💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are most DJs/EDM artists male?

Mus

Featured Posts

And where are the female DJs?

It just hit me that I don’t know any female dj or edm artist, besides SOPHIE, who got me to question this.

Am I missing something? Did you guys ever wonder that?

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

sexism.. it's a scene that dominated by male..

Even producers, most of them are male..

But I kinda blame the female artists for still letting that happen and still choose to work with man instead of searching and lurking for talented women out there to work with them on their music.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

Paris Hilton :stalkga:

I didn’t know she was a DJ :duck: I know she got some songs out tho

migamiga

Because sexism and male privilege are keeping the girls down. But there are plenty of female djs maybe not the same amount as big name male djs but they’re out there

TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

I didn’t know she was a DJ :duck: I know she got some songs out tho

Oh yes...she gets paid bank and she has sets she performs around the world at festivals and clubs...

I was shocked too when I saw her behind the booth :wtfga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

4 minutes ago, River said:

But I kinda blame the female artists for still letting that happen and still choose to work with man instead of searching and lurking for talented women out there to work with them on their music.

4 minutes ago, Phoebe Buslay said:

Because sexism and male privilege are keeping the girls down. But there are plenty of female djs maybe not the same amount as big name male djs but they’re out there

Wow, they should have a chance too, hope it happens soon

Really hope one day to see female dj names rise

13 minutes ago, River said:

Dude, it's not sexism if no female gets popular for being an EDM artist or producer, come on I know you're smarter than that :ladyhaha:

sampool
12 minutes ago, River said:

Or maybe because that scene appeals to males more than females, not everything has to have an equal ratio. Plus there are ALOT of female DJs, specially in EDM influenced environment like Europe. 

Frivolero

"because apparently girls need to be gentle, soft and eloquent and dj-ing is rough, frowned upon on impressionable, vulnerable, dependent women" :chica:

Queen Gloria

Maybe it's something women aren't more interested in? Why is everything an evil male sexism issue? 

Archived