💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Beyoncé the supreme of the music industry?

Kimmo

Featured Posts

I mean, if she starts solely writing her songs instead of just adding random oooh-ahhhs to them, maybe we could consider her "the supreme" :lana:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic.. Since you are a fan of both ladies, which era in your opinion was bigger? BTW or Lemonade. I know both sold a lot. Both were nominated for album of the year (and both lost to Adele:triggered:). However, Lemonade did win some Grammys tho. Unlike BTW. and I know singles wise, BTW did a bit better. Still, what do you think? Unfortunately, I didn’t get to enjoy the entire BTW era so I’m not sure. But it seems by the response of Monsters that it was huge.

Idk why I can’t tag you BorisIsHere

2 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Nothing good is about to come from this thread. :madge:

But I don't think there is a "supreme" spot". She's definietly worthy of all the praise she get's. She wouldn't be this successful 21 years into a career if she was talentless and didn't work hard. 

COLOGNE_GIF_BEN_HAGARTY_8.gif

Check the post above this one.

Hahahhaha no:huntyga:. Maybe in top 5 of “pop” divas but not at all music industry. Of all time michael and elvis and not dead,  madonna. 

PunkTheFunk

She definitely holds the top spot in terms of overall relevancy and success, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is less talented than her.

Her performing abilities are unmatched and her vocals are some of the best, but the biggest thing she lacks in my opinion is her own artistic voice. She can't "let loose" on stage the way Gaga does. Everything she does has been choreographed down to a tee by a team of 100 people.

PoshLife

Didn't 21 pilots take the number one spot against Beyonce and Jay-Z's album? It's hard to call someone the supreme if they can't go #1 with every release.

She also really hasn't had a solid hit in a long time. (Plus, Formation was more of a news item than an actual hit.)

I have nothing against her personally, it's just... let's look at the facts lol

zakariah
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

She even gets Adele’s awards... so is she?

shouldn't this be the other way round as of late :selena:

Spoiler

LEMONADE deserved AOTY :grr:

zakariah

To me, yeah, she kinda is the Supreme of the music industry, I mean even when her music 'flops' she'll be considered for numerous awards & stuff. Like take Everything Is Love for example, if i'm not wrong it's the first time she didn't get a #1 on the Billboard 200, and it's basically her worst-selling album yet (& probably ever), but even then, it's still one of the top picks for the major categories at the Grammys, even in my predictions.

All those rumours and illuminati BS aside, Beyonce IS an extremely talented and versatile performer, and that's why she's been relevant in the music industry for so long.

Borislshere
34 minutes ago, Pantera said:

Off topic.. Since you are a fan of both ladies, which era in your opinion was bigger? BTW or Lemonade. I know both sold a lot. Both were nominated for album of the year (and both lost to Adele:triggered:). However, Lemonade did win some Grammys tho. Unlike BTW. and I know singles wise, BTW did a bit better. Still, what do you think? Unfortunately, I didn’t get to enjoy the entire BTW era so I’m not sure. But it seems by the response of Monsters that it was huge.

Born this way. Gaga was constantly being mentioned in the news from the beginning to the end. I’d say Beyoncé’s “self-titled” was on level with Gaga’s Born this way in how both changed pop culture. 

5 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Born this way. Gaga was constantly being mentioned in the news from the beginning to the end. I’d say Beyoncé’s “self-titled” was on level with Gaga’s Born this way in how both changed pop culture. 

I’ve always been conflicted with Beyoncé’s “self-titled” and Lemonade and deciding which one was bigger. I agree tho, Beyoncé’s “self-titled” did change pop music. Hence why we see the likes of Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, etc.. on hip hop beats.

Well, I don't know, I just don't like her.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

zakariah
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

it's funny, I don't remember much of my childhood days, but what I do remember is drawing up a BTW-themed countdown on my whiteboard & anticipating the album release every single day, & when it was finally out, I rushed to my local CD store to buy it. and with Beyonce's self-titled album, I remember I was out with my mum & when I went on twitter I saw 'BEYONCE' trending & I was like WHAT?! & opened my itunes app and saw the banner on the front page 'BEYONCE - EXCLUSIVE VISUAL ALBUM' & I bought it right there & then, & then when I reached my home & bingewatched the entire album & absolutely loved it.

Curunir
44 minutes ago, Pantera said:

BTW era was off the charts. The hype was truly something else. It was so big in fact that it almost negatively affected its own success :laughga:

Love Lemonade tho, probably my favorite Bey album:saira:

Borislshere
8 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

wing up a BTW-themed countdown on my whiteboard & anticipating the album release

I USED TO DO THIS. :cryga: BTW came out when I was in 8th grade and I used to write a count down everyday for a month on the whiteboard in my science class. :laughga:

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived