💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB Submitted As Drama For Golden Globes

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

YoungHuyzy

She was definitely THE frontrunner in the Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical category. But if she stayed there, it could hurt her chances of winning the Oscar since the Drama category is arguably the biggest female category at the Globes. Whereas now in the Drama category, it's pretty risky because she's gonna be compared to some really elite actresses. If she loses to Glenn, it only gives Glenn a bigger edge in the Oscars race. The trade-off is that Oscar voters will take Gaga more seriously.

Another plus for me is that without ASIB, Crazy Rich Asians might get more nominations and a chance to win! :woohoo:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudz Xinc

They are mad, but If she wins, it will be a surprise to all of us, even for her, I'm pretty sure.

She's competing with those who have been the the industry for a long time in a major category.

Look at those clowns

1 hour ago, Bradley said:

It's sad how people perceive comedies and musicals 'less' than dramas. Like it's a genre, not a quality indicator.

Just like Pop music !

33 minutes ago, Levine said:

Stop.

lol why? Am I the only person in a room with 100 people who believes in her?

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

GlamGorgeousGG

Reese Witherspoon won the Golden Globe in Best Musical/Comedy for Walk the Line and still won the Oscar, so I don't think it would've been a big deal for them to submit the film as Musical/Comedy. 

That J

I'd be concerned about Glenn Close. She is not only an amazing actress, she has a strong history in film and theater and hasnt received the full accolades deserving an actress of her caliber.

She will be the true competition.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

They want her to be taken seriously. It’s a gamble. I have faith she’ll win this category, even with Glen in the ranks. A Star Is Born is the kind of film that picks up Golden Globes, so she’ll probably win.

I just don’t want it to hurt her chance at the Oscars.

vertigostick

Well, it’s not about the accolades anyway, it‘s much more about the story moving people, that‘s the real reward.

:lolga:

A Real Panda

This is such a risk and I applaud WB and Gaga for submitting this for Drama because it is. The music is only there because they revolve around two artists. I hope it pays off at the end, and I cant even get why some of you say she will simply lose.

10 hours ago, Bio said:

I think this will end up hurting them tho.

I agree. It is so blatantly wrong.

Watch As I Dive In

androiduser

not winning over an established veteran like Glenn Close will do her more good than harm... Winning would just create an unnecessary uproar.. and might translate into the Hollywood elite punishing Gaga by not giving her an Oscar nom.

AND it's also about Bradley Cooper, let's not forget that he also needs to work on his chances for the Oscars. Winning in the drama category will increase his chances for the Oscars, because he's been nominated 4 times already (3 for acting, one as a producer), so he's already established and doesn't need to worry about hurting anyone's feelings.

Basically, the strategy works for both of them for different reasons.

androiduser
10 hours ago, Bio said:

I think this will end up hurting them tho.

it definitely won't hurt Cooper, he'll be the strongest contender in the Drama category, giving him an extra serious push for the Oscars where he will also be the strongest contender.

Gaga on the other hand probably wants to keep it low key, and quietly get the Oscar nomination without stepping anyone's toes and hurting any Hollywood egos.

Archived