Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

Ronk

She's human and fragile.  Not everyone experiences life the same way.  Emotionally she's very delicate.  In her journey through life she feels everything with great impact and importance, and things seem like life-changing experiences to her.  That's just how she's made, emotionally and mentally.  She's being honest about her feelings.

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 7

Miel
56 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, I never even looked at it that way. Nice interpretation.

It's funny because I've met some people who interpreted the movie in exactly the same way: like Ally needed the dude to bring out some true artistic expression out of her. In the end, her final glory moment of empowerment, Ally sings one of his songs rather than one of her own. You could argue that this is actually the opposite of empowerment.

I personally think that's a bit too simplistic, but it's definitely something to take into account, so thanks for that.

Kind of OT, but I remember seeing a really interesting interpretation in that:

Jackson helped finish writing one of her songs (Shallow), which starts the creation of the "star", or whatever. Ally, fueled by tragedy and trauma, finishes writing one of his songs (I'll Never Love Again), which completes the "birth" of the "star".

It might be kind of a stretch, but I like this interpretation a lot. It kind of brings their narrative to a very level, if not ultimately tragic, balance. One star dies, another is born, and both have an equal hand in it, whether they like it or not.

[I guess it also helps that in the context of the film, Jackson only wrote little parts of the song- possibly just the chorus. It was fairly easy, at least for me, to interpret Ally as finishing the song's writing.]

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 4

Miel
8 minutes ago, Ronk said:

She's human and fragile.  Not everyone experiences life the same way.  Emotionally she's very delicate.  In her journey through life she feels everything with great impact and importance, and things seem like life-changing experiences to her.  That's just how she's made, emotionally and mentally.  She's being honest about her feelings.

I agree. 

Throughout her career, I think she has just presented this in many different ways. It used to be through intense visual metaphor- not, it is more raw and direct.

GABEL
1 minute ago, Jamie said:

I don't know what I would say, also I have been noticing the fact that lately, Gaga tends to To hide behind other figure / personalities / authorities like she isn't enough to exists by herself. Tony and Bradley happens To be mens. 

Well I think she just being overdramatic here to either hide her insecurities or she's just like to exaggerate things, I'm not buying what she said but you guys just read it too seriously 

she also talk about how Sonja or Joanne changed her in many interviews, it's not like she only talk about man, and to be fair Bradly and Tony are very important friends to her.

Plus, can a woman be egocentric but like to hide under other figures like she depends on her friends to exist at the same time:oprah:?

Didymus
10 minutes ago, Miel said:

Kind of OT, but I remember seeing a really interesting interpretation in that:

Jackson helped finish writing one of her songs (Shallow), which starts the creation of the "star", or whatever. Ally, fueled by tragedy and trauma, finishes writing one of his songs (I'll Never Love Again), which completes the "birth" of the "star".

It might be kind of a stretch, but I like this interpretation a lot. It kind of brings their narrative to a very level, if not ultimately tragic, balance. One star dies, another is born, and both have an equal hand in it, whether they like it or not.

[I guess it also helps that in the context of the film, Jackson only wrote little parts of the song- possibly just the chorus. It was fairly easy, at least for me, to interpret Ally as finishing the song's writing.] 

I'm not sure I buy it completely but it sounds wonderful so I'll remember it :flutter:

Thanks for sharing, buddy :hug:

Lona Delery

if shes already being fake, she should hire smn to write her speeches etc so theyre consistent at least

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Cerny

This whole ASIB campaign seems super insincere, i find it try-hard and off-putting. 

She certainly knows her audience though.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 2

Miel
28 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I'm not sure I buy it completely but it sounds wonderful so I'll remember it :flutter:

Thanks for sharing, buddy :hug:

Yeah, of course.

Thinking of it in that way made the movie a little more magical for me the second time around.

Miel
26 minutes ago, Cerny said:

This whole ASIB campaign seems super insincere, i find it try-hard and off-putting. 

She certainly knows her audience though.

I honestly believe that something about the method acting she did really brought to light something raw inside of her. She's probably just been overwhelmed with graciousness and joy from it.

But when this campaign finishes and she returns back to the brash and trash-talking Gaga we know, I wouldn't be surprised lkdjfslkjdskljfsl

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Miel said:

I honestly believe that something about the method acting she did really brought to light something raw inside of her. She's probably just been overwhelmed with graciousness and joy from it. 

This is what she means, I think so too.

It reminds me of the interviews in which she said that Bradley forced her to go off script and just be natural in her responses, and how difficult that was for her. I'm certain it has something to do with that, letting her guard down, trusting someone with her passion, etc.

• Like 3

Cerny
Just now, Miel said:

But when this campaign finishes and she returns back to the brash and trash-talking Gaga we know, I wouldn't be surprised lkdjfslkjdskljfsl

I don’t mind vulnerability, this is some crowd pleaser kind of behavior, genuine things don’t manifest in a repetitive, pushy and rehearsed way. I really don’t buy her current self. 

Gaga does have the tendency of pushing narratives and then putting them on hold or aside once promotion campaigns are over, that’s why I said she knows her audience, which currently is not the fans.

• Like 4

Miel
3 minutes ago, Cerny said:

I don’t mind vulnerability, this is some crowd pleaser kind of behavior, genuine things don’t manifest in a repetitive, pushy and rehearsed way. I really don’t buy her current self. 

Gaga does have the tendency of pushing narratives and then putting them on hold or aside once promotion campaigns are over, that’s why I said she knows her audience, which currently is not the fans.

Absolutely.

We know she tends to be hyperbolic. I think this is a genuine and honest vulnerability, that she might be playing up for the crowd. Who knows.

• Like 2

ThatAsianGuy

Shes more iconic back in the The Fame era. All these personas are getting tired. She needs let go of this Stefani Vs Gaga Thing. :triggered:

Twenty One Pilots
  • LMAO 1

Miel
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

This is what she means, I think so too.

It reminds me of the interviews in which she said that Bradley forced her to go off script and just be natural in her responses, and how difficult that was for her. I'm certain it has something to do with that, letting her guard down, trusting someone with her passion, etc.

Yeah. We know she is a very emotional person, and it seems like this project was very emotional for literally everybody involved.

We are just more hyper-aware of Gaga's output into the public. I know Bradley, Anthony, Sam, and even Dave (and even Lukas??) have gotten weirdly super-emotional, when doing interviews about this film. 

I honestly hope they're all ok tbh daskldjalksdajkd at least they have each other.

• Love 2

Miel
Just now, ThatAsianGuy said:

Shes more iconic back in the The Fame era. All these personas are getting tired. She needs let go of this Stefani Vs Gaga Thing. :triggered:

I mean, yeah, but I think she and her team are also cognizant of the fact that Gaga is beyond just simple iconography now.

They're trying to iron her out as a renaissance talent- in which, she truly is, and it is working. It's just different than her first few years of her career. Not as entertaining, but a joy to watch, tbh.

• Like 2