FATCAT
1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

define 'pop' lol

Pop - noun - a carbonated soft drink.

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA radio can suck my d*ck. They are full of BS and only spin songs that the labels have paid big money for. :fthis: payola driven market.

Gagadonna

No surprising the song and US can't get along. Gaga and Bradley are far from the shallow ones after all :ohwell:

Gagadonna
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Pop - noun - a carbonated soft drink.

ha ha ha so funny i can't how did you find that joke 

bloody g
9 minutes ago, Admin said:

I wish Gaga all the success in the world and obviously want "Shallow" to smash, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? I mean, it's not really a pop song?

It is a hot track from the biggest popstar in the world in an oscar frontrunning movie. It definitely MUST be played.

It is easily the biggest WW smash since Havana. I call bs.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yes because if Adele sang it, it would have a much more radio-friendly vocals, production, and structure.

wasn't million reasons radio-friendly enough? 

radio still paid it dust - the only reason it did well was due to the superbowl. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

It’s a stupid reasoning. The job of radios is to promote popular songs. Shallow is one of the most popular songs in the US at the moment. 

TwerkinLurkin

All of you saying it’s because the song isnt pop isn’t necessarily true I mean gaga has been having hard time on radio for years even the cure which was the most gp friendly song gaga has ever released did pretty bad on us radio

15 minutes ago, Admin said:

I wish Gaga all the success in the world and obviously want "Shallow" to smash, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? I mean, it's not really a pop song?

What genre would you put it in then? 

Just now, mamo said:

wasn't million reasons radio-friendly enough? 

It's not very radio friendly. The vocals and production are still very raw. You can't really compare it to those polished Adele songs.

TwerkinLurkin
16 minutes ago, Admin said:

Are we gonna act like they didn’t do this with the cure either though?

BlahForever1
6 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

At least she didn’t say that they refuse to play it just because it’s Gaga. It kind of gives me hope that if Gaga actually makes a true pop record with her own stamp on it and promotes it like a proper single they’ll still play her.  :cryga:

Tbh the impression I got from that podcast was that a lot of radio programmers want Gaga to go back making songs like Just Dance... But if Gaga did that, I'm sure they'd still find a reason to NOT play her.

Archived