celeb

Post Malone´s "Rockstar" Received an Illegitimate nomination at the Grammys

andy232000

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We been knew that GGD never fact check news. :triggered:

Rockstar was not submitted last period, therefore it is submitted this period which is eligible because it is an album track of his album B&B released this eligible period. And there's no backlash because the Twitter account is known to tweet bullshit as 'news'. 

:oops:

9 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

they would've clarified which version is being nominated. For the Pop Solo Performance, "Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin?)" was named as a nominee not "Joanne". Therefore, we can't compare. If he had submitted a different version, then it would've been explicitly mentioned

OT: Im waiting for this controversy to unfold

Too bad nothing will unfold. 

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Rockstar was not submitted last period, therefore it is submitted this period which is eligible because it is an album track of his album B&B released this eligible period. And there's no backlash because the Twitter account is known to tweet bullshit as 'news'. 

''It was released on September 15, 2017, by Republic Records as the lead single from his second studio album Beerbongs & Bentleys (2018).'' How is this an album track? :poot:

And how about Shallow and Look What You Made Me Do being submitted at a Grammy session and their respective albums being submitted at the next Grammy season? It was the same situation, the lead single being released before the deadline and the album being released after the deadline.

Bradley
2 hours ago, JR Gg said:

I'm not very sure exactly when Rockstar was released, but songs released before the eligible period will count towards the previous year, and the fact that it is featured on the album, which is released after the eligible period, will not mean that it is qualified for next year's Grammys.

The actual release date of the song is the one that should be considered.

Joanne is eligible this year because it's not Joanne (album version) that was submitted, it was Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) (Piano Version), which was only released in 2018. It's like how Ed Sheeran's Perfect Duet was eligible for this year's Grammy despite being featured on Divide, because he released it this year and Beyonce added brand new vocals.

This song is T R A S H, if it wins a Grammy I’ll break my parents’ car radios and never listen to radio again in my life

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RAMROD

That is not the first time they did this. :shrug:

Also the song was re-released again with reggaeton mix on December 2017 and probably why is eligible :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

''It was released on September 15, 2017, by Republic Records as the lead single from his second studio album Beerbongs & Bentleys (2018).'' How is this an album track? :poot:

And how about Shallow and Look What You Made Me Do being submitted at a Grammy session and their respective albums being submitted at the next Grammy season? It was the same situation, the lead single being released before the deadline and the album being released after the deadline.

It was not submitted as a single last period, thus can be submitted as an album track this period. 

If Shallow wasn't submitted as a single this period, it can be submitted next period as an album track.

Y'all can call Grammys to check if I'm right  :ladyhaha:

StrawberryBlond

This isn't the first time awards committees have done this. They always find a loophole. Just watch and see nothing be done about this. Post Malone getting any nominations at all just doesn't hold up as according to critics, he doesn't have the quality and that's what you need to get Grammy nominations. His album only got 51 on Metacritic (Joanne got 67 yet wasn't even nominated in AOTY last time and Xtina's new album got 71, yet didn't get so much as a Best Pop Vocal Album nom). It's all about who the industry want to push. Quality may come into it a little bit but money talks. You only need to look at who's being nominated for Best New Artist to realise that you can be famous for over a year and still get nominated these days if you're pushed correctly. It's all a farce.

I'm more concerned at the fact that Better Now is up for Best Pop Vocal Performance when it's clearly not pop, nor a good vocal performance. The nominations in that category are just plain weird. It's like they're scrabbling for anyone to nominate and thought it was too female-dominated. Kelly Clarkson and Pink released songs eligible for nominations where they sing well, yet they were weirdly snubbed from nominations, leaving it open for the bizarre inclusion of Beck and Post Malone.

KleinGa
16 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Too bad nothing will unfold. 

Too bad indeed.

My unpopular opinion: the song is a bop and I definitely thinks it deserves a nomination in that category :queenga:

Judas Oyster
16 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Seriously,

Joanne was released when Obama was in office lol!

And it's nominated for 2019 Grammy's. Maybe he submitted a slightly different version like Gaga did with Joanne.

Now that you say that... They actually released a rockstar remix (latin) with Nicky Jam and Ozuna waaay after the official release. Maybe that's how then.

Posty is one of my favs nowadays would be glad if he won but he shoudn't be nominated bc of the date rules tho.

10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This isn't the first time awards committees have done this. They always find a loophole. Just watch and see nothing be done about this. Post Malone getting any nominations at all just doesn't hold up as according to critics, he doesn't have the quality and that's what you need to get Grammy nominations. His album only got 51 on Metacritic (Joanne got 67 yet wasn't even nominated in AOTY last time and Xtina's new album got 71, yet didn't get so much as a Best Pop Vocal Album nom). It's all about who the industry want to push. Quality may come into it a little bit but money talks. You only need to look at who's being nominated for Best New Artist to realise that you can be famous for over a year and still get nominated these days if you're pushed correctly. It's all a farce.

I'm more concerned at the fact that Better Now is up for Best Pop Vocal Performance when it's clearly not pop, nor a good vocal performance. The nominations in that category are just plain weird. It's like they're scrabbling for anyone to nominate and thought it was too female-dominated. Kelly Clarkson and Pink released songs eligible for nominations where they sing well, yet they were weirdly snubbed from nominations, leaving it open for the bizarre inclusion of Beck and Post Malone.

Better Now is up for Best Pop Solo Performance. It does not judge vocals, and fyi the 'Vocal' here means that there're lyrics and not just instrumental. Don't go spreading your 'facts' when they are baseless thoughts.

Beck is a Grammy darling, and Kelly + Pink had no hit songs while Better Now is actually a hit. Commercial performance is quite notable in this category for many years now. You should really educate yourself before commenting.

5 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Better Now is up for Best Pop Solo Performance. It does not judge vocals, and fyi the 'Vocal' here means that there're lyrics and not just instrumental. Don't go spreading your 'facts' when they are baseless thoughts.

Beck is a Grammy darling, and Kelly + Pink had no hit songs while Better Now is actually a hit. Commercial performance is quite notable in this category for many years now. You should really educate yourself before commenting.

Hmm so having a hit means quality and being worth for grammy nom...

SURE

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

41 minutes ago, nikola said:

Hmm so having a hit means quality and being worth for grammy nom...

SURE

Who said that :ohwell:

Learn how to read :ladyhaha:

Archived