đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I think taking too much time in making an album is not good for gaga.

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

I think gaga is amongst the few musicians in the industry that can make a masterpiece in a short limited time and this is the case with her most iconic 2 albums the fame monsters and born this way..  Please don't get me wrong I don't mean to say that her other albums like ARTPOP AND joanne are not good but honestly there're not in the same level as her past albums at least in my opinion..  My theory is that gaga like everybody knew she's a perfectionist and when she take years in making an album she will finally get bored of the sound of it and scrapped the project to work in new one and that happened with the original ARTPOP concept that she teased so much during the born this way ball (the decay of the blonde pop star) and the original lg5 that she said it's inspired by the art of the darkness ... 

For me and in my opinion gaga can really make wonders in a short time and that's really a good thing and not every artist have the talent to make something like the fame monsters in 3 months..  She needs to knew that's she 's not Adele or lorde to make an album in 5 years (I don't mean to compare and I'm a fan of their music)  but she's a better artist and musicians in my opinion..  

I hope she will prove me wrong with lg6 of course if she will not scrapped it .

What do u think guys? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Also the music sounds dated.

Her songs written in like 10 minutes are the best ones anyway.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

seashellartfunk

There was no “decay of the popstar” original concept and she confirmed that several times during the BTW Ball backstage experiences. Also, when she talked to Entertainment Weekly about her re-igniting inspiration from “the art of darkness”, she never initiated it’d be related to her then-forthcoming album creation, so once again, it’s only a story fans automatically connected and wanted to believe in.

Update: However, I agree the results are best when she doesn’t take too much time (see: The Fame Monster, Joanne).

*it took only about 6 months for her to write + produce the entirety of Joanne.

Mulholland

But she's never taken 5 years to make an album? The longest we've ever gone without a new album is 2.5 years, between BTW and ARTPOP.

Joanne isn't even two years old yet, and we're about to get an entire album's worth of new material before it turns two.

And 2 - 2.5 years between albums is fairly standard across the board.

She surely could write an album in three months, or release a new album every year, but she doesn't want to. She is really selective about what she releases (see all of her scrapped collaborations, her reluctance to collaborate with people who would guarantee her a smash hit), and it is what it is.

The other element is that album releases require promotion, which she seems less and less interested in doing, at least the way she used to. She is working on all kinds of other projects, and releasing a "proper" new album and promoting it takes time and resources away from those things.

The original ARTPOP "the decay".. it's once again another thing that the fans created..

Gaga is sharing IDEAS with the fans, it doesn't mean she'll make them happen.. and musician is evolving through the creation of an album.. if only you knew how many songs MJ, Queen, Bowie has scrapped lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

1 minute ago, Mulholland said:

But she's never taken 5 years to make an album? The longest we've ever gone without a new album is 2.5 years, between BTW and ARTPOP.

Joanne isn't even two years old yet, and we're about to get an entire album's worth of new material before it turns two.

And 2 - 2.5 years between albums is fairly standard across the board.

She surely could write an album in three months, or release a new album every year, but she doesn't want to. She is really selective about what she releases (see all of her scrapped collaborations, her reluctance to collaborate with people who would guarantee her a smash hit), and it is what it is.

The other element is that album releases require promotion, which she seems less and less interested in doing, at least the way she used to. She is working on all kinds of other projects, and releasing a "proper" new album and promoting it takes time and resources away from those things.

OMG is it confirmed?

Mulholland
Just now, Alii said:

OMG is it confirmed?

Yes, the A Star Is Born soundtrack, featuring original songs by Lady Gaga, is in fact confirmed.

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Not really agree on this as nowadays most albums doesn't require huge promo. Signing the right deals is far enough to be honest... Which is perfect for Lady Gaga to release a new album soon

monketsharona
Just now, Mulholland said:

Yes, the A Star Is Born soundtrack, featuring original songs by Lady Gaga, is in fact confirmed.

Yeah true but the music wasn't written for herself... I wouldn't expect her for exemple to perform those at Enigma shows... 

7 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

But ARTPOP took about the same time as BTW :oops:

No t really..  Gaga start working on born this way in the last months of the fame monster ball while she took almost 2 years and half in working on ARTPOP...  Read what lady gaga said in an interview about born this way .."It came so quickly. I've been working on it for months, and I feel very strongly thatit's finished right now. Some artists take years. I don't. I write music every day."

Mulholland
Just now, monketsharona said:

Not really agree on this as nowadays most albums doesn't require huge promo. Signing the right deals is far enough to be honest... Which is perfect for Lady Gaga to release a new album soon

They do though.

The promotional cycle looks different than it did a decade ago, but every major album requires promotion. Beyoncé films a video for every song on her album and tours the world in support of it. (She also does big award show performances, Coachella, etc.) Taylor Swift filmed, what, five videos for Reputation and staged a massive stadium tour. Promotion isn't just going on Ellen and performing on Good Morning America. It's all of this stuff that has to be planned and executed.

A label has to spend money to properly promote songs and albums digitally, whether it be Spotify playlisting, Apple Music playlisting, digital ads, etc. A lot of people have full time jobs getting all of that together, even if, to a fan, it feels like not that much is going on. 

Archived