Lady Gaga filming Actors on Actors at Variety

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnwayne1993
1 hour ago, nerdfacekillah said:

i also thought that maybe she is letting her real hair grow but why would the GP relate more to her, because of ally being a brunette?

I guess? Perhaps it makes the GP think of her is more real - strips back the original perception of Gaga, GP may take her more seriously with a completely stripped back approach?

nerdfacekillah
1 hour ago, johnwayne1993 said:

I guess? Perhaps it makes the GP think of her is more real - strips back the original perception of Gaga, GP may take her more seriously with a completely stripped back approach?

i dont think that a hair color can make her look more stripped back because she got stripped during joanne era and she was blonde but i would love for her to let her hair with her natural color

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Bradley
4 hours ago, Suspiria said:

While I agree she looks incredible here, I hate the fact that she seems to think that in order to look strong, powerful and serious she has to look masculine... it's just such an outdated way of thinking. I thought we were past that.

I think women should be able to wear whatever they want, it's ironic how you're saying you don't want Lady Gaga to wear pants and masculine outfits just to look powerful and strong, when in fact what you just did is discourage her from expressing herself in whatever manner she wants.

Your intentions might have come from a good place, because you want women to be able to be strong even in dresses, but when you've come to a point of criticising women who wear suits, you're actually doing the opposite of empowering women. You're still restricting their choices and artistic freedom.

Besides, she's created a legacy for herself wearing dresses, haute couture, high heels, avant-garde outfits, collaborating with tons of fashion icons, I think she has made pretty bold statements wearing dresses.

Suspiria
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I think women should be able to wear whatever they want, it's ironic how you're saying you don't want Lady Gaga to wear pants and masculine outfits just to look powerful and strong, when in fact what you just did is discourage her from expressing herself in whatever manner she wants.

Your intentions might have come from a good place, because you want women to be able to be strong even in dresses, but when you've come to a point of criticising women who wear suits, you're actually doing the opposite of empowering women. You're still restricting their choices and artistic freedom.

Besides, she's created a legacy for herself wearing dresses, haute couture, high heels, avant-garde outfits, collaborating with tons of fashion icons, I think she has made pretty bold statements wearing dresses.

I definitely see your point, and I can see why you've maybe misunderstood what I meant (I don't think I was really clear enough).

It's not that I don't think Gaga/women should wear suits, of course not. My issue is that it seems very much the norm for women to dress like men whenever they want to seem 'serious' or 'strong', and I find it sad that Gaga seems to also be buying into this idea.

Lady-Gaga1.jpg

Like I remember seeing this from the 2015 Billboard Women of the Year awards. These women, who are known for owning their sexuality and femininity, trying de-feminise themselves in an attempt to look more 'strong and powerful' - at an event celebrating how strong and powerful women are...

4f2a2991fcb8f188c62d9b3f602a89f8.jpg

And even this outfit (which I loved) seems to have been her attempt at fitting in with the boys in order to be seen as more of a 'real musician'. If you listen to a lot of her Perfect Illusion interviews, she talks about how she was so honoured and grateful to have been "one of the boys" while recording with Mark, Josh Homme etc. As if them being a group of males made her unworthy of working with them, as if she wasn't on their level. And the way she dressed while recording with them seems to reflect this attitude that you cannot be both professional and feminine.

080416-lady-gaga-street-style.jpg?itok=Z

The fact that it's Gaga we're discussing, who has worn every style of clothing in existence and who has no real "signature style" (as opposed to Lana for example, who is known for delicate, traditionally feminine looks and classic Hollywood glamour) makes it more complicated... but I don't know, it just doesn't sit quite right with me. At the end of the day though it's just clothing, we'll all have our different interpretations of it:hug:

crisTEAne
6 hours ago, asana15 said:

6324496-6401881-Chatting_it_up_Her_black

this pic is already iconic. :whitney:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

@Suspiria I just wanted to say that your general analyses is fantastic, and you’ve made some great points.

That said, I do think we should be cognizant that Gaga is very cognizant about making particular statements. While she does love abstract and metaphors, sometimes she will drive the message home as directly as possible. Sometimes, that means doing things as literally and accommodatingly as she can to the public (which, in and of itself could be seen as a statement itself).

It also could just be something she is still unpacking. As much as she is femme, I don’t doubt that she still has some tendencies towards perceiving masculinity in a particular way.

3 points in and ready for more

Suspiria
4 hours ago, Miel said:

@Suspiria I just wanted to say that your general analyses is fantastic, and you’ve made some great points.

That said, I do think we should be cognizant that Gaga is very cognizant about making particular statements. While she does love abstract and metaphors, sometimes she will drive the message home as directly as possible. Sometimes, that means doing things as literally and accommodatingly as she can to the public (which, in and of itself could be seen as a statement itself).

It also could just be something she is still unpacking. As much as she is femme, I don’t doubt that she still has some tendencies towards perceiving masculinity in a particular way.

Yeah you're definitely right... I think the point I was trying to make is more relevant to Lana and some other artists than to Gaga. Her style is so boundless and all encompassing that it is hard to make any comment on her clothing as a whole. Any comment I could try to make on something she's worn could be contradicted by something else she wore before or after it:chica:

Archived