hip hop which isn't a lie.

MonsterOfSpain

I didn't spot any lies in that interview though :huh: She said she doesn't support mainstream hip hop culture and rap lyrics, but she said she loves hip hop in general, so why can't she make hip hop? Rolling Stone seem to be desperate for attention lmao.

NewYorkCity

Sorry RS but that doesn't even make sense.

The only thing she said is that she doesn't like the lyrics or the content of most hip hop songs. she even said “That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much ‘Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock’ — I am so not that.”

She never trashed hip hop as a genere. try again.

SPARTACUS

Can't believe the music bible called her a hypocritical back-peddling sell out. :udidnt:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

MJHolland
8 hours ago, freebit said:

The problem isn't what was said - it's just that no one wants to hear criticisms about rap from Miley of all people. She just comes across as a hypocrite. People would not be dragging her quite as hard if she just had some artistic integrity, but Miley is bad at expressing herself, and is not exactly a deep thinker. Now she has shot herself in the foot, and if she has a hip hop influence on her album she has a chance of getting Iggy'd by the music media if they are in the mood to drag someone down. 

1. Why?

2. Why? 

3. Why do you think she lacks artistic integrity? 

4. Assuming you don't know her personally, why would you say she's not a deep thinker? Maybe she is just a poor communicator, like you said youself? This all just seems very biased and rude. 

Spoiler

I genuinely do not see why people think this is hypocritical? The criticism is just so... lame..

RAMROD

I have said it Miley will have a rough return after this messy interview. She enrages the whole black twitter with it and that doesn't do when you are about to do that hip hop music again after you said what you said. She have difficult task to do now :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

freebit
3 hours ago, MJHolland said:

1. Why?

2. Why? 

3. Why do you think she lacks artistic integrity? 

4. Assuming you don't know her personally, why would you say she's not a deep thinker? Maybe she is just a poor communicator, like you said youself? This all just seems very biased and rude. 

Hide contents

I genuinely do not see why people think this is hypocritical? The criticism is just so... lame..

She used rap for Bangerz, then disowned it while trying to wipe the slate clean. It would be whatever if she had just moved on, but she felt the need to drag the genre whereas ignoring and willingly participating in the misogynistic aspects she was talking about that it approached caricature (like putting her face in the ass cheeks of her african-american backup dancers, and twerking etc.) She never felt the need to apologize for her own past behavior. This is the whole problem people have when they talk about white people wanting to be black, but not actually wanting to be black. At the end of the day, it's like a change of wardrobe for them. They profited, had their fun, then its on to the next. 

Saying Younger Now wasn't for her after it underperformed and got roasted by critics feels very transparent. If it had done well lbr, she'd probably be singing a different tune. Plus, her new sing with Mark sounds like could have come from YN, so once again, super unnecessary, and shows no artistic integrity. 

A person who thinks deeply would at least sit back and think about why people have a problem with her Billboard interview (from last year) instead she posted that tone deaf statement on IG. This shows me that she just doesn't reflect much enough to be introspective and aware.

How is this rude? It's just an informed opinion, and not as if I attacked her in a shallow way, like called her fat or ugly or other low insults (or even stan war'd bs like "irrelevant" and "a flop" etc.) Now that would actually be rude.

Archived