Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are most DJs/EDM artists male?

Mus

Featured Posts

Music has been ruled by man in western culture, and most cultures, since ever.

At home producing beats, buh anyone can do it, but becoming a dj even these days you gotta get out there.

Imagine a nightclub.... You're a girl, sorrounded by a most likely male boss, mostly male bartenders, male security guards. The tech sound people are 99% male

Also, a place where people get crazy, you're a girl sorrounded by men, chance of harrassment oh boy .... BIG,

chance of making it ..... 0.00000000000 infinity

Ofc, you can sorround yourself with less alpha male environments, and make your way through. Ofc as well, you'd already be cutting down a big chunck of public, and being a name we'll ever hear about if we're not paying attention to the scene is.. 0.00001. Sometimes pops one, one in thousands

12 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

SOPHIE

Isn't she trans?

EDIT: Oh nvm :flop:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

RadioIsOurs

Maybe because it's a more male-oriented genre?

Being a DJ also usually requires little onstage charisma or visual presence, which are not requirements male musicians need to have in the industry to be successful. 

bpmMonkey
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Lady Starlight has left the chat

She just played Berghain a few weeks ago tho.. 

besides her

charlotte de witte, nur jaber, Dasha Rush, Steffi, Black Madonna, Honey Dijon, Tama sumo, aurora Halal and many more 

Andreu

Its definitely not sexism, it's just than for a reason or another girls are not as interested. Out of all the EDM fans I know, hardly any are girls. And I know quite some people who make electronic music and none of them is a girl. None of my friends that are girls are forced not to make EDM.

On the other hand I know much many more girls that like singing than boys. So this would be sexism too?

If you ask me, it has something to do with the reason why there aren't many gamer girls than boys. I dont know which might be, but at the end of the day producing is something that implies spending a lot of time alone in your computer.

And for those who say there  are no girls, I wanna see you all support Nervo, Alison Wonderland, etc

Versace
5 hours ago, River said:

sexism.. it's a scene that dominated by male..

Even producers, most of them are male..

But I kinda blame the female artists for still letting that happen and still choose to work with man instead of searching and lurking for talented women out there to work with them on their music.

Imogen Heap has killer production 

Hope Gaga works with her 

I for one am a huge fan of EDM and I can think of quite a few female DJs that I listen to.

Alice deejay, rezz, alison wonderland, dani Deahl (also a  producer), Nervo (twin girls), annie mac, krewella (girl duo), ellie goulding.

Archived