Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

New Poppy song "Aristocrat" samples Alejandro

jujubaruda

Featured Posts

Miracle
33 minutes ago, Vegas said:

The more I see from this girl, the more I’m convinced she just created this “persona” to excuse the basic, generic music she’s putting out. 

Whatever you say, she's serving bops and most of her tracks are far from generic, in fact, they are quite experimental and outlandish

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jujubaruda
34 minutes ago, Vegas said:

The more I see from this girl, the more I’m convinced she just created this “persona” to excuse the basic, generic music she’s putting out. 

That's what people used to think of Gaga :reductive:

Titanic sinclair won't make something as basic as this. The song is generic and I'd put the blame in the music industry and whatever label poppy is signed to. Titanic produced better music when Poppy was still kinda indie and during his time with Mars Argo. :fthis:

And Im so PRESSED that she went mainstream. And I use to hate indie fans who hate their fave when their fave went mainstream. A true reverse indie fanian experience.:fthis:

sweet but psycho 🔪

Lottie Winters
12 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Well their project started out as creepy uncanny-vally Youtube "art" videos, which a robot girl fit perfectly into. Then when she got cultishly popular, she was offered an album contract. She was literally handed a music career for being successful in creating a character people were drawn to.  So I think that's where a lot of the issue comes from-- rather than being a musician who created a persona to attract an audience, she is a persona who was given a music career. It doesn't leave a lot of room for re-inventing herself or exploring her identity (or for, yknow, musical talent and growth). If she ditches Titanic she could re-brand herself, but I'm not sure if she has the drive and vision to do it. 

Wasn’t she signed to Island Records before she started YouTube videos? Music was always the cause and purpose here.

Dukttape
1 hour ago, jujubaruda said:

Take a listen. Garibay is credited.

If Alejandro is actually being sampled, shouldn't RedOne get the credit? Or is this another Fernando Garibetrayal?

I'm not convinced this is related to Alejandro in any way. Fernando Garibay did not work on Alejandro. I think they just mimicked the style of Alejandro (or the song it's based on: Csárdás).

JazzGa
14 minutes ago, jujubaruda said:

I thought it was Ace of Base, not ABBA.

Oh yeah you're right!

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Both this song and Alejandro sample the great band ABBA! 

45 minutes ago, DONAJENDRO said:

except abba was never credited on alejandro like they deserved :selena:

It was ace of base you guys 

♥ Kindness Police.

Luv u Sum
1 hour ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Yes??? I am pretty sure that was obvious? I mean what alternative theories are there, that Poppy is REALLY an innocent gender-confused android? :selena:

The only note I'd add is that the persona was largely her boyfrienduceranager's (that's boyfriend/producer/manager to you plebs) idea. It is unclear how much influence the young woman who currently plays Poppy had on the character. I'd love to see her ditch the manipulative egomaniac Titanic Sinclaire in the dirt one day and see what ideas she really has, if any. 

TEA! She actually has a super awesome taste in music like heavy metal and j-pop and ****. You can hear it on some of the songs in the album. 

So if she just ditched his messy ass she would be SOO GOOD 

Gracious Gaga

Omg I’m sorry but I do not like this vocalist or these lyrics .  Horrible imo

♥ Kindness Police.

bloody g

Alejandro sweetie I'm so sorry

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

StarstruckIllusion

The drums in the chorus yeah. Sound just like Alejandro. Interesting. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived