💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB low trailer views: indicates box office?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Doesn't anyone think that 8 million + views on youtube is rather paltry compared to other blockbusters? I don't think the GP is as hyped about it as critics are. Perhaps at most decent $100 to $150 million at the international box office?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

no bc the trailer have been uploaded onto multiple channels and websites, there's billboards and tv spots, she's been covering magazines and the new teasers and trailers are being shown before all kinds of movies

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ferretti

I mean this movie will never compete, at least in a launch/hype way as something like a Marvel movie or Star Wars film. We're looking for Frozen/Greatest Showman/ideally Titanic route to success.

disco stick tester, inquire within

As compared to what "blockbusters" tho? Superhero, horror movies? :oprah: Because we all know why those movies rake in views.

ferretti

Also, please don't expect ASIB to open at #1, that is VERY unlikely. However, going #1 in its second week is very possible and we should focus on that.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Mulholland

The Get Out trailer (uploaded Oct 2016) on YT right now has like 13 million views. It made 176M domestically.

You have to consider a lot of different factors: views of the trailer on social media (where ASIB has like 50M+ or something), how many people are seeing the trailer in theaters/on TV (apparently ASIB trailer is performing well and people are remembering the trailer etc.), and then all of the other promotion.

Comparing the trailer views to, like, a Marvel Movie or Jurassic World or whatever is just not an apt comparison. Yeah, it's gonna make less than a superhero franchise movie. It's a Rated R romantic drama. Gotta keep those expectations in line.

Gypsy Life

The trailer has 30M views on Facebook from one upload.

It even has 130k+ shares on some random JerseyBoysMovie page:

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyBoysMovie/videos/466359063805304/

Not to mention all the other uploads all over the internet, and you're not counting people that are aware of the movie from TV ads or the trailer playing before movies at theaters or the posters in the streets. Those don't count for views.

monketsharona
9 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Doesn't anyone think that 8 million + views on youtube is rather paltry compared to other blockbusters? 

ASIB is not a Blockbuster

I think the numbers are great! Anyway, if everything goes well this movie will get more attention during/after the awards season. 

underneath the pine

doppelganger
5 minutes ago, ferretti said:

I mean this movie will never compete, at least in a launch/hype way as something like a Marvel movie or Star Wars film. We're looking for Frozen/Greatest Showmanï»ż/ideally Titanic route to success.

LOL I only wish ASIB could reach 10% of Titanic's success. 

ASIB is also R-rated. Despite that, I think it'll do well enough though due to the sheer hype that it is getting, at least $200m worldwide. Maybe Mad Max Fury Road level of box-office takings.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, fashion monster said:

Would anyone on this cult site be hyped for this movie if it wasn't for Gaga? :stalkga:

90% wouldn't go to see it if it wasn't Gaga like for sure...

I'll be very honest, I'm going to watch it because it's Gaga... That kind of movies is not my thing tbh... 

But I'm sure I'll enjoy it of course.

Well, the view are pretty good. They aimed more for social media. And on face book it has about 10 million, instagram 4 million, Twitter 5 million, and YouTube 8 million. 

RadioIsOurs
12 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

no bc the trailer have been uploaded onto multiple channels and websites, there's billboards and tv spots, she's been covering magazines and the new teasers and trailers are being shown before all kinds of movies

5 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

The trailer has 30M views on Facebook from one upload.

It even has 130k+ shares on some random JerseyBoysMovie page:

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyBoysMovie/videos/466359063805304/

Not to mention all the other uploads all over the internet, and you're not counting people that are aware of the movie from TV ads or the trailer playing before movies at theaters or the posters in the streets. Those don't count for views.

Who's to say that it's not the same for other movies if we are to base on comparisons? 

Archived