• Stranger Things
    • The Crown
    • This is Us

Featured Posts

highlikegaga

Welcome to the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards discussion thread

The_70th_Annual_Primetime_Emmy_Awards_Po

Spoiler

Gaga is not nominated and she is not attending (that i know of), but still I loooove this award show. 

This year the biggest questions are:

1. The Handmaid's Tale or Game of Thrones

2. Will Elisabeth Moss win again?

3. Who's winning Comedy Actress, now that Julia Louis-Dreyfus is out of the race?

4. Will Donald Glover and his show Atlanta sweep all the awards?

Stay tuned, as the show starts in less than 2 hours!

My predictions:

Spoiler

Drama - GOT is clearly winning, tho Handmaid's Tale and Stranger Things are just as deserving. Maybe The Americans, but it's still a long shot.

Comedy - Either Atlanta or The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Rooting for GLOW and Barry as well.

Actor Drama - I don't care.:oops:

Actress Drama - Elisabeth Moss :firega: I love the rest as well, so any one of them is okay with me.

Actor Comedy - Donald Glover was outstanding. William H. Macy and Bill Hader deserve it, too.

Actress Comedy - Rachel Brosnahan. She was so funny in Mrs. Maisel. Allison Janney and issa Rae are awesome and should win.

Supporting Actor Comedy - Alec Baldwin is absolutely winning it, tho i'm sick of him already.

Supporting Actress Comedy - Kate McKinnon, sick of her, as well.

Supporting Actor Drama - Peter Dinklage is probably winning. Mandy Patinkin and David Harbour deserve it more.

Supporting Actress Drama - Ann Dowd I'm predicting. MILLIE BOBBY BROWN deserves it the most.

I'm prediction that American Crime Story will once again win most of the awards. With Darren Criss and Penelope Cruz (hopefully) winning their respective nominations. The series was exceptional and they all deserve it. Godless is the only competition in my eyes, but ACS is winning this sh*t

Actual Wins: 

Spoiler

Outstanding Drama - Game of Thrones

Lead Actor in Drama - Mattew Rhys

Lead Actress in Drama - Claire Foy

Supporting Actor in Drama - Peter Dinklage

Supporting Actress in Drama - Thandie Newton

Writing for Drama - The Americans

Directing for Drama - The Crown

Outstanding Comedy - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Lead Actor in Comedy - Bill Hader

Lead Actress in Comedy - Rachel Brosnahan 

Supporting Actor in Comedy - Henry Winkler

Supporting Actress in Comedy - Alex Borstein

Writing for Comedy - Mrs. Maisel

Directing for Comedy - Mrs. Maisel

Outstanding Limited Series or a Movie - American Crime Story

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie - Darren Criss

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie - Regina King 

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie - Jeff Daniels

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie - Merritt Wever

Writing for a Limited Series or Movie - Black Mirror: USS Callister

Directing for a Limited Series or Movie - American Crime Story

Will you be watching with me?

What are your predictions?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mulholland

The Americans deserves to win every category it's nominated in, and it'll probably end up with nothing, so I will spare myself the pain of watching the injustice.

highlikegaga
2 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

The Americans deserves to win every category it's nominated in, and it'll probably end up with nothing, so I will spare myself the pain of watching the injustice.

i will watch the show soon, but you are like the 595723857239857289357385273th person who's said that.

Like, I haven't seen it, but I feel like this show deserves it more than the overrated mess that has become of GoT

Mulholland
4 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

i will watch the show soon, but you are like the 595723857239857289357385273th person who's said that.

Like, I haven't seen it, but I feel like this show deserves it more than the overrated mess that has become of GoT

It is the rare instance of a show getting better every year for SIX YEARS STRAIGHT (although some people thought Season 5 was too slow) and, finally, sticking the landing in a satisfying but surprising way. That they went five seasons without any Emmy recognition minus a few nominations and some love for Margo Martindale is truly criminal, and I think it will probably end up the same this year. Both leads gave the best TV performances of the last 6 years. 

Vitleysingur

I am rooting for This Is Us.

The Super Bowl episode alone deserves to win.:diane:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

It is really sad that most of you are not aware of a beautiul masterpiece that is The Americans. It deserves award in every category and then some. 

Scathach

Prediction

Drama : The Handmaid's Tale

Comedy : The Marvelous Mrs Maisel 

Limited Series : ACS Versace

I want Sandra Oh to win best actress, she is an icon.

pink sushi

Majestic GODDESS Kate McKinnon is gonna be winning her THIRD Emmy tonight!!! :firega:

DnVDYKDVAAIlI1g.jpg

DnVDYKDVYAEGbbr.jpg

Just LOOK at how f*cking STUNNING she is!!!! MY EYES!!!! default_ChainsawPokemon.gif

highlikegaga
Just now, pink sushi said:

Majestic GODDESS Kate McKinnon is gonna be winning her THIRD Emmy tonight!!! :firega:

DnVDYKDVAAIlI1g.jpg

DnVDYKDVYAEGbbr.jpg

Just LOOK at how f*cking STUNNING she is!!!! MY EYES!!!! default_ChainsawPokemon.gif

Kate is gorgeous and super talanted! But I really want someone else to win, just for the sake of it. 

pink sushi
2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

Kate is gorgeous and super talanted! But I really want someone else to win, just for the sake of it. 

So you want Kate to get ROBBED?! :wtf:  Nobody is more deserving of the award than her! :grr: 

highlikegaga
2 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

So you want Kate to get ROBBED?! :wtf:  Nobody is more deserving of the award than her! :grr: 

I agree to disagree. Once again, I'm aware of her outstanding talent and her work this past few years has been very good, but Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein, Leslie Jones and Betty Gilpin deserve to be recognized as well. 

highlikegaga

DnVWIV-VsAAwMub.jpg:large

she's my ACTUAL sunshine!!!!!

and it looks like i will be talking to myself on this thread, until the mods close it for my spamming 

Archived