Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I think taking too much time in making an album is not good for gaga.

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, Indyl said:

I think people also overlook that since her peak (which I think most would agree is generally The Fame to Born This Way, with Marry the Night marking the end of that run on top) she's only released two solo albums, and one of them was essentially a country album that went completely against the grain of what was popular in music.

So, she essentially has released just one pop album in the last 8 years, which to me suggests Gaga just isn't interested in really being a popstar anymore... at least in the way she was in the TF-TFM-BTW eras. I think that's been the overarching story with this fandom and with Gaga herself since ARTPOP.

That album left a sour taste in her mouth, so it's no surprise that she's done virtually everything except pop: she made a jazz album, she made an acoustic/country album, she starred in AHS and now in ASIB. I don't know if the length of time in creating an album is so much what's happening as is that she'd rather do a variety of other things. I don't blame her. ARTPOP was a time of trauma for her; her public image completely collapsed, the album was lampooned by everyone but her core base, she was abandoned by management, and to boot, she was coming out of the physical pain she'd endured in breaking her hip. She cared deeply about ARTPOP and to have that happen to it is not something one can get over easily. It might be that she fears something like will happen again. 

It's not a surprise that having gone through that, she's weary of returning to pop and is maybe more apprehensive about releasing more music in her first genre.  

I suggest you  to replace ''pop'' with ''dance''... Joanne was a pop album with country/ folk/ americana influences. It was intended to be a pop album and it was labeled as such.

Adopting elements from different genres is far from being something new to Gaga since every album had this. We all know The Fame Monster had industrial and gothic elements, Born This Way had electro-rock and disco influences, ARTPOP had R&B, EDM.. but this doesn't mean these albums fall under these labels.

I start to think fans restrict the meaning of this term (''pop'') depending on what they like.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 11:45 AM, monketsharona said:

Yeah true but the music wasn't written for herself... I wouldn't expect her for exemple to perform those at Enigma shows... 

She better! Come thru Shallow on Jazz and Piano night 

monketsharona
3 hours ago, StJerome said:

She better! Come thru Shallow on Jazz and Piano night 

ASIB songs would fit a lot more on that piano show in my opinion

But again not sure que will, those songs are for Ally 

Only thing I hate about waiting to release an album is that sounds change FAST and if you take 2 or more years to make an album there is a good chance that sound of that album will be outdated. That kinda happened to ARTPOP... It was a good album, but a little bit outdated 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

TheodoreRx
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

ASIB songs would fit a lot more on that piano show in my opinion

But again not sure que will, those songs are for Ally 

Just like how I Will Always Love You was for Rachel Marron? These songs will be associated with Gaga. 

monketsharona
21 minutes ago, TheodoreRx said:

Just like how I Will Always Love You was for Rachel Marron? These songs will be associated with Gaga. 

It's still a very special case tbh... I Will Always Love You is a cover. It's not even her song (even if she managed to make it her own thing of course)

I really don't think ASIB soundtrack will have the impact of Bodyguard soundtrack had, not because it won't be as good, but because of the time. I think Bodyguard released today would have less impact tbh. Not sure sountracks of today will remember in 30 years like BG was when it was released.

misunderstood

Born This Way & ARTPOP took long to make and they're still great imo.

Joanne was her only album that took the least amount of time and that's my least favorite album lol

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

39 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Born This Way & ARTPOP took long to make and they're still great imo.

Joanne was her only album that took the least amount of time and that's my least favorite album lol

nevermind

Also worth noting– The Fame took 2+ years to make. Dozens if not hundreds of scrapped demos and revisions, and heavy heavy layered concept development, reference building, and research. 

Archived