💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Help New Pop Songs with melodies from others

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Defmix100

So there's 4 songs out now with melodies that I've heard from other songs, I know this can happen a lot but these feel pretty specific to me and not overly used.

I heard Ellie Gouldings new song for the first time today and after about 20 minutes realised the melody I recognised from it was from Gaga's Something Crazy

But the songs I still can't figure out are these (timecoded at the melody moment):

Does anyone recognise these melodies from other songs? Think the last one might be from Enrique Iglesias or something

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

the last one is this

oh yeah that's it! one down haha thanks

Catnikko
Just now, Defmix100 said:

oh yeah that's it! one down haha thanks

The Jonas blue one i totally hear as well :triggered: I'm determined to find it, I feel it might be a justin bieber song

Actual patient

Defmix100
1 minute ago, Unbeweavable said:

The Jonas blue one i totally hear as well :triggered: I'm determined to find it, I feel it might be a justin bieber song

yeah I thought Justin Bieber too, it definitely has a 2009/10 sort of vibe

Defmix100
3 minutes ago, davflz said:

ok but that ellie song really is eerily similar to Something Crazy what the hell :triggered:

yeah the fact it's the same key too haha

1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

yeah the fact it's the same key too haha

like is this just a weird coincidence or was deliberate? The idea of Ellie Goulding searching through obscure old Gaga music that really only LM's know like "yes, this is my new hit" is so funny to me though :ladyhaha:

Defmix100
8 minutes ago, davflz said:

like is this just a weird coincidence or was deliberate? The idea of Ellie Goulding searching through obscure old Gaga music that really only LM's know like "yes, this is my new hit" is so funny to me though :ladyhaha:

I think it's usually subconsious, like a melody would just come to your head when writing but it's actually something you've heard before.

But I wrote a song in 2011 where the bridge melody was basically the exact same as the Swine chorus even though gaga didn't release that till over 2 years later

Defmix100
12 minutes ago, davflz said:

Also I was wondering how many celebs have listened to lesser known/unreleased tracks, like RuPaul mentioned Nothing On But The Radio

1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

I think it's usually subconsious, like a melody would just come to your head when writing but it's actually something you've heard before.

But I wrote a song in 2011 where the bridge melody was basically the exact same as the Swine chorus even though gaga didn't release that till over 2 years later

Ok swine is low key one of my fav songs from ARTPOP. your and Gaga's minds. ugh.

Princess Stache

Listen to the drop in David Guetta ft Sia's "Light-Headed" and compare it to the drop in the Million Reasons Andrelli Remix

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Punktious said:

Woman Like Me reminds me of Side To Side. Both bops :vegas:

yeah it does sound like Side to Side but the vocal melody at that specific part I've heard sang before somewhere else

1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

This is so relatable :air:

Archived