celeb

Patti tells Ari to sing like the white black girl she is

Werk

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait wait wait.... WHAT... she is not black

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Chickens in Malibu

Cultural appropriation at its best.

This girl is white as **** pretending to be a person of color...

SAD!

Chickens in Malibu
3 hours ago, nefasto said:

giphy.gif

LMAO in this pic gaga looks like she got straight out of the oven to do this interview

6 hours ago, smokeandhush said:

Also i hope everyone knows EVERYTHING Ariana does is a la Mariah Carey. Including the tan and bronzed goddess look. 

just in case someone believes Mariah is also "posing as black", this is how his father looked like:

mariah-dada-and-sister1.jpg

Also Mariah is part-latina and the granddaughter of a venezuelan immigrant, his grandfather changed his last name from "Nuñez" to "Carey" when he migrated to the US. 

JEWRJEWR
On 12/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, Gohan said:

Honestly I always thought she wanted to be a black woman. The overdose of tanning lotion, the way she talks and sings, and ALSO NOOMGNO da way she spellz issa mazinly ann oying yup

SHE is annoying. Not just the way she spells ****

Fear, she's the mother of violence

shoful

Are you people serious....

She’s referencing her ****ing voice. Her voice is powerful and has soul like a stereotypical black woman’s voice. Thats all she is saying. And no that is not offensive. And no Ariana Grande is not pretending to be black. Wtf is wrong with some of you people

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Helxig

Isn't Ariana Italian?

Also I think a lot of her really close friends are black and gay (and we all know the gays have borrowed from the black community for years), so naturally she's going to take on some of the traits of the people around her.

I don't think she's pulling a Rachel Dolezal :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SchwineLove

This whole thread and discussions is really pointless and cringey. Like, duh. This is really defining 2018 internet sphere : over-discussion on petty things

I’m laughing at people thinking Italian isn’t white

The only thing that can get annoying is her usage of “Issa” but I really just think she likes having a tan. Nothing about her really screams appropriation. I don’t think she’s bopping off African American culture. And if anything she advocates for a lot of rights and BLM. Patti was just making a light hearted joke about the soul in her voice that you wouldn’t expect from a lil white girl

gagzus

As someone who’s met her in person (I’m not saying this to brag I’m saying this for context) she definitely doesn’t look black, in person she looks dark orange.

But Patti was making a joke about her vocals not her appearance 

crisTEAne
On 12/10/2018 at 4:23 AM, nicolasrumet said:

LMAO in this pic gaga looks like she got straight out of the oven to do this interview

sylvia plath is shaking :air: 

10 minutes ago, gagzus said:

As someone who’s met her in person (I’m not saying this to brag I’m saying this for context) she definitely doesn’t look black, in person she looks dark orange.

But Patti was making a joke about her vocals not her appearance 

:air: :selena:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

freebit

People keep coddling and supporting Ariana, and I feel like this is just going to lead to her living in ignorance until twitter and media outlets decide to call her out. They'll probably use this against her after she underperforms at some point, or does something else that makes people mad, and then act shocked that people let her get away with it for so long. 

Italian is a nationality, not a race lol. Italians are still white. Gaga Is Italian american too. Being white doesn't mean you have to have pale skin, red hair and freckles lol.

Italians, especially Southern Italians tend to have darker skin due to admixture of northern African(middle eastern race) people who invaded centuries ago. So a lot of Southern Italians and sicilians have that darker skin. They are still white. Ariana definetely enhances her tan. It looks like she would leave a trail behind her everywhere she goes. 

White people don't get tans, curl their hair, plump their lips to look Black. A white person with Tan skin looks like Ariana, who doesn't look black. Everyone always wants to enhance their look. A tanned person is usually perceived as healthy. Black women often wear straight wigs, or straighten their hair, have blonde hair, and even bleach their skin, etc...not to look white, but to enhance whatever feature they want. This doesn't mean you're trying to be a different race. 

OH-And Mariah isn't half black. She is multiracial. HEr father is black and venezuelan, her mother is Irish American. Mariah has been getting bronzed and spray tanned for over a decade now, but when she first came out, everyone just assumed she was full white, because of how pale she naturally is, and her long wavey hair.  

Archived