Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

WDYDT wasn't meant to be good

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Borislshere

Why is everyone overthinking this song? It’s just pop music. It was written to be a pop song. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

I cant believe you guys are saying its bad because its repetitive. We have PI, TEOG MTN and PF post-choruses. Plus the post-chorus vocals on WDYDT sound so good like an eargasm:legend: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MonsterOfSpain

No of course it wasn't mean to be just that, it was meant to be a timeless bop worthy of being top 5 on the album, Diane and Gaga why did you do that to my poor ears :diane: 

derpmonster
12 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Why is everyone overthinking this song? It’s just pop music. It was written to be a pop song. 

It's a song important to the movie. I guess yeah people are overthinking but this song needs more thinking than Heal Me for example.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

RadioIsOurs
17 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It's a song important to the movie. I guess yeah people are overthinking but this song needs more thinking than Heal Me for example.

If it serves to showcase Ally's ultimate transition into a pop diva then I think it's done it's job well.

Apart from the obvious literal meaning of it's lyrics, in the context of the movie it's actually very clever because some of the lines do stand out to represent Ally's state of mind. 

The lyrics 'this is not like me' as well 'but I'm the kind of girl that always needs to be free' especially, they insinuate to the viewer's about her character's dissatisfaction and lack of control under her new manager. The whole song itself is talking about a guy coming into her life and manipulating her. 

Neight Shayde

just because a song is catchy, doesn't mean it's NOT BAD.

I love the song, but come on.

The lyrics.

holy scheisse

Pretty sure Jack was upset bc she was singing about, what sounded to him to be, another man. Not bc she was becoming a star. 

NEWs to me that Pokerface, Just Dance, Telephone, Bad romance, Alejandro, and... all of Gagas songs are meant to be bad.

She was really ahead of her time.

If you want bad listen to Jewels and Drugs, Bad Kids and Donatella. Let's not put Gaga in this category of this wasnt her song and it was for ally, because the former songs I mentioned are alot worse then WDYDT

ZiggyZiggs
56 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Yes. It's meant to represent the boring lazy excessive repetition, like this song:

no carly slander on this thread tyvm

It was just meant to be a basic catchy pop song that was not on par lyrically with Ally’s pre-fame writing abilities. People argue that basic pop songs are “bad” because they aren’t deep. This gets talked about like every day here and this should be common sense. 

NIGHTCRAWLER

the song is so good to me though. the chorus drops so hard WHY DID YOU DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT TO MEEE?E??????????? ???? ????? 

Leblanc
2 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Hey Jude by The Beatles has 4 minutes of just na na na na na na nas, just saying... 

Did...

Did you really just compare WDYDT to the beatles? :awkney:

I always let the good ones go

RadioIsOurs
6 minutes ago, ThatBish said:

Did...

Did you really just compare WDYDT to the beatles? :awkney:

I'm just saying it's not the best argument to critique a song based on repetition... 

Archived