Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB low trailer views: indicates box office?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Please don't take my numbers to shade me. 

The fact is you won't force people who don't like romantic drama movies / musical movies to see it even if it's Oscar worthy.

And who’s forcing who to go watch it? :ladyhaha:

Believe it or not, there are people out there that actually enjoy romantic musicals, La La Land commercial success being a recent example. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

How can you compare other trailers from movies that already are out to a movie that's coming up tbh?

Maybe ones that are just out or almost coming up? I'm not sure how much a movie's release would affect the trailer's views though.

Just now, RadioIsOurs said:

Maybe ones that are just out or almost coming up? I'm not sure how much a movie's release would affect the trailer's views though.

Some movies have a slow start, but grow when they are out. But then again, the views from ASIB are doing pretty great if you ask me. I think you can't really compare movies, let alone their trailers. High trailer views =/= high boxscore.

ArtGagaPop

I would look at actual box office predictions rather then just the trailer views :ohwell:

They are predicting over 100m domestic alone so lets say it does 200m+ WW, which are fine for the kind of movie it is. 

I mean, it is not exactly blockbuster movie. I hope fans do not expect for the film to do Infinity War or Titanic figures, that is not easy feat to do.

It will likely move steadily at slower pace. I am not sure yet if it will still around in cinema when the Oscars announce its nominee. It will help to gain some steam in case it is nominated.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ferretti
8 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Huh? There’s no way it’ll get titanic or frozen numbers. 

I meant more in it's ability to drop low percentages week by week. Numbers wise, Greatest Showman is nearest. But if this film gets the critical acclaim, recognition and movie-goer love that it seems it may get, honestly, anything is possible (except for Titanic, ha)

disco stick tester, inquire within

Why are you guys so obsessed with how many normies will appreciate our unique and singular kween? Ugh.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

The Loews 68th street - arguably the most popular movie theatre in the city and - the movie theater Gaga frequented weekly as a child and teenager...

Is literally covered with huge banners for a star is born.

Inside and Outside!!

Trust me -  New York City knows this film is coming!

Reality
1 hour ago, ferretti said:

Also, please don't expect ASIB to open at #1, that is VERY unlikely. However, going #1 in its second week is very possible and we should focus on that.

Yes! I'm so glad you said that. Like, are people really expecting ASIB to gross more than Venom?? It's very unlikely. 

🃏🖤👹

BlueyOysterCult
2 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

The Greatest Showman (now at 19M views) had 6.2M views 3 weeks before its release.

60f9cfea214bc43eb79769037bbcb06a.png

Hi, where did you get that graph from? I thought Youtube removed that function. thanks

Gypsy Life
2 hours ago, BlueyOysterCult said:

Hi, where did you get that graph from? I thought Youtube removed that function. thanks

dbase.tube is the website

Catnikko
8 hours ago, ferretti said:

I mean this movie will never compete, at least in a launch/hype way as something like a Marvel movie or Star Wars film. We're looking for Frozen/Greatest Showman/ideally Titanic route to success.

You know Titanic is like the 2nd most successful film in history, right? :air: 2nd to Avatar I think 

Actual patient

Tbh I don't think this film will be popular until a week or two after it comes out when the word is out that it's so good. I think the stigma around singers in films will not deter people but it will just mean they won't be particularly excited but once the word gets out it'll be more popular. Which is why I'm expecting Venom to win first week tbh :shrug:

Archived