Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
press

Pitchfork: A Star is Born OST, 7.4/10

DONAJENDRO

Featured Posts

DONAJENDRO

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-a-star-is-born-soundtrack/

The switch-up is a nice trick as a listening experience, but it also unintentionally highlights the incidental flaw of A Star Is Born’s soundtrack: It just can’t pack the emotional punch of watching the songs performed within the film. The live recording of “Always Remember Us This Way” doesn’t capture Gaga’s impassioned physical delivery behind the piano, her face emblazoned on a JumboTron behind her as Cooper goes moony-eyed at her blown-up visage. And as powerful as “Shallow” is, nothing matches the look of genuine surprise on Gaga’s face as Ally, when she hits her higher register for the first time and effectively launches the song into the emotional cosmos and beyond.

Mad Onna

that's pretty generous coming from Pitchfork

the same press that gave Witness and Younger Now a 4.8/10 and 4.7/10, respectively. :messga:

angels forever, forever angels

FRANK1991

"Ally’s ascent as a solo artist range from forgettable (“Heal Me”)"--

FORGETTABLE!? hell no:nooo:

I do agree that some of the songs become way more powerful in the film than just listening on the album.

But isn't that also the point of an soundtrack??? So IDK what they are complaining about. It's like when you  hear Gaga sing live it's so much better than the studio version. :trollga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

River
28 minutes ago, ARTBOP said:

I read 4/10 and screamed. Shoud be 10.4/10, but I'll take it, Pitchfork.

Y2il.gif

I read it in Annalise voice and attitude :huntyga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Basically, it's better to listen to the OST after seeing the movie, like for the 99,9% of OSTs ever produced?

Thank you Pitchfork, now we know. 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Archived