A Star Is Born
tech

Apple's Upcoming Streaming Service Is Reportedly So Bland

Featured Posts

Rainbow1

vkm89wkq0mygftloabx1.jpg

Apple is still aiming to keep its content offerings squeaky clean, with little “gratuitous sex, profanity or violence.” The desire to keep everything family-friendly is reportedly delaying or interfering with many projects. and the Journal writes that Apple’s own staff in Los Angeles have begun referring to the streaming project as “expensive NBC.”

The Journal wrote that CEO Tim Cook personally shot down Apple’s first scripted drama Vital Signs, about the life of hip-hop magnate Dr. Dre, after he watched the already-filmed show and was alarmed to see scenes featuring cocaine use, an orgy, and “drawn guns”

Apple has bought “more than a dozen shows, favoring broadly appealing, family-friendly fare,” the paper wrote, which include a program about Emily Dickinson, a presumably wholesome “Friday Night Lights-style drama” on the life of NBA star Kevin Durant, an unspecified Oprah Winfrey program, and something with the creators of Sesame Street. 

That included watering down a show proposal from, um, M. Night Shyamalan, to remove crucifixes:

Before saying yes to that psychological thriller, Apple executives had a request: Please eliminate the crucifixes in the couple’s house, said people working on the project. They said executives made clear they didn’t want shows that venture into religious subjects or politics.

According to the Journal, Apple also outbid rivals for a drama about a morning news program starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. The show is now delayed after issues with an executive producer, but also because Apple “wanted a more upbeat show and took exception to some of the humor proposed, according to people working on the project.” Finally, Apple also found new showrunners for Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories after concluding it was too “dark,” the paper wrote.

https://gizmodo.com/apples-upcoming-streaming-service-is-reportedly-so-blan-1829249910?utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

• LMAO 1

ThisGuyTony

:ladyhaha:

Tho tbh we're getting too much streaming services and so much content is gonna be split between them.

• Like 1

TheodoreRx

I hate how all these companies are rushing to the streaming market. Soon we'll have to pay more for a few streaming services than we did for cable and Netflix initially. 

• Like 4

FATCAT

Every year the price will go up, and every year they'll take a show away.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Epione

What do we expect. It’s Tim Cook. They can keep their TV shows and maybe should focus on quality of the products they are releasing.

• Thanks 1

River

Even Disney streaming service is gonna be family friendly :shrug:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

FrankGutz

Meh, i stay with Netflix, the have my fave DC shows, Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, they also have Supernatural, AHS, the only Marvel **** i like: Daredevil, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones and random thrillers/horror movies so idc

MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA

Mustang

Why can’t they stick with tech only :cryga:

Never let you fall apart Together we’ll dance in the dark

kyanewest

Family friendly stuff is wack. We r grown ass adults, if 13 year olds cant handle it they can have their own streaming service on nickleodeon and disney!

don't ban me
  • Like 3

Rio
6 hours ago, Epione said:

What do we expect. It’s Tim Cook. They can keep their TV shows and maybe should focus on quality of the products they are releasing.

The products are already high-quality. 

Florian
3 hours ago, Mustang said:

Why can’t they stick with tech only :cryga:

Apple TV says hi.

Big companies like Google or Apple are not about selling 1 product anymore. They sell an environnement.

• Like 1

Teal Ambition

I never cared for Apple's streaming services since I'm happy with Spotify and Netflix. I only care for their products :oops:

▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌
  • Like 1