Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Powerpuff Girls Premiered 20 Years Ago Today

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

tfvjpugxslh4j4ztxdl4.jpg

Two decades ago, Professor Utonium added Chemical X to a mix of sugar, spice, and all things nice to create three hyper-strength girls. Cartoon Network‘s Powerpuff Girls became a cultural phenomenon, and has since become one of the most enduring of the channel’s creations. In 2018, the three super sisters’ indelible influence on animation and the wider pop culture landscape feels more relevant than ever.

The show’s action, humor, and young subjects set it apart from its peers and predecessors.

The Powerpuff Girls were kids, kindergarten-aged superheroes put in incredible situations and forced to save the day.

Without the massive success of the Powerpuff Girls, it’s unlikely the landscape would be in the shape it’s in today. Of course there is still work left to do, and Bubbles, Buttercup, and Blossom are there fighting tooth and nail right along side of us.

https://nerdist.com/powerpuff-girls-legacy-20-years-later/

JustinTrudeau

I loved watching this growing up. I even had a book that was a step-by-step in drawing the main characters and villains. 

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

PerfectCure

Truly the good era of cartoons. I don't even wanna open up a cartoon TV channel to see what's shown nowadays.

RAMROD

And CN ruined it by making reboots with different style of animation. Just like they did with Teen Titans. :(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TimisaMonster

I miss old school cartoon network and boomerang...those were amazing cartoons! 

:legend:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

IllusionLover
49 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

And CN ruined it by making reboots with different style of animation. Just like they did with Teen Titans. :(

Honestly I like more the new Powerpuff Girls than the old ones

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Haroon

I thought it'd been running before I began watching it, but turns out I was watching it when it was brand new :omg: Loved that show, so many great moments and episodes and lessons taught and so on :flutter: PPG and Dexter's Lab and Tom & Jerry and a few more shows were my early childhood in a nutshell and I miss those times :giveup:

calmar

And in another year, since (I'm assuming) they're American, they'd be able to legally drink.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

I agree about the reboot of TPPG but Teen Titan Go is very good, it’s really a good laugh

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LGMonster95

I thought it was much older lol but this brings so many memories. I used to really like watching this, Courage the Cowardly Dog (even thought it had some f*cked up episodes) Samurai Jack, Duel Masters (I used to have a bag full with this card game), Shaman King etc. This was the golden era of cartoons....

Archived