Apple Music
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

Didymus
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Then why are you on a site dedicated to her? :ladyhaha:

You can still be interested in someone's career and discussing it without being a stan :koons: I've been doing it for years and I've never regretted it. Like her or not, her career is fascinating and discussion worthy :icega:

And for previous stans, like me, it's hard to completely let go. We all have hopes that someday she'll return to being who we were cheering on. I've stopped being a major fan years ago but I loved ASIB and the soundtrack, thinking it's some of her best music. Likewise, I've loved several recent performances. It's still fun to chat about that and share appreciation. Who else are we gonna talk about tbh :laughga:

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 19

hausofcy

I love gaga but every time she does acting she always has to point out that gaga is a “mask” while during previous era she always said that it is the real her. I’m kinda over it tbh. I want her to be happy and fully support her but Gurl, u gotta stay consistent. When promoting an album she says one thing and when promoting acting she completely contradicts herself. I’m scared for actors on actors cause we all know how that went down the previous time

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Bel Esprit
9 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

That’s one of the reasons I don’t stan her anymore back then when they asked her who is the person behind lady Gaga and she always replied with it’s her there’s nothing she’s hiding it’s the true her and now this... she really became a puppet And lost her authenticity because she keeps saying stuff just to make people love her in a pity way 

Sorry but I won’t believe anything she says anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️Because I know it’s just random talk or persona to fit the product she’s selling 

I love her, but since C2C, and really since her hip broke she's really changed. I understand she's not the age she was and people change, but she is always switching up her persona and mission statement as an artist and in a lot of ways she overhauls her image every era in an inorganic way. I really am getting lost, it seems like she is trying to rebrand herself to succeed in Hollywood, which is so anti-Gaga. If she shows up to the Oscars in a boring red gown or something I'll be disappointed. I'm hoping after this era she can return to her avant garde sensibilities somewhat. 

• Like 6

Harry X
7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Then why are you on a site dedicated to her? :ladyhaha:

He is here as long as he wants, he don't have to explain to anyone why. People have opinions and an actual life, good for him.

Doesn't mean he wasn't a "little monster" or something, after all not even Gaga called us like that anymore. Doesn't she?

Why am I on GGD

You guys, almost all of her contradictions can be explained by one statement that she made over and over again at the start of her career:

"You're telling a lie. You tell it over and over again, in hopes that one day it'll be true".

"Lady Gaga" is who she wanted to be for years. A superhuman who wasn't affected by insecurities.

She said in Marry The Night:

"And truthfully the lie of it all is much more honest, because I invented it... It's not that I've been dishonest, it's just that I loathe reality".

For a long time Gaga saw this "invention" of herself as the most pure and honest expression of herself. It was her dream vision of what an artist could be. She saw insecurities as blockades that stopped her from doing what she loved, so she found a way to work around them.

This interview now is simply her coming to terms with a part of herself that she repressed.

Edited by Why am I on GGD
  • Like 26
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

Cruzifix
39 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But how is playing a role on a movie better than "playing" Lady Gaga, who supposedly is a part of her? :messga:

Like, she literally said she's nothing like Ally, and would never write her music for herself. So where is this sudden psychological authenticity coming from? Or is she just talking about the process of making the film then? :interestinga: Still, that doesn't explain why this was the best artistic experience of her life, or why she even had to "be" Stefani again. It just makes no kind of sense.

Don’t take my word for it, but I believe that, while Ally is nothing like Stefani, she needed to explore that side of her to find the vulnerability. For years we have watched this glamorous pop star life she explores. For this movie she had to let go of it all and explore the deepest and darkest areas of her true self. It was a cathartic experience, which turned into an amazing and artistic journey.

Ailanrutas si siht
  • Like 4

Aglaya
37 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

That’s one of the reasons I don’t stan her anymore back then when they asked her who is the person behind lady Gaga and she always replied with it’s her there’s nothing she’s hiding it’s the true her and now this... she really became a puppet And lost her authenticity because she keeps saying stuff just to make people love her in a pity way 

Sorry but I won’t believe anything she says anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️Because I know it’s just random talk or persona to fit the product she’s selling 

goodbye :hug:

She is winning again

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

Maybe she didn't realize it in 2011 but was unconsciously using the lady gaga thing as a "superhero alter ego" to go through things and now she can see it was her helping herself with the gaga concept.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Red

Ugh she says that every album cycle

ask me anything :hor: http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/249494-ask-red-anything/
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 3

Didymus
18 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

Don’t take my word for it, but I believe that, while Ally is nothing like Stefani, she needed to explore that side of her to find the vulnerability. For years we have watched this glamorous pop star life she explores. For this movie she had to let go of it all and explore the deepest and darkest areas of her true self. It was a cathartic experience, which turned into an amazing and artistic journey. 

But what was so deep and dark about Ally? :interestinga: She also portrayed heartbreak and rage on AHS. I just don't get what was so different this time. But yeah, I wasn't on set, I wasn't there during her prep period, so I'm no judge obviously. It's just curious to me that out of everything she's done artistically, this movie was so groundbreaking for her :oprah: I'd think it was something like, working with Marina Abramovic or something :poot:

• Like 2

Jaume

Who cares... does she care ? If it's not prepared, she says the first super emotional thing it comes to her head. I mean her statements about how she feels about Gaga/Steffani  make no sense if put them all together...  she has changed so much and gone through so much. 

I think there were times where she was Gaga and it was the only thing left she had... other times she wanted to scape from Gaga and the pain it brought to her. Where is she now? I don't know but who cares as long as she releases  good music. ASIB for me is amazing, whether it's Gaga or Ally.  That's the only thing I want from her... good performances, good music... I love her so much and I stan for her music and art but not for her persona anymore, not for any celebrity either because at the end of the day I don't want to worship anyone, it's silly.

Edited by Jaume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
33 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

"Lady Gaga" is who she wanted to be for years. A superhuman who wasn't affected by insecurities.

I don't agree. That lie thing was just about her wanting to be famous so you shouldn't use that in a different context :koons:

Also, she showed us tons of insecurities during her Gaga phase. She actually created ('cause no, I don't think that was "real") a breakdown scene in her Monster Ball HBO special where the world got to see she still feels like the bullied girl deep down inside. She just wants to be a queen for her fans. But that doesn't mean we never saw what was behind that, far from it, it's part of the reason we love her :oops:

From day one she kept repeating she felt like an outcast, that she had been bullied in high school, that she didn't fit in, that she became a drug addict (twice), that she fell for the wrong men (I mean, she displayed that theme in her music video's at least four times), etc. We always knew she was "just like us" which means she wasn't a superhero. But that she could be. And that we all could be.

I think that's a bit different from what you sketch it to be.

I just personally think she started noticing that her avant-garde act had reached its peak in terms of public interest and commercial revenue, and she just played the card she had always kept ready for use: to drop the "act" and reveal her "true" self behind all the costumes. That potential was always there, and now she uses it to stop working so hard and rely on her talent in a more ready-to-use way. She's done her part by capturing global attention with her ridiculous outfits and antics. Now she's ready to settle, with a few million bucks and a mansion of course :vegas:

It's totally understandable, and genius, but yeah, it does mean that her Gaga act will start crumbling before the fans' eyes, and that they'll have to let go of "Gaga". That's not fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Jaume said:

Who cares... does she care ? If it's not prepared, she says the first super emotional thing it comes to her head. I mean her statements about how she feels about Gaga/Steffani  make no sense if put them all together...  she has changed so much and gone through so much. 

I think there were times where she was Gaga and it was the only thing left she had... other times she wanted to scape from Gaga and the pain it brought to her. Where is she now? I don't know but who cares as long as she releases  good music. ASIB for me is amazing, whether it's Gaga or Ally.  That's the only thing I want from her... good performances, good music... I love her so much and I stan for her music and art but not for her persona anymore, not for any celebrity either because at the end of the day I don't want to worship anyone, it's silly.

Amen! :applause:

• Like 1

AlexanderMagno
3 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

Exactly this. How I feel about it? I stopped being a stan for Gaga years ago, she has contradicted herself so much in different ways.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1