Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who should open the Grammy's this year?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

Usually, the artist who opens the Grammy's is one of the most nominated artists. And they usually go for someone who can get the buzz and the ratings.

In 2016, it was Taylor Swift

In 2017, it was Adele.

In 2018, it was Kendrick Lamar.

This year, artists who may open the Grammys are Drake, Kendrick, Cardi B and Gaga. I don't think Kendrick will open twice in a row. And the Grammy's aren't really fond of Drake either. Cardi B doesn't have new good music and she isn't high-profile enough to open such a prestigious show.

I'm expecting them to ask Gaga to open this year, since she's the most nominated pop artist and expected to win SoTY and/or RoTY.

I wonder what song she should perform? I'm think I'll Never Love Again with an Orchestra like in the movie.

gagzus

If Gaga opens then I don’t see her getting many of her wins. I think Shallow is gonna 100% won the Grammy for the visual media category and at a stretch Song of The Year if she’s lucky.

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, gagzus said:

If Gaga opens then I don’t see her getting many of her wins. I think Shallow is gonna 100% won the Grammy for the visual media category and at a stretch Song of The Year if she’s lucky.

Some people on Golderby (grammy watchers) are even expecting her to win big this year. Shallow is leading on their platform by a lot in SoTY.

And in RoTY it's neck and neck with This Is America.

andy232000

She might not even attend lol. 

In any case I don’t know if it’s a good idea to perform a song that is not nominated. She would have to do Shallow (solo version) cause Bradley will definitely attend the BAFTAS. 

I think cardi is the best option

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, andy232000 said:

She might not even attend lol. 

In any case I don’t know if it’s a good idea to perform a song that is not nominated. She would have to do Shallow (solo version) cause Bradley will definitely attend the BAFTAS. 

I think cardi is the best option

No. She should perform the song that she'll submit next year in the Grammy's.

Last year she performed Joanne which helped its chances this year in being nominated.

andy232000
4 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

No. She should perform the song that she'll submit next year in the Grammy's.

Last year she performed Joanne which helped its chances this year in being nominated.

She performed Joanne cause the album was nominated as well that same year... 

and performing shallow gives it a good buzz for the oscars 

gagzus
7 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Some people on Golderby (grammy watchers) are even expecting her to win big this year. Shallow is leading on their platform by a lot in SoTY.

And in RoTY it's neck and neck with This Is America.

Hmmm this is interesting, imagine if she won ALL her nominations! That’d be the cherry on top of the “we love her again” cake

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, gagzus said:

Hmmm this is interesting, imagine if she won ALL her nominations! That’d be the cherry on top of the “we love her again” cake

Pop Solo is hard. Joanne didn't even chart. But it's possible nevertheless. Winning everything else is quite likely though even RoTY. New York Times is expecting Shallow to win both SoTY and RoTY because the rap vote will be so divided.

freebit

I feel like the only way they could get Gaga locked down to attend is if they ask her to open. She is pretty buzzy right now with ASIB, so she would be a good fit to open IMO. 

I think if she gets nominated at BAFTA's she will (and probably should) attend that one though, even if Oliva Colman is going to sweep. Her castmates will be there, it will be a better look. Plus, she's never attended before. 

Otherwise, I do think Donald Glov will be a perfect fit also, especially if the Grammys want to seem woke and cool. TIA is an "old" song now, but the narrative of the song is still relevant, so I can seem them going for that. 

I think if Ariana had been nominated in the general field she would have been a no-brainer to open since she's got a new era and a #1 single. Scooter could probably still make it happen though. 

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, freebit said:

I feel like the only way they could get Gaga locked down to attend is if they ask her to open. She is pretty buzzy right now with ASIB, so she would be a good fit to open IMO. 

I think if she gets nominated at BAFTA's she will (and probably should) attend that one though, even if Oliva Colman is going to sweep. Her castmates will be there, it will be a better look. Plus, she's never attended before. 

Otherwise, I do think Donald Glov will be a perfect fit also, especially if the Grammys want to seem woke and cool. TIA is an "old" song now, but the narrative of the song is still relevant, so I can seem them going for that. 

I think if Ariana had been nominated in the general field she would have been a no-brainer to open since she's got a new era and a #1 single. Scooter could probably still make it happen though. 

From her reaction, you can tell Gaga was more excited about the Grammy nominations than the Golden Globe nominations for example. The only shows that'll make her not attend the Grammy's are the Oscars and maybe Golden Globe. But I don't think she'll go to BAFTA and she shouldn't.

Her career as an actress won't last as long as her career as a singer. Who knows if she'll do a 2nd movie? But we know she'll have another album.

androiduser

not sure which Gaga song would work for the opening? Her solo songs from ASIB are not really energetic enough for the opening.... the only thing I can imagine working is Shallow being the opening song, but I think Bradley Cooper will be attending BAFTAs.. besides, I think the Grammys will go with a rap act for the opening.

freebit
24 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Her career as an actress won't last as long as her career as a singer. Who knows if she'll do a 2nd movie? But we know she'll have another album.

How do you know that though? I believe she'll always be a musician and on a creative level not much will probably beat the rush of her performing and writing songs etc, but films (believe it or not) are actually much kinder to older actresses than the pop market, so I can see her being able to have a long fruitful career as an actress as time goes on. For example, with ASIB she's still perceived as an ingenue, whereas with pop music she is practically considered a grizzled veteran. I highly doubt ASIB is going to be a one-off, especially with the film world being so quick to embrace her (even the film critics are more open to her than the music critics - check out the reviews of the soundtrack compared to the reviews of the movie, or hell, even the reviews of AHS: Hotel were kind of nicer in tone than Joanne, ASIB OS, or BTW). Anyway, nothing is guaranteed with either, so I think BAFTA could possibly be more worthwhile even if she loses. It would probably be ideal if she could livestream ala Amy Winehouse in 2008, or pre-tape something. Only if she is shut out of BA or Rising Star should she go to the Grammys IMO. 

1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

New York Times is expecting Shallow to win both SoTY and RoTY because the rap vote will be so divided.

NYT also predicted a 90% chance of Clinton winning the presidency the morning of the election :ohwell: 

Flu Symptom

I feel bad for whoever follows up Gaga if she performs & opens with "I'll Never Love Again" :selena:

Archived