Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When Was A Star REALLY Born?

Molly Aphrodite

Featured Posts

Molly Aphrodite

Clickbait title tbh but I was rewatching Gaga's 2015 "Sound of Music" tribute at the Oscar's, and happened to spot Bradley Cooper giving her a standing ovation in the audience at 4:17 here - 

However, he's said in interviews that he "didn't know much about her" until he saw her perform La Vie En Rose live at Sean Parker's cancer benefit on April 15th the following year -

D22HTKZGHBDO5K5NRJLDZLOHXY.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-lady-gaga-katy-perry-john-legend-and-more-celebrate-with-napster-co-founder-sean-parker-20160415-story.html

Spoiler

No video of the actual La Vie En Rose performance unfortunately.

That being said - Bradley has said many times that the moment "a star was born" in his perception of Gaga starring in his film was the second performance mentioned, but do you think he remembered/was impacted by her Oscar's tribute as well, or maybe he didn't even have the movie planned yet? We know now Bey was in talks for the role first, but surely he saw how powerfully she commands an audience & performance the first night as well. 

Discuss :classy:

Sneaky Oliver

I think when he saw the Oscar performance, her singing was almost too classical/theatrical but then he enjoyed her jazzy singing better years later, I mean it fits the role as Ally much better 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Great catch Molly! He looks positively sickly BTW. Liar Liar Pants on Fire Mr. C.

Watch As I Dive In

In this day and age, it is incredible that no one caught on their phone such a monumental moment.

Watch As I Dive In

• 5 weeks later...

/ bumped.....still no one still has come forward with a snippet of LVer in Sean Parker’s yard.???? Do y’all think that Hollywood crowd were so overwhelmed by the performance, they were frozen in their seats? Hell, no! I can see phones filming. Cmon people  - bring it forward!

Watch As I Dive In

Bradley

Maybe he wasn't convinced yet that Gaga was the perfect choice for the female lead at the Oscars, a year later he saw her again and was convinced that she was it.

Archived