Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay you’re right! I hope you are happy now and can live in peace 

giphy.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The overall theme of the show was the concept of Joanne as her middle name and also as halfway between her two main personas. Its all about shape shifting, being on her full Gaga mode and then she becomes “the girl crying with a bottle of Pinot Grigio” and then becomes Gaga again (as seen in the applause interlude).

I think the tour was amazing, it was clean and beautiful, her singing and dancing were better than ever, it had good lights and pyro 

Nah, I hear what you're saying, but that was not executed the way it should have been.

The stage was essentially bare and industrial. It neither exuded Gaga nor Joanne, and as I said, the white tacos and pedestals were very unlike Gaga's aesthetic. It almost seemed as if the staging had been designed by someone previously, and they picked up the design in the whirlwind of whatever else was going on with Gaga (5f2, ASIB, Super Bowl, etc.). Yes, the interludes showcased this dychotomy, but overall, the show was more bare-bones and "clean" than her others. It was a good setup to showcase her music and still wow the audience. It was not staged as a directional show as TMB, BTWB, and ARTRAVE were. 

And shape shifting? She starts in a cowboy hat, and ends in one...

No one is denying her talent or ability. Yes, she slayed. She always does. But when you look at this tour compared to the rest of them, it clearly lacks a direction and commitment to aesthetic that the others had. Just as the Joanne era in general did. 

And that's ok! She branched out, focused on acting, did the Super Bowl, and made herself a huge GP smash. But you can't deny the facts, and act like JWT was the most "GAGA" show she's ever toured. Like, come on. 

That all being said, I saw the show twice and enjoyed myself both times. But I've also seen her others, and JWT definitely lacks that Gaga-ness that we've seen in the past. The campiness, the eccentricity, a storyline. 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, oyeavi said:

I hope the setlist has not more than 1 song from Joanne era. Almost 80 percent set list should be dance songs. Include Heal me/hair body face and Wdydyt 

She loves Joanne, fam :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Joshie S
3 hours ago, dit said:

Absolutely agree. Gaga herself is one of the greatest show women in the business. I just did not like the disconnect between the stage, the music, the era and the interludes. Some could argue that it was all interconnected I suppose but for me there was a big disconnect which ultimately made me feel like the Joanne World Tour was just a greatest hits tour (if that makes any sense). Of course all tours in a way are "greatest hits tours" because they all showcase an artists biggest hits but the Joanne World Tour was really disconnected from the Joanne era and overall aesthetic.It depended too much on the previous "Gaga brand" which did not work with the Joanne record itself. 

However with Formicetti involved I am high expectations for the Vegas show as yu mentioned. He was always great at focusing Gaga's brilliant ideas. This is why I love when Gaga collaborats with great professionals. She's a genius but even geniuses need someone torefine their ideas and even geniuses need ppl brave enough to sometimes say "this aint it". Gaga's surrounded herself with a lot of "yes ppl" with good reason but Formicetti does not strike me as a "yes-man". This will be great. I just have to wait and see I suppose.  

Cheers to that! Great minds think a like sweetness :vegas: 

I don't agree about there being a disconnect regarding the stage. The stage for the Joanne World Tour told a story in itself. The way it was choreographed to move, the visuals, all told a story.

As Gaga even said herself, the stage was meant to be a "perfect illusion".. as when you first lay your eyes on the stage, all you see is a "boring" black stage, and a few round stages.. but then, as Gaga comes out and tells the story (with her music) - the stage, also tells a story as it lights up and comes alive. Every single move it makes, every visual you see, is all tied into the story that truth be told Gaga has been telling for years in her tours, live shows & music.

To say there's a disconnect, I definitely disagree. I can see how you would and could see that, but I guess, like with a lot of fans, you're not understanding or interpret that part of the show the way Gaga intended for, which is fine.

I understand how you feel there are no "aesthetic" connections between the stage and the Joanne era, but I somewhat disagree with that also. The Joanne era was extremely toned down and stripped back; which is what descriptions of the stage seem to be. But then, the stage also turns into something I can only describe as "ARTPOP". The JWT stage is so ARTPOP. 

The catwalks/being so far out in the audience with the B stage also importantly ties into the Joanne era. She mentioned it in the show, before singing Million Reasons.. that with this album, she found her way back home. If you understand the story of the JWT show, you will understand why she uses the catwalks at the certain song points that she uses them at.

So, you can say that there was a disconnect with the stage. However with all things Gaga does and touches, there's a story, a message behind it. 

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

RAMROD

Not impossible it will be interactive show where the audience are taking part in :poot:

Or she can always emerge from the audience area walking down on the stairs while picking a lucky audience to the stage at one point :poot:

Wishful thinkin but who knows :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KatieJudasGaga4
3 hours ago, Suspiria said:

As much as I disliked the Joanne era, I think it was pretty cohesive during the "main" part of the promo cycle (from September until December - I think 2017 was more "greatest hits" era than Joanne). We got lots of pastel pink, crop tops and denim shorts, messy ponytails, and that damn hat. Not much else.

ARTPOP however... between August and December we'd already had Applause clown, seashell bikini girl, Marilyn Monroe, Versace princess, Mary Jane Holland, dreadlocks, green Christmas hair, banshee ghost lady, famous paintings impressions... probably a tonne more I can't even remember.

"Greatest Hits Era" when all the songs on the tour from her past albums were shortened besides BR....

freebit

I'm happy he's involved in the styling. He's great at pop star stuff. Him & Eli Russell Lintz might be a slay. :excited2:I'm not getting any traditional glittery Gwen/J.Lo vibes from this pairing, so hopefully her show will set itself apart in tone and look. 

Sandrology

Maybe it was because I saw her the first time on this tour.. but BTW is the superior tour of hers (and maybe will ever be)..

- She brought up fans and kids on the stage multiple times,

- She was singing most of the Songs of the current album which you can't tell for ARave or JWT

- She had a Freakin massive Castle as her stage that interacted and opened up

- She was dressed as an alien-queen, gave homage to the meat dress, had an mechanical horse, and was a motorcycle at one point and was born on stage

- And the show lasted for two and a half hours while she was dancing her as* of, just remember the Iconic "Scheiße" routine

Bradley
6 hours ago, dit said:

I'll believe it when I see it :trollga:

Gaga's an excellent outstanding performer but I did not like the Joanne world Tour all that much. Gaga herself was outstanding but the show was underwhelming for me (I know it is a controversial opinion since JWT seems to be a fav of many here). 

I'm sorry you feel that way but Joanne World Tour was critically acclaimed, and many fans and critics thought her vocals improved considerably, and that's a hard thing to achieve since she was also praised for her vocals for the artRAVE, Born This Way Ball and The Monster Ball.

I attended the show without knowing a single thing, not the outfits, not the setlist, not the stage design, and I was completely blown away by it. I still regard it as the best night of my life.

5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but Joanne World Tour was critically acclaimed, and many fans and critics thought her vocals improved considerably, and that's a hard thing to achieve since she was also praised for her vocals for the artRAVE, Born This Way Ball and The Monster Ball.

I attended the show without knowing a single thing, not the outfits, not the setlist, not the stage design, and I was completely blown away by it. I still regard it as the best night of my life.

Yes of course but as I previously mentioned Gaga herself was amazing. I'm just saying the overall show was underwhelming for me. I understand a lot of ppl are satisfied with the show because as stated Gaga was beyond excellent but for me I also look for other elements and the Joanne Tour didnt hit those. That being said I will say it is still a good tour overall. Not my cupa but still good for sure! 

mariomania1234

The Joanne tour  was her best and most dynamic tour stage ever. .

TAIT%20-%20Lady%20Gaga%20-%20Joanne%20Wo

Lady%20Gaga%20Vancouver%20Picture%20Credl3.jpg

I'm kind of floored of what I'm reading in this thread.

Anyway, I'm really excited for ENIGMA.

Irrelevant
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

"Greatest Hits Era" when all the songs on the tour from her past albums were shortened besides BR....

well it wasn't going to be shortened. for like the first leg before the cancellation poker face, scheiße, Alejandro, just dance, lovegame, telephone, applause, the edge of glory, and bloody mary were all full, or like to the second chorus. they just gradually got shortened as time went on

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

FfFfFfFF
5 hours ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

0f3ae83b7cdfdb650f5cd4578a67cea6.jpglady-gaga-london-1.jpg?w=117002-lady-gaga-snl-promo-vid-still-2016-bilady-gaga-23.jpg?w=2000&h=2892bef59c697b4db1b53157f1c3d1bba638.jpglady-gaga-harpers-bazaar-us-dec-2016-c2a04-Lady-Gaga-b-perform-2016-Victorias-Se

I mean did you expected her to wear the same suit from Oct 2016 to January 2018? She is not Carino. :messga:

Cohesive is something that works as as a whole. Individual outfits can still vary. You can see the pink trademark of Joanne in most of these outfits. And the hat.

She is Lady Gaga, it was expected to mix Joanne style with her crazy style which is her signature at one point during the era and those were those times. Still apart from the first two ones which were exceptions the era was stylistically coherent.

KatieJudasGaga4
29 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

well it wasn't going to be shortened. for like the first leg before the cancellation poker face, scheiße, Alejandro, just dance, lovegame, telephone, applause, the edge of glory, and bloody mary were all full, or like to the second chorus. they just gradually got shortened as time went on

Actually Just Dance, LoveGame and Telephone were all shortened before the 10th show. Bloody Mary was shortened in like November after she came back and Alejandro was already shortened...I get why she doesn't shorten The Edge of Glory, she tributes it to someone in every show..but come on, there is like 5 more songs from Joanne in the tour..

Suspiria
3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Well yes, but so were most of the Joanne songs;) Less than half the setlist was from Joanne! And the Superbowl and Coachella were definitely greatest hits shows.

Archived