Diane. Gaga changed a line and got a credit & Oscar nomination

Allegedly********

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay didn’t know that and it’s kinda not the thing I wanted to prove. They payed for Applause which was amazing IMO. 

Ofc the payed for applause. That's literally the bare minimum they could do :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Andy McQueen

I somehow also tend to believe the song was snubbed at the Oscars because Harvey Weinstein lobbied against it secretly (remember, his company was the producer of the movie). 

Regina George
5 minutes ago, Stef said:

it's easy for them to shove the blame to corporate when gaga doesn't do what they want her to do because it hurts them less - but G.U.Y. is a bad example sis, she funded that video on her own

665323151_stefggd.thumb.JPG.709207286581

I’m also a Britney fan and believe me Interscope is heaven compared to RCA. I know what they do for Britney and how many scraped projects she had. They din’t want to pay her for promotion or anything. They only let her release 2 singles per era nowadays. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Ofc the payed for applause. That's literally the bare minimum they could do :selena:

Ofc but my point is that Gaga didn’t want huge budgets for Joanne music videos and it’s not fair to blame Interscope when even if they gave her all the money she would have made simple video.. 

Weasel
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay didn’t know that and it’s kinda not the thing I wanted to prove. They payed for Applause which was amazing IMO. 

I don't think Interscope is horrible either though. Some people just hear about one cancellation and immediately try to discredit them as a label when at the end of the day Gaga is still part of a business. Ideas are bound to not happen and plans may change. Looking at how much money was put into the G.U.Y. video and seeing how little views it generated can you really blame them for not wanting to invest in that? 

The Joanne era was handled so much better than ARTPOP imo. It showed they still were able to manage an era. Even though the videos were quite lackluster I think that had more to do with Gaga's vision than theirs. And I think that once they knew they'd get the Superbowl they knew she'd get the press talking anyways regardless of expensive music videos or not. 

mr.peter

gaga Gets some of the best album campaigns and pushes when she releases. I hate when people complain about Interscope. They do so much for her. 

DONAJENDRO
13 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Allegedly********

Diane said that Gaga "sang the sh*t out of it" and that if Gaga was on it - they had a shot at an Oscar. It was marketing

Mad Onna

17 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Gaga actually has really big budget and is free to make any video she wants. They gave her complete artistic freedom and integrity with the contract she signed few years ago.  She didn’t want to make videos that are over the top during the Joanne era and she said it few times. Interscope is amazing for Gaga. 

EDIT: Okay apparently Gaga payed for GUY (didn’t know that, sorry) but they still payed for Applause and that video was amazing. Budget is not playing a big part when it comes to quality. 

Ugh no, sorry but i dont buy it. And where's the prove she signed a new contract with complete artistic freedom.

I've never encoutered such a thing, and it's not realistic.

They don't trust her, they pressure her, and the problem is that she actually likes them. Cause they seem to genuinely like her, but business is another thing

Arturo
35 minutes ago, Epione said:

Interscope sucks as a label, Gaga never gets enough money for her videos. Nothing new. 

it's by far one of the best labels. And they've been A+ on Gaga stuff right now.

I don't blame them for not wanting to finance a video for a BOMB. They're a company.

Arturo
5 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

gaga Gets some of the best album campaigns and pushes when she releases. I hate when people complain about Interscope. They do so much for her. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DiamondAngel
25 minutes ago, DONAJENDRO said:

22 minutes ago, Stef said:

Even to this day, I'll never get over the hilarity of this :rip:

scammer :poot:

They have said multiple times that while Gaga didn't contribute to the lyrics, she vastly changed the composition. It was a much softer, piano-driven ballad and Gaga added more of the rock sound to it and made it louder. Lyrics aren't the only things that get you songwriting credits! 

BuzzcutSeason
40 minutes ago, Epione said:

Interscope sucks as a label, Gaga never gets enough money for her videos. Nothing new. 

Interscope is a great label, one of the best actually. Gaga's videos are mainly self-funded by choice, they give her a certain budget and if she exceeds it art comes first and she does what she wants.

Cody James
47 minutes ago, DONAJENDRO said:

Do we know the line we must be thankful for? :)

Archived