Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Help New Pop Songs with melodies from others

Defmix100

Featured Posts

I'm having the same situation with this song at the "This could get ugly" part. It sounds like one of those unpopular songs I've heard years ago 

Defmix100
11 hours ago, Werk said:

I'm having the same situation with this song at the "This could get ugly" part. It sounds like one of those unpopular songs I've heard years ago 

let me know if you figure it out, I haven't heard this song before but I like it. Also it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a melody actually being used before in another song/s, or the melody just flowing in a natural way that people think in their head. Like sometimes you can hear a song for the first time and start humming along and can take a guess where the melody is gonna go based on the chords or just our knowledge of that song style and the "this could get ugly" part did that for me

14 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

I think it's usually subconsious, like a melody would just come to your head when writing but it's actually something you've heard before.

But I wrote a song in 2011 where the bridge melody was basically the exact same as the Swine chorus even though gaga didn't release that till over 2 years later

I know what you mean, at the beginning of 2015 I had written a song called “Religion” and the chorus was something like “you’re my religion...” anyway Lana snatched that idea by the end of the year :air: Also I had a song called “Swan Song” but they’re nothing alike so I’ll give her a pass on that one :saladga:

Defmix100
5 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

I know what you mean, at the beginning of 2015 I had written a song called “Religion” and the chorus was something like “you’re my religion...” anyway Lana snatched that idea by the end of the year :air: Also I had a song called “Swan Song” but they’re nothing alike so I’ll give her a pass on that one :saladga:

yeah it can happen a lot, my friends and I are filmmakers and it's happened so many times that once an idea is voiced it then gets made, it's happened at least 5 times these last few months

Defmix100
49 minutes ago, whateveradore said:

no shade but you guys are aware that there is so much musicians can make as original right?

yeah it doesn't bother me, I just want to know where I've heard them originally because they've been stuck in my head

Archived