💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which Era Was The Hardest To Let Go Of?

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Negev said:

"THE FAME" era honestly. The biggest début for any pop star in the recent decades. Once she broke in with "Poker Face" she was all over the place. The Fame Ball Tour, the minor controversies and meltdowns every time she stepped out in a new look, the Kermit dress, the bondage head mask in Manila, the VMAs and bleeding onstage. Once in a lifetime album. The performances, the interviews, the enigma that Lady Gaga was. whew. 

Special mention for the "ARTPOP" era because in a way it was a return to form for her but it was so badly mismanaged. 

Those of you who say "Born This Way" clearly jumped in as she was starting to lose her way, lose her magic touch, etc.

Yeah idk it's hard to articulate, but you could feel her getting burnt out with BTW and her star was starting to fade. You could *feel it* even before Judas made a dent. Judas was just another knock in her star power fading, but not the exclusive reason it did. TF and TFM were truly something else. She was this tiny, frail-looking enigma/rock star. You could never believe looking at her that this was the person holding the world's attention and yet she just had that enigmatic quality about her.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HorusRa2
31 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yeah idk it's hard to articulate, but you could feel her getting burnt out with BTW and her star was starting to fade. You could *feel it* even before Judas made a dent. Judas was just another knock in her star power fading, but not the exclusive reason it did. TF and TFM were truly something else. She was this tiny, frail-looking enigma/rock star. You could never believe looking at her that this was the person holding the world's attention and yet she just had that enigmatic quality about her.

I could be wrong but the way the BTW era started may have had something to do with that. Then Judas. And then the whole single campaigns that followed. 

ARTPOP may have been the time period where her Career had its lowest point** externally but I believe it was already happening internally during BTW. And it became apparent in the subsequent performances and interviews, at least for me. 

derpmonster
16 hours ago, Bae said:

Born This Way. It's not that I haven't let go, but it just didn't end in the right way and it impacts me to this day. I may be incorrect but I don't think Gaga wants to be so immersed in her music anymore, if you were a fan during BTW you know what I mean. I guess i'm trying to say, she doesn't want to let it take up so much of her time she loses touch. BTW was an immersive masterpiece.

She is still very immersed in her music, especially ARTPOP, remember? You're right, she just doesn't want it to consume her and she doesn't want to do the "another club, another club, another club" lifestyle because it's unhealthy for her.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

The Fame Monster is my favourite album and era and I didn’t wanna let go of that! The Monster Ball was the best concert I’ve ever been to, the most exciting era ever imo.

Born this way comes pretty close too though although I was sooo ready for ARTPOP at the end of it. :woohoo:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Pop Music

ARTPOP. I mean this was the first era were I was like a full fledged stan. I bought it on release day and listened to it on repeat for months when no one knew what I was even talking about. I wrote ARTPOP on my wrists and shoes because the message stuck with me. I got bullied for it but gaga was the thing that kept me going. She still does that but ARTPOP was so special. I miss it so much :kara:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

theahsfan

Bitch I joined right at the beginning of the Joanne era, the day Perfect Illusion was announced, and sis really overstayed her welcome like she just wouldn't go until January 2018.. 

3 hours ago, derpmonster said:

She is still very immersed in her music, especially ARTPOP, remember? You're right, she just doesn't want it to consume her and she doesn't want to do the "another club, another club, another club" lifestyle because it's unhealthy for her.

I agree. Overall the BTW was very overwhelming for about a year (including the tour). ARTPOP came around and it died out after Venus/DWUW single swap.

Archived