Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who Should Win Best Pop Vocal Album

DiscoHeaven23

Pop Vocal Album  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Best Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys?

• Camila Cabello - Camila
    • Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life
    • Ariana Grande - Sweetener
    • Shawn Mendes - Shawn Mendes
    • P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
    • Taylor Swift - reputation

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages

Well if it was up to quality it'd be something like this:

Meaning of Life (very diverse, great songwriting, perfect vocals) > reputation (full of bops, great songwriting, we know Taylor is not the best vocalist but she did great with what she's got as always) > Camila (obviously Havana is the song that pulls the album though she managed to get there a couple of other bops in there and her vocal delivery is very pleasing) > Shawn Mendes (is nothing groundbreaking, but it's not terrible) > sweetener (if it wasn't for breathing, NTLTC and GIW that album would be totally bland, Ariana's got smooth vocals and all but the album just wasn't that good and was messy af) > Beautiful Trauma (one good songs is what it's got, the rest is boring and terrible at moments) 

But because we know that Grammy's also consider commercial performance it'll be between sweetener and reputation. And I think this is the order in which they're most likely to win:

Taylor > Ariana  > Camila > Kelly > Shawn > Pink

I'm the bitch that's fragile

ZiggyZiggs

people really voting for reputation? seriously? sweetener is super forgettable even though it sounds better than it did when i first listened to it. camila actually put out a solid latin influenced pop album. i actually wouldn't mind shawn, pink or kelly winning either

Anderson123

P!nk. Girl deserves it now, it’s been a while! Ariana and Taylor are so overrated it’s incredible. 

migamiga

Kelly deserves it by far. Its the best album out of all of those but i feel like Taylor will win 

also shocked that Ariana is leading the polls since everyone here trashed sweetener when it came out. So what is the truth hennies

KatieJudasGaga4
15 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

P!nk (that album is her worst)

That Eminem collab is a mess. :saladga:

zakariah

personally, I want camila to win, sweetener aged like milk for me, I only listen to the singles now lol, taylor winning for reputation just feels wrong and weird, beautiful trauma is far from p!nk's best body of work, kelly already won this award twice in the past and a nomination is enough for shawn

StrawberryBlond

Camila. She's the only album on that list that is actually above average, in my opinion. Bear in mind that she's the nominee with the second highest MetaCritic score (78), so I don't know why anyone's counting her out. I think it's going to be a close-run between her and Ariana (81) and Taylor (71). Kelly's got a 73 but she's won the award twice, only has 3 Grammies and hasn't won since 2013 so I don't think she's a threat, I really think Shawn is just there because he got a 73 and to provide a male nomination and Pink's only there with a below average 62 because she's Pink and the academy likes and respects her but it doesn't mean she'll win. Taylor's in with a shot, no doubt about that, but remember, this is her only nomination this year and Camila and Ariana got 2 each, so doesn't that tell you that they're more liked and therefore more likely to win? Taylor's sole nomination this entire era suggest the academy is not feeling her at all this time round. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if she fails to show up. What annoys me is that Reputation has a 71 score, which is the same score as Xtina's Liberation, yet Liberation failed to get nominated despite Xtina getting 2 nominations. No justice in the world.

10 hours ago, Phoebe Buslay said:

also shocked that Ariana is leading the polls since everyone here trashed sweetener when it came out. So what is the truth hennies

The critics loved it, the public (and even some fans) were mixed/negative about it. It's one of the most wildly different critic/public opinion ratios I've ever seen. In this case, the academy are supporting critic opinion over public. They do it the other way round in some cases but not here. They also did the same for the Carters album - got a 80 score but the public rejected it, so it only gets 3 overall nominations and low chances. I don't imagine Ariana winning for Sweetener will please the public and Ariana herself has moved on from it, so those are the 2 big factors that could dowse her chances of winning. If she'd kept promoting the album and not started releasing new material, this win could've been nailed on.

Archived