Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

All the backlash in here and snide comments as if none of y'all ever had a mental health crisis. The hypocrisy. :lmao:

Well, isn't it also kind of horrible to claim that people who have not had a "mental health crisis" (whatever that is supposed to mean) can't have anything meaningful to say about a subject? :air:

I hope we're not entering a period in time where people who have a mental illness enjoy a higher social status simply because they're expected to be more wise or experienced about life... like why? Not necessarily, I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kimblue
2 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

200w.gif

Gaga needs to reevaluate herself. People are tired of the gimmicks. Yes I have said it.

She hasn’t been this well liked in years. So nah

M Monstre
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

It's a little tiring to keep on hearing about how her non-Gaga projects are the most inspiring, most fulfilling and most creative work she's ever done :messga: I thought we finally left that behind after C2C where she never stopped babbling about how Tony finally taught her how to be a true artist :saladga:

On the other hand, I can understand.

And on one other hand, it could really just be promo talk we'll hear every single time.

Either way, it's becoming more and more unclear who we're supposed to be stanning for imo :cryga: I mean, she literally said Ally was not Lady Gaga (or even Stefani) and now she's saying it's the most fulfilling artistic endeavor she's ever taken on? :koons: I've been lost when it comes to understanding who she is since 2015.

What do you mean when you say her "non-Gaga projects"? Every project is a "Gaga" project. She's more than a celebrity and pop star, she's an evolving artist. Whether it's music or acting, or whatever endeavour she decides to work on next, all of her projects will be considered "Gaga" projects. That's just the nature of who she is.

And I'm sorry, but I feel like it's completely ignorant to ignore the fact that her "non-Gaga projects" were, in fact, some of the most fulfilling and creative works she's done. I'm sure most of that feeling is because those projects (i.e. C2C, AHS, and ASIB) are very different and new experiences for her. Being able to explore, creatively speaking, is extremely important for her, and I would imagine that after doing albums, and promo for those albums, and t.v. interviews and performances, over and over again, having something different (yet equally creative and artistic) is something that really inspires her.

Also, being Ally and taking on the movie are two separate entities. I don't understand what the confusion there is. She said she loves working on the movie, but that she just thinks Ally is not representative of who she is as an individual. You can like the movie, but not necessarily like the role, which she has stated before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

M Monstre

I don't get how you guys are so confused about this. 

Gaga has said numerous times that "Gaga" has been a mask for her. She even said in 5F2 that she created "Gaga" to help her with her insecurities and to take creative control back from people who wanted to control her in the industry. Stefani and "Gaga" are not different people, but "Gaga" has always been a character and persona that was fearless, courageous, outwardly artistic and creative, etc. While Stefani is all of those things, "Gaga" enhances and emphasizes those aspects of her.

Y'all are reading too much into this. It's not like Gaga's like "Stefani is the real me 1000% and 'Gaga' is just a fictitious character that doesn't represent me whatsoever." "Gaga" = Stefani and Stefani = "Gaga". The only difference is that she has used the persona "Gaga" in order to make herself feel more confident in the public persona. 

Y'all are here saying "Oh well I'm not gonna stan her anymore if she doesn't recognize who Gaga is" and **** like that when she has literally been saying stuff like this all the time. Perhaps the wording of this statement was a little strong, but it doesn't change the fact that she's been saying it multiple times.

Also, if you're willing to unstan someone who recognizes that they're human then you shouldn't have been stanning them in the first place. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Didymus
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

What do you mean when you say her "non-Gaga projects"? Every project is a "Gaga" project.

That's true, but there's obviously a difference between her writing her own songs, creating her own music video's and performances to go alongside them, and her getting up on stage in an unimaginative outfit and singing jazz standards, or being hired as an actress to portray a fictional character she did not imagine.

And I'm sorry, but I feel like it's completely ignorant to ignore the fact that her "non-Gaga projects" were, in fact, some of the most fulfilling and creative works she's done.

I don't ignore that, I just find that surprising and interesting, because it reflects back on her own solo work, which apparently was less fulfilling. From a big artiste who proclaimed to be this creative soul who loved to do nothing more than to write music, that just comes as a surprise to me. Why shouldn't it?

Also, being Ally and taking on the movie are two separate entities. I don't understand what the confusion there is. She said she loves working on the movie, but that she just thinks Ally is not representative of who she is as an individual. You can like the movie, but not necessarily like the role, which she has stated before. 

Of course. But I was referring to the fact that she said that she had to be "Stefani" again in order to be able to play the part, and that she couldn't have done that without Bradley. Again, that just surprised me, because she said similar things about Tony (who she also referred to in the same speech). It just makes me wonder how (in)significant her "own" projects or artistic creation are/is for her.

I'm not putting her down or anything, I think you misunderstood something about my posts. I'm just intrigued in what she means by her comments because I think they're pretty revealing.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1

Didymus
Just now, M Monstre said:

Also, if you're willing to unstan someone who recognizes that they're human then you shouldn't have been stanning them in the first place.  

But it's not that lol, you guys keep focusing on the wrong thing.

What makes this a tough pill to swallow for fans is that the moment she started talking about Gaga as a mask she completely changed up her visual and musical appearance and output to the point of unrecognizability :laughga:

What's hard for fans to grasp is how easily she's let go of exactly what so many fans thought was special, unique and original about her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Ronlop
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

You can still be interested in someone's career and discussing it without being a stan :koons: I've been doing it for years and I've never regretted it. Like her or not, her career is fascinating and discussion worthy :icega:

And for previous stans, like me, it's hard to completely let go. We all have hopes that someday she'll return to being who we were cheering on. I've stopped being a major fan years ago but I loved ASIB and the soundtrack, thinking it's some of her best music. Likewise, I've loved several recent performances. It's still fun to chat about that and share appreciation. Who else are we gonna talk about tbh :laughga:

Not really.

If you're active in a forum dedicated to Gaga, you're pretty much more than "interested in her career".

Especially if you're taking your time to analyze her career. That's more than interested if you ask me :oops: 

Edited by Ronlop
  • Like 1

giskardsb

Her "superhero cape" is simply a mechanism to overcome her fears and insecurity. It doesn't mean it wasn't amplifying something in her true self or that the effects are fake. 

When I read these kinds of threads I think of "would you like to see behind the Aura" and for many fans the answer is clearly No.

• Like 16

Ronlop
Just now, giskardsb said:

Her "superhero cape" is simply a mechanism to overcome her fears and insecurity. It doesn't mean it wasn't amplifying something in her true self or that the effects are fake. 

When I read these kinds of threads I think of "would you like to see behind the Aura" and for many fans the answer is clearly No.

This! 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Not really.

If you're active in a forum dedicated to Gaga, you're pretty much more than "interested in her career".

Especially if you're taking your time to analyze her career. That's more than interested if you ask me :oops: 

You're devoted in your interest. I still don't see why that should make you a bad or irrational person. Look at this forum. Literally half of the discussion is about other pop stars and how much they're inferior to Gaga, whose work is actually very superficially analysed (I've seen that happen for years here).

So the knife cuts both ways.

• Like 1

Didymus
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

Of course not. Why would we be interested in seeing her real self? :diane:

I'm not. I wanna see her imagination, her creativity, her ideas, her dreams, her passions, her mental vomit. I couldn't care less about Stefani. She once seemed to understand that she was interesting exactly because she kept her personal life private, secret even, and just focusing on the art.

That's what pulled a lot of people in, who needed that fantasy and drama in their lives, who understood and appreciated it. I don't get how so many people are surprised we're bored as hell with all this "I just love walking in my garden, feeding my chickens" nonsense. It doesn't mean we don't care about her, it just means we'd rather focus on the work. You know, which once she prided herself on.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

M Monstre
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's true, but there's obviously a difference between her writing her own songs, creating her own music video's and performances to go alongside them, and her getting up on stage in an unimaginative outfit and singing jazz standards, or being hired as an actress to portray a fictional character she did not imagine.

While that may have been true in the beginning, at this point Gaga is more than just a pop singer. She may be a pop singer first and foremost, but I believe as time goes on, that line may blur a little bit. She's going to do more acting, more jazz, and at that point, she probably will be doing more things with her career. From C2C on, I would consider that every endeavour she does is a "project" and not just a "side project" anymore. 

I don't ignore that, I just find that surprising and interesting, because it reflects back on her own solo work, which apparently was less fulfilling. From a big artiste who proclaimed to be this creative soul who loved to do nothing more than to write music, that just comes as a surprise to me. Why shouldn't it?

Like I said, I think that because it's so different from what she normally does, I don't think it's far fetched for her to think that it's more inspiring and interesting than her solo work. That isn't to say that she hates her solo work or anything because she obviously loves it, but after working on the fifth album, perhaps the "spark" isn't there as much as it was when she made her debut album. I mean, she's human. This experience was unlike anything she's ever done before and because of that she's expressed numerous times that this was one of the most inspirational and artistically creative endeavours she's ever done. 

Of course. But I was referring to the fact that she said that she had to be "Stefani" again in order to be able to play the part, and that she couldn't have done that without Bradley. Again, that just surprised me, because she said similar things about Tony (who she also referred to in the same speech). It just makes me wonder how (in)significant her "own" projects or artistic creation is for her.

I'm not putting her down or anything, I think you misunderstood something about my posts. I'm just intrigued in what she means by her comments because I think they're pretty revealing.

When she said that, I don't believe she means that she went into her own personality to bring out Ally or anything, but I think she was referring to the fact that she always wanted to be an actress before she wanted to be a singer. Because she was insecure about acting her whole life, she turned to music, but after working with Bradley, perhaps she found that "spark" again, making herself more confident about her acting abilities and her interest in acting (from when "she was 'Stefani'"). 

Also, I don't think she sees her "own" projects as being artistically insignificant or anything, I just think that Gaga, in all honesty, is just an insecure person. Like I said, she creates this "Gaga" persona in order to cope with that. I don't believe, for one second, that she doesn't believe in her "own" projects, but I think often she needs a boost from other people to make her feel confident about them. We saw this in 5F2. She really had to trust and play off of Ronson in order to make Joanne a great album. I mean, she was crying when he left. That just shows you how much she loves, adores, and finds inspiration in people. 

• Like 1

Schizophonic

i think thats just one step of her getting rid of the name lady gaga in the future.

Didymus
Just now, M Monstre said:

While that may have been true in the beginning, at this point Gaga is more than just a pop singer.

See, that's what I don't like. I already thought of her as an actress, a jazz and a rock singer before 2014 :messga: She already showed us all of those talents. She was already always more than a pop singer, so that doesn't add anything new to the conversation to me. Expanding your performance skills and exploring new media platforms shouldn't mean changing up your entire personality and artistic presentation :interestinga:

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

This experience was unlike anything she's ever done before and because of that she's expressed numerous times that this was one of the most inspirational and artistically creative endeavours she's ever done.

100% agreed.

It's just odd that she says that about a jazz cover album and a feature film and not about her own work. Even when counting in the insecurity thing you mentioned, if anything, that shows she may be better thought of as a singer and an actress, and not a musician/artist :duck:

• Like 1