💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Diane Warren confirms ASIB pop songs were meant to be fun not bad songs

monketsharona

Featured Posts

NewRules

I dislike WDYDT because the chorus is so grating. I don't care about the lyrics - I love the rest of the pop songs - but the chorus is awful. There's no way Gaga would have put that song on any of her albums

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FullPsychotic
4 hours ago, FullPsychotic said:

SPOILER/FUN

Just figuring out why Jackson was upset about the ass lyrics...

In a scene he was receiving a intramuscular injection right in his ass for his health problems...

She was a little disrespectful with these lyrics in WDYDT...

Is it a possibile theory?

Ok after this "fun" theory got rejected with a 

4 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

No

I'll try with a new one :

What if Gaga (not Ally) actually wrote WDYDT after looking closer at how good Bradley Cooper ass looked in jeans? 

These lyrics may not be that uninspired after all.

Yes or not? :)

1 hour ago, Possibly Maybe said:

There’s no way he could have listened to ARTPOP, the movie takes place in 2009 according to the merchandise :vegas:

No it doesn’t. They’re just selling that Merch for the aesthetic of “old vintage Merch” that is pretty popular. Ally can be seen with an iPhone 8 during the film lol. It’s pretty clear it takes place in a very current time close to now without feeling dated. 

She was right about the guilty pleasure thing. WDYDT is the most agressive earworm song among the pops in ASIB.  Reminds me of typical Gaga formula.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

I think people are confusing "bad" with "shallow" and I feel a bit bad for perpetuating this when I first gave my reaction to the pre-screening. When I meant "bad", I meant "shallow" but the song isn't bad. A little annoying and seems a bit worse within the context of the movie due to the shallowness of it, but it's well conceived if not the most inventive song.

Blastertoyo

For all you giving WDYDT a hard time over the lyrics.. let’s not forget Gaga wrote

“fu-fu-fu-**** her face”

“I can see you staring there from across the block with a smile on your mouth and your hand on your cock”

and

”love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs”

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

LaLuna

Maybe not bad, but generic and without substance, yes, definitely. That was the whole damn point.

lolitamuse
9 hours ago, FullPsychotic said:

C'mon WDYDT lyrics about the jeans and the ass are embarassing ahah

I really like Heal me lyrics and can understand HBF even if it's not that deep...But seriously WDYDT?

Of course Jackson makes fun of her. In the parkin lot scene she creates deep lyrics about him in like 5 seconds, then again "Look what I found" lyrics in the cafe. And then she starts talking about the ass???

Ally's character had to be coherent, she defenfed her artistry, her nose etc just to become an ass lyricist?

I'm with Jackson, who else?

Gaga herself has written deep and soulful songs.... and also wrote "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs"

so like

those 2 sides of Ally are allowed to exist together 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

No it doesn’t. They’re just selling that Merch for the aesthetic of “old vintage Merch” that is pretty popular. Ally can be seen with an iPhone 8 during the film lol. It’s pretty clear it takes place in a very current time close to now without feeling dated. 

“Vintage” and 2009?? 

FullPsychotic
24 minutes ago, lolitamuse said:

Gaga herself has written deep and soulful songs.... and also wrote "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs"

so like

those 2 sides of Ally are allowed to exist together 

Yes ok. But to me Ally is Ally and Gaga is Gaga. I know Ally has Gaga voice but is not exactly her ahah

Gaga even published a video in her YT channel titled "finding Ally's voice".

Jokes apart, I explained my opinion better in other pages above.

Archived