Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
economy

USA #1 Most Competitive Economy This Year!

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/10/17/us-ranked-worlds-most-competitive-economy-world-economic-forum

The United States has topped the list of most competitive Nations to do business in for the first time in a decade

The list looks at tax rates, labor costs, productivity, education and overall ease of doing business

This is not surprising given recent big business tax cuts. Canada for example on the new budget is looking to change taxes to match competitiveness in fear the US is getting too competitive

Switzerland is the Nation that has topped this list the most frequently the last decade

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista
  • Like 1

Economy

@Luc @Woolfsmck even tho these tax cuts are not financially sustainable long term they are obviously having an impact for now

Here in Canada there's been a lot of pressure to lower our 15% Corporate Taxes to add competitiveness

Trudeau even already hinted he's changing taxes in this next budget to try to match the US

Although he also suggested he wasn't lowering the 15% rate but rather adding in eccelerated expense tax write-offs like the US also did

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

A Wig is Snatch

I just took the CPA boards last week and the results are about to be released this Monday wish me luck!!

OT: 15% regular corporate income tax rate is insanely low. From where I'm from, the RCIT is 30%.

Economy
7 minutes ago, maryloo said:

raise. the. wages. :vegas: 

Some companies like Walmart and Amazon that Normally pay minimum wage have raised their wages to attract labor

Amazon minimum will be $15/h for lowest paid positions

Walmart was $11/h so in some states in basically minimum wage, but in some states its $3 or $4 above minimum

I know they are still sucky wages I'm just saying usually these jobs never budge above minimum but lately they have so that's something

jesse_batista

Economy
10 minutes ago, A Wig is Snatch said:

I just took the CPA boards last week and the results are about to be released this Monday wish me luck!!

OT: 15% regular corporate income tax rate is insanely low. From where I'm from, the RCIT is 30%.

Our Provinces are responsible for a big portion of spending and taxes as well. 15% is just the federal. Nationally the average Corporate tax rate when you add provinces it's 27% vs 26% in the US

So our taxes are no longer below the US now after Trumps cuts

Of course were not running an insane deficit like they are to pay for them, our budget is almost balanced

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

A Wig is Snatch
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Our Provinces are responsible for a big portion of spending and taxes as well. 15% is just the federal. Nationally the average Corporate tax rate when you add provinces it's 27% vs 26% in the US

So our taxes are no longer below the US now after Trumps cuts

Of course were not running an insane deficit like they are to pay for them, our budget is almost balanced

Okurr i was just fishing for your good luck. I can't sleep while waiting for the results. In my country we take all CPA subjects in a span of two weeks at the same time. All 15,000 of us take it together.

Economy
13 minutes ago, A Wig is Snatch said:

Okurr i was just fishing for your good luck. I can't sleep while waiting for the results. In my country we take all CPA subjects in a span of two weeks at the same time. All 15,000 of us take it together.

Sorry good luck. I honestly just had no idea what u were talking about. I assume it's some kind of test?

If so I hope u do well on it :)

jesse_batista

A Wig is Snatch
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Sorry good luck. I honestly just had no idea what u were talking about. I assume it's some kind of test?

Thank you! CPA stands for certified public accountant :)

boards = licensure exam

hehe

• Like 1

A Wig is Snatch
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'm such a messy ***** lol

maryloo
4 hours ago, Economy said:

Some companies like Walmart and Amazon that Normally pay minimum wage have raised their wages to attract labor

Amazon minimum will be $15/h for lowest paid positions

Walmart was $11/h so in some states in basically minimum wage, but in some states its $3 or $4 above minimum

I know they are still sucky wages I'm just saying usually these jobs never budge above minimum but lately they have so that's something

It's a start, however many people are still underemployed. Meaning that many people still need multiple jobs in order to make ends meet, have a savings account, etc. Wages have not increased in decades. The only increases they see every year are enough for the cost of living increases. Cost of living keeps going up but wages aren't. Let's talk when we are seeing an upward trend, because right now it isn't happening. Fingers crossed. 

Economy
23 minutes ago, maryloo said:

It's a start, however many people are still underemployed. Meaning that many people still need multiple jobs in order to make ends meet, have a savings account, etc. Wages have not increased in decades. The only increases they see every year are enough for the cost of living increases. Cost of living keeps going up but wages aren't. Let's talk when we are seeing an upward trend, because right now it isn't happening. Fingers crossed. 

Well this said most competitive economy not best standard of living or best equality I know the US has a higher poverty rate than most of the developed world 

Anyway it's funny you mention under employed. The way we measure unemployment now doesn't count people with part time work as unemployed but decades ago if you worked as a part timers but we're actively seeking full time work and were enrolled in employment agencies etc you were counted as unemployed even if you had a minimum wage part time

So when we say US unemployment is the lowest since 1969 that's actually false because since the methodology of measuring unemployment has changed, the numbers is comparing apples to oranges

The US is very lax with how they measure unemployment now. For example it's said here in Canada our official unemployment number is always 1% higher at least from what it would be in the US because of our different methods of measuring unemployment. So that extremely low number of 3.8% the US has now is measleading (here in Canada it would be more like 4.8% if we were measuring it)

Also let's not even get into the fact that labor force participation is not the best of rates and has a lot of discouraged workers so true employment figures have a long way to go to reach what Trump calls "greatest economy ever"

Still tho it has made remarkable improvement since the great recession

I don't know how old you are but I was already a teenager following the news when the recession hit in 2008 and it was so bad everyone was worried a repeat of the 1930s great depression was among us and we would of had one of governments didn't fight so hard with stimulus

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

GaGaAst
5 hours ago, A Wig is Snatch said:

Best of luck. 

• Like 1

maryloo
19 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well this said most competitive economy not best standard of living or best equality I know the US has a higher poverty rate than most of the developed world 

Anyway it's funny you mention under employed. The way we measure unemployment now doesn't count people with part time work as unemployed but decades ago if you worked as a part timers but we're actively seeking full time work and were enrolled in employment agencies etc you were counted as unemployed even if you had a minimum wage part time

So when we say US unemployment is the lowest since 1969 that's actually false because since the methodology of measuring unemployment has changed, the numbers is comparing apples to oranges

The US is very lax with how they measure unemployment now. For example it's said here in Canada our official unemployment number is always 1% higher at least from what it would be in the US because of our different methods of measuring unemployment. So that extremely low number of 3.8% the US has now is measleading (here in Canada it would be more like 4.8% if we were measuring it)

Also let's not even get into the fact that labor force participation is not the best of rates and has a lot of discouraged workers so true employment figures have a long way to go to reach what Trump calls "greatest economy ever"

Still tho it has made remarkable improvement since the great recession

I don't know how old you are but I was already a teenager following the news when the recession hit in 2008 and it was so bad everyone was worried a repeat of the 1930s great depression was among us and we would of had one of governments didn't fight so hard with stimulus

The 2008 recession changed my life and career direction. I graduated in 2009 and there were no jobs for new graduates. Every one who was laid off in the recession was soaking up the entry level jobs. I ended up choosing the life of an entrepreneur because I saw how corporate America cares for nobody except themselves. 

• Sad 1

Woolfsmck
7 hours ago, Economy said:

@Luc @Woolfsmck even tho these tax cuts are not financially sustainable long term they are obviously having an impact for now

No tax rate is 'sustainable' without spending restrictions...

The right wing agenda is to grow the revenue back by expansion....and reduce medical and other gov. spending...

like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true