music news

Lana Del Rey - ‘Norman ****ing Rockwell’ and ‘Violent Bent Backwards...’

Petrichor

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am READY :tea:

I am so lucky lately, all of my favorites are delivering at this time, music and series, BLESSED. 

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

3 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

I mean, Rockwell was good but Leyendecker was better, just sayin :oops:

0f5be278bc3bfd1d873a4b6c4c42f69e.jpg

I'm just showing off my art history knowledge, don't mind me :selena:

Weren't Rockwell and Leyendecker lovers, or Rockwell was slept with Leyendecker's brother? I thought I read that somewhere. Fill me in, no pun intended.

CautiousLurker
12 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Weren't Rockwell and Leyendecker lovers, or Rockwell was slept with Leyendecker's brother? I thought I read that somewhere. Fill me in, no pun intended.

Never head of anything like that :wtfga:
The closest I can think of is Leyendecker's partner also shows up a lot in his art, and it's the guy below - he would eventually inherit and sell Leyendecker's art when he died

couple-in-boat-arrow.jpg

RIPheygirl
50 minutes ago, HausOfHarlow said:

Very excited. We are not worthy for her constant releases, almost all of which are incredible. I can't believe we're already entering a new album era - Lust For Life still feels so new.. With that being said, I am NOT a fan of using an expletive in an album title/cover. Could she not come up with something else? How are radios and media supposed to discuss and advertise this new album if they have to leave out/censor the middle word of the title? 

Agreed my mum would never let me buy this cos of the title 

Spoiler

Even if I’m 18 :selena:

28 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Never head of anything like that :wtfga:
The closest I can think of is Leyendecker's partner also shows up a lot in his art, and it's the guy below - he would eventually inherit and sell Leyendecker's art when he died

couple-in-boat-arrow.jpg

The only references I can find to it are from Out and The Advocate profiling a Rockwell biography:

So much has been written about Rockwell, including his own autobiography, that his life would seem to be a closed case. But he receives a fascinating rethinking in Deborah Solomon’s American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell (Farrar, Straus and Giroux), in which she makes a clear case for his homoerotic desires.

Although she can’t conclusively prove that Rockwell had sex with men, she makes a sound argument that he “demonstrated an intense need for emotional and physical closeness with men” and that his unhappy marriages were attempts at “passing” and “controlling his homoerotic desires.” Rockwell also had a close bond with the openly gay artist J.C. Leyendecker and his gay brother, Frank, also an artist, and counted himself as the “one true friend” the brothers had. As Solomon states, “it was both an artistic apprenticeship and an unclassifiable romantic crush.” Rockwell went on to have close relationships with his studio assistants (even sleeping in the same bed with one on an extended camping trip) and created his own version of idealized boyhood beauty.

Breathe Fame

THIS IS LYFE. Letting us in on the Lanaaaa. Give us that rich gurl anti-materialist realness. I said to my sister about Mariners Apartment Complex that is reminds me of old Lana but, at the time, I had completely spaced and not realized that I said that because of non-production Lana. Opening line is literally, "Feel fine, feel like, fresh out of ****s forever" <3 

- love you

I Love the title, she's finally making me interested again after she got predictable. That album title and 10-minute single, I'm ready or am I :giveup:

Tom Nook

Norman ****ing Rockwell :selena: this era better not give Hometown Buffet realness 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

6 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

IDK this era seems.. random? Like it’s just not planned out.. IDK.. It’s just my opinion 

Same like I’m not complaining cause new Lana music is always welcome but it’s only just been a year since LFL came out, feels a little rushed 

I'M HYPED

and a poetry book? i would die

DnZT2L5U8AAAZ-p.jpg

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

ItsTommyBitch

I believe it is "Violet" not Violent (like a girl's name) but I could be wrong :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived