💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

freebit

I think they just reused THR article (IIRC, them & BB are under the same media umbrella).

Anyway, seems a bit shortsided to say this because it gives the impression that it's completely flopping overseas when in the UK, Ireland, and Australia it's received the triple crown of #1 movie, album, and song. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my country the movie was released on Oct 18th, it lasted 2 days only, and when i went to the cinema me and my boyfriend were the only one watching the movie. 

It is a really good movie, but this kind of story is just not appealing for everybody, it is understandable. 

I dont know how it perform in Spain. In Barcelona the theatre was  kinda packed the 3 times I went to watch the movie lol... but there a lot of gays in this city and they wanted to see her. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Yeah as has been said that headline is incredibly misinformed and click bait.  “Overseas” is anywhere not in North America and not non-English speaking only.  As we know it is one of the biggest movies and soundtracks of the year in UK, Australia, Ireland etc.

FRANK1991

the article made sense

it's a very American story, the American dream, hollywood stars, country rock songs

but it did got all the gays talking in my country for sure

although now they are all talking about Bohemian Rhapsody

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

elijahfan

Well, it's doing really well in France. There are tons of people I know that come up to me and tell me they thought about me when they saw the movie, and totally understood my fascination for Gaga (at ****ing last).

Though it is true that international numbers could have been bigger, so, sistrens.... which country isn't doing its job? :crossed:

AlexanderMagno

I think fans need to be realistic here.

Over the last five years, Gaga has been promoting herself intensely in the USA. Not abroad. This movie is literally the first time since Born This Way people are seeing Gaga in a major event.

So, of course there was already more hype about the movie in the US. Worldwide, it's basically mouth-to-mouth campaign, and it's doing really well actually. Not Mamma Mia well, but better than expected.

The story itself is an American classic. A Star is Born is not a one of those classics everyone remembers, except in the US, so of course Americans will want to see it even more.

Really, this is completely understandable. You guys shouldn't really take it as an offense...

RAMROD
2 hours ago, Grimpsy said:

Well, I'm from Russia and totally got it what is SNL. You don't have to be in US to understand this or other stuff

It is back to this part of line again

2 hours ago, KleinGa said:

Unless you're a gay pop culture junkie, parts of the film will mean nothing to you

You may be one of this people. But you cannot speak for every one else who are detached from this  kind of stuffs.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

4 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

I literally read "Why 'A Star Is Born' isn't Oscar worthy" :messga: I was about to set the Billboard offices on fire

This

ChaosAngel17

Ummm Hi I live in a small country in eastern Europe (Albania) AND THE CINEMAS WERE FILLED WITH PEOPLE EVEN AFTER 2 WEEKS OF IT'S RELEASE thank you for coming in my TED talk

La La Land and Greatest Showman made 70 million in China and Japan. There's most of your difference right there. ASIB hasn't opened in all foreign markets yet. Sort of a poorly researched article imo.

Archived