Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The overhype is now hurting ASIB itself.

Galagala

Featured Posts

:smh: 

I plan on watching the movie and enjoying it for what it is and then moving on with my life as I do with everything else in life. 

The hype no hype overhype conversation is so tiring. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SMILE2NE1

How about you just try to enjoy something for once and not overanalyze everything 😅

TEETHTEETH
6 hours ago, Emigrante said:

Excuse me

you're excused and can leave my opinion alone :bye:

some are even saying the "bops" have a dullness to them to show how Ally's creative control was limited. Is her management the real artist, and these are songs that showcase the best of gaga's ability? No. And a lot of these are a completely different style of pop from her norm. almost R&B at times. Personally I think it's easy for that genre to sound dated.  Songs that even succeed in that genre I find to be snoozes. 

I'm a ride or die with gaga, and I'll be listening to her new music regardless. hope it grows on me :kara:

I can care less what others say. Just got back from the theatre and i was blown away. Thought that i would have a hard time seperating Gaga from Ally and was not. Gaga's acting in MY OPINION was great, so much improvement from AHS. 

The music is much more powerful after watching the film. 

There was not a dry eye in the room at the end of the film, i talked to a few people mostly elxer couples and they said it was just as good as the original and remake. They were blown away by gagas performance and singing. 

Couldn't be more proud of Gaga. 

Angel Down

Am I the only fan who was disappointed with the movie? Like at some moments it was unbearably boring. I just watched it and I feel there were many things that could have been better. The 2nd half was just... nothing..

I literally went to watch it with another 10 friends... Only 2 liked it very much :giveup:

Galagala
52 minutes ago, Angel Down said:

Am I the only fan who was disappointed with the movie? Like at some moments it was unbearably boring. I just watched it and I feel there were many things that could have been better. The 2nd half was just... nothing..

I literally went to watch it with another 10 friends... Only 2 liked it very much :giveup:

Be quiet or they will come to you for any "different" opinion even if that is the real feeling.:laughga: My words in this thread are actually neutral enough and I don't know why they needed to waste their time ignoring something really happening :sure:and laughing at my thread. I'm totally fine,tbh. 

gagaisitalian

I know my comment will get lost here, but I don't like to create threads of personal opinion. But honestly, I was unfortunately a little let down myself.

I bought my tickets a month in advance. Streamed Shallow like crazy the week before the release. Watched the trailer and clips over and over. Read all of the reviews. I was PUMPED for this film. But then I was a little disappointed.

The movie succeeds in so many ways; the acting, the music, Bradleys direction. But unfortunately for me I just couldn't stand the super modern takes this film had in it. SNL, Halsey presenting a Grammy, etc. were all so.....silly to me. For lack of a better word. Those moments felt like I was watching a movie literally about Lady Gaga's story which took me out of the film and disconnected me from the fictitious character Gaga was playing. As I mentioned to friends, I don't think casual Gaga fans or those who aren't fans at all will feel that way, but as a mega Lady Gaga fan, I couldn't help but sometimes feel like I was just watching a Lady Gaga mockumentary. It distracted me from the story Bradley was trying to tell.

With that being said, I enjoyed the film and am seeing it a second time tomorrow. I just....I wish they had left out some of the glitz of real-life, modern Hollywood. A very similar film, Country Strong, really succeeded in telling its story of fame and addiction and I think a part of the success was the fact that the film never really mentions real-life celebrity things. It creates its own world of "fame" that draws you in and ultimately makes you really feel the stars pain.

androiduser
17 hours ago, Sexxx said:

who are any of these characters :lmao: except Effie?

Moulin Rouge / Chicago / La La Land

Judas Society

I don't think overhyping is that much big of a deal. Unless the media is thinking it's overhyped across the board, we'll only need to start worrying about the award chances. Tbh, I'm probably gonna get crucified for this statement, but I personally found Black Panther overhyped. I get that they incorporated sociel issues in regards to discrimination to the forefront in a comicbook film, but I was not as impressed I thought I would be after reading those reviews and hyped up media articles. Before you say anything, I'm also a minority where I lived for 30 yrs, and a gay man in a muslim country, so discrimination is what I face everyday. So I'm sure many other have felt similar about Black Panther as i did but none of our opinions mattered lol. So just enjoy ASIB and see what happens. Don't stress yourself over something you can't control. 

Nonsense, but I appreciate your approach to calling concern about over hyping this as big fans of hers. The movie is a masterpiece. I just saw it. I can't stop thinking about it. It will win many people over and the content will speak for itself. 

raragaga

omg. so ridiculous.

xoxo

ZephyrInTheSky

I think any time something has been way hyped up for me personally, i end up being slightly disappointed. So better to go in without any expectations. :vegas: I'll be seeing it tomorrow but again no expectations.  I really like the music and i'm happy with that. Is that alright? is now my favorite Gaga song. :oops:

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

ActualPatient

ASIB is still 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes top critic tomatometer. This is a stellar achievement 48/49 fresh!??!

Archived