💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB low trailer views: indicates box office?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

I’m not concerned. The trailer was uploaded on all sorts of platforms which splits the views. I have also seen it on TV a whole bunch of times. Overall, I feel like this movie will snowball after its first week as people talk more about it. 

⚯͛

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Would anyone on this cult site be hyped for this movie if it wasn't for Gaga? :stalkga:

It’s getting Oscar hype, so yes. I will watch it even if it wasn’t for Gaga, as I plan to see all the movies that are getting good reviews so far.

RadioIsOurs
12 minutes ago, jinko said:

As compared to what "blockbusters" tho? Superhero, horror movies? :oprah: Because we all know why those movies rake in views.

The Greatest Showman seems to be a good comparison?

8 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

90% wouldn't go to see it if it wasn't Gaga like for sure...

Thank you for talking for 90% of the fan base, but you’re very wrong. The movie getting oscar buzz is enough motivation to go and see it, as most of my non-fan friends are planning to do.

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Thank you for talking for 90% of the fan base, but you’re very wrong. The movie getting oscar buzz is enough motivation to go and see it, as most of my non-fan friends are planning to do.

Please don't take my numbers to shade me. 

The fact is you won't force people who don't like romantic drama movies / musical movies to see it even if it's Oscar worthy.

3 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

What other movie trailers have similar views?

How can you compare other trailers from movies that already are out to a movie that's coming up tbh?

Gypsy Life
8 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Who's to say that it's not the same for other movies if we are to base on comparisons? 

4 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

The Greatest Showman (now at 19M views) had 6.2M views 3 weeks before its release.

60f9cfea214bc43eb79769037bbcb06a.png

2 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

The Greatest Showman's trailer views is at 19M right now... and it's been uploaded a year ago. So... uhm... :oprah:

TropicOfCANCER
21 minutes ago, ferretti said:

I mean this movie will never compete, at least in a launch/hype way as something like a Marvel movie or Star Wars film. We're looking for Frozen/Greatest Showman/ideally Titanic route to success.

Huh? There’s no way it’ll get titanic or frozen numbers. 

8 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

What other movie trailers have similar views?

Anyhow, 'Mamma Mia Here We: Go Again' has low trailer views on YT and did great. :vegas:
Same goes for Disney's Christhoper Robin.

TropicOfCANCER
19 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Would anyone on this cult site be hyped for this movie if it wasn't for Gaga? :stalkga:

Yeah why not? An Oscar bait musical is right up my ally ( :awesome:)

RadioIsOurs
4 minutes ago, BlueyOysterCult said:

Trailer views is not indicative of box office. 

Check this out:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/owyoutuberatios.html

The ratios are all over the place. There is no pattern.

Looking through here, perhaps I would have used Crazy Rich Asians as a loose comparison, since it also had a lot of buzz before it came out? It grossed $187 million worldwide, so maybe ASIB can do something similar, maybe slightly lower since it's R-rated and currently has lower YT views. 

Archived