💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joseph Kahn makes RACIST remark/shades ASIB

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

34 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Because the black characters literally played a stereotyped role (this spiritual caregiver type schtick) and then disappeared from relevance. It's like checking a diversity box and moving on. Not saying they meant to do this - but I can see how it came off this way, since it's a thought that occurred to me on my second viewing of the film. 

Its a love story. If one of the lead isnt black , thats kinda it. I can understand that you cant like that part of the movie, but not that an episodic actor is black and not white. 

Honestly, this is idiotic. You people are advocating to not give episodic parts to black actors and that is actually racist. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robo Ga
14 minutes ago, Florin said:

Its a love story. If one of the lead isnt black , thats kinda it. I can understand that you cant like that part of the movie, but not that an episodic actor is black and not white. 

Honestly, this is idiotic. You people are advocating to not give episodic parts to black actors and that is actually racist. 

If you look at the history of American film you will learn there is a long history of this trope:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

... this will explain it so you can understand. The scene in question in ASIB fits this description, regardless of its intent. 

🤖⚡️

3 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

If you look at the history of American film you will learn there is a long history of this trope:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

... this will explain it so you can understand. The scene in question in ASIB fits this description, regardless of its intent. 

Wow. Then read it before send it to me. You can see there that those black characters to fit the stereotype need to be inferiors to the white characters. This clearly isnt the case here, where they are friends, equals.

Cant believe that this trash made people give validation to his hate.  

Robo Ga
2 minutes ago, Florin said:

Wow. Then read it before send it to me. You can see there that those black characters to fit the stereotype need to be inferiors to the white characters. This clearly isnt the case here, where they are friends, equals.

Cant believe that this trash made people give validation to his hate.  

I did read it :) "The character often has no past but simply appears one day to help the white protagonist." CHECK. "The character is patient and wise, often dispensing various words of wisdom," CHECK ".... the character will also do almost anything, including sacrificing him or herself, to save the white protagonist" like planning and executing a wedding, randomly, day-of after picking his blackout drunk friend off of a lawn? Check.

AGAIN. It is ridiculous to think that Bradley or Gaga or any filmmaker in this situation would've had malicious racial intent on creating this inadvertently, but sometimes outdated racial depictions slip through the cracks because of fiction's long history of racism. It's good to talk about it and recognize where things could change.  

PS: Joseph Kahn is still an idiot.

🤖⚡️

1 minute ago, Robo Ga said:

Only 2 checks. The third doesnt check and as I mentioned the character doesnt check on other characteristics.

But at least we can agree on something. :unicorn:

FlopSlurper
20 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I did read it :) "The character often has no past but simply appears one day to help the white protagonist." CHECK. "The character is patient and wise, often dispensing various words of wisdom," CHECK ".... the character will also do almost anything, including sacrificing him or herself, to save the white protagonist" like planning and executing a wedding, randomly, day-of after picking his blackout drunk friend off of a lawn? Check.

AGAIN. It is ridiculous to think that Bradley or Gaga or any filmmaker in this situation would've had malicious racial intent on creating this inadvertently, but sometimes outdated racial depictions slip through the cracks because of fiction's long history of racism. It's good to talk about it and recognize where things could change.  

she's reaching your honor

This is pathetic and undermines issues relating to actual racism which is the hatred of another race which this clearly isn't.

Sanne Godijn
3 hours ago, gag said:

That tweet itself is not racist, ‘magical negro’ is a trope in Hollywood. He’s had much more actually racist tweets in the past. Still though, he’s been insufferable ever since TEOG, imagine being this heated over a conflict you had in 2011.

Do you mean the edge of glory?

53 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

and it can happen when everyone involved is white and thus this may not occur to them that this is a problem.

Archived