opinion

Which Era Was The Hardest To Let Go Of?

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Cowboy

Mines a cliche answer but it'll always be Born This Way for me. Couldn't put it into words how that era influenced me forever.

I suppose for me it would Born This Way. It was the first time where she appeared to (inevitably) slip down due to overexposure, and I felt horrible for her when the BTWB was shut down early due to her labral tear after months of exhaustion, drugging herself through the pain... it caused her to completely scrap her first ARTPOP concept and it only lead down to the line to her realizing how much her management and label were using her as a fiscal commodity.ย 

But I'll always remember the hype for the album cover (and the subsequent meltdowns), the hype for the release of Born This Way, all the farmville releases, the first time I heard Edge of Glory, the fashion show with Government Hooker, the first time we heard the mugler mix of ScheiรŸe, the Gagavisions featuring HML and Bloody Mary, the EoG video meltdowns, The Frame... so much :giveup:ย 

ไฟบใฎๅ‹ๅˆฉใฏๆบใ‚‹ใŽใชใ„

Born This Way. I'm still not over it. Anyone who didn't experience it first-hand will never understand just how incredible it was. :heart:

ARTPOP for me.

That album deserved waay more but she was such a pro. The final moments of the ArtRave were so sappy for me.

tumblr_nfln56dBns1qdme9vo2_500.gif

The clock is still ticking Gags :heart:...

underneath the pine

Borislshere

Honestly, none. I'm always looking forward to new Gaga music so when one era ends, I build anticipation for the next. I don't really get stuck on eras. ย 

For me its Born this Way. Not only it was my first full era as a stan, but she was at her peak in everything. As a fan you really felt connected to Gaga and to other fans... it was a big monster family... Ill never forget that feeling. Of course we still are a big family... but it is different now.

Also ARTPOP was very special too. I wish the artRave came to Latin America... I was sad when it didnt happen ;(

Born To Slay

Honestly, Joanne. That was the last era of hers that took place when I was a kid and she was my childhood hero. The day the era ended was when I was basically had to except growing up.ย 

hausofcy

Born this way easily. That era was on another level. She got me in a place Iโ€™m sure iโ€™ll never be in for the rest of my life. I will never forget the feeling I got when I heard TEOG for the first time. The judas release, the gagavisions, Farmville, the tour. It felt like christmas every day.ย 

Also many other iconic quotes and moments like honouring your vomit, gaga hating the word deluxe, get out of hell free card, pizza in the shower, the frame, the meltdown after the cover was released and monsters thinking she was lying cause of a quote at the end of a gagavision. It was something else really

I feel kinda bad for stans that joined later cause theyโ€™ll never get to experience the era the same way we got to.ย 

๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต

Though Born This Way clearly was the hardest to let go because of her hip injury, I'd say the end of ARTPOP was hard because her career took a turn after that era. She spent years rebranding her image as a versatile artist rather than just a pop artist, and I think that was when most of us had to let go of this pop persona that we're so used to. No more regular routined choreographed pop performances or shocking red carpet events. Everything that happened post 2014 was to reassure and reestablish her career as a performance artist. Yeah I miss the popstar that we had but I'm even more mesmerized/enthused about the direction she's going with her career. Her name is going to soar even higher next week and we all get to witness it after so many years of the media trying to tarnish herย :giveup:

lady-gaga-twitpic.jpg

ย 

That was when she was the first ever to hit 20 Million followers on twitter.

Screen-shot-2012-03-04-at-11.38.57-AM.pn

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

6 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

honouring your vomit, gaga hating the word deluxe, get out of hell free card, pizza in the shower

oh my god I remember thoseย :lmao:

ไฟบใฎๅ‹ๅˆฉใฏๆบใ‚‹ใŽใชใ„

raragaga

born this wayย 

xoxo

Archived