Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB Submitted As Drama For Golden Globes

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

highlikegaga

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/golden-globes-bohemian-rhapsody-a-star-is-born-musicals-1202010897/

Fox submitted Ridley Scott’s space epic to the Globes in 2015 as Best Musical/Comedy, and it won. This year, two of the year’s most-vaunted musicals won’t compete in that category at all. “A Star Is Born” qualifies as a musical, as its many original songs are designed to advance the emotions of the characters in the story, but Warner Bros. is going for Drama.

Also:

Clearly, while Warners knows that Lady Gaga would have easily walked away with Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical, they still like her chances against comedienne-turned-dramatic actress Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”), veteran Glenn Close (“The Wife”), Mexican non-pro Yalitza Aparicio (“Roma”), and awards perennials Felicity Jones (“On the Basis of Sex”), Saoirse Ronan (“Mary Queen of Scots”), and Viola Davis (“Widows”).

:vegas:

Spoiler

I was sure it was happening, but some LMs needed to have it confirmed for them :vegas: Anyway, slay Gaga:firega:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

It's sad how people perceive comedies and musicals 'less' than dramas. Like it's a genre, not a quality indicator.

Congratulations Olivia Colman on her Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical Golden Globe! :applause:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Doncho

Well its a risk. She will probably still win Best song so she will add another Golden Globe to her collection anyway :golfclap:

highlikegaga

While I think it's very risky. This way they will show to the Academy that they mean business :vegas:

Pierre

It's a risk for Gaga since Cooper already has it in the bag. Whoever wins it, 50% of the chances at the Oscars are for her. Glenn Close remains as her big competition, she's old and it's her time to win apparentely, and her perfomance is being praised.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Archived