💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Halsey officially announces “A Star Is Born” Cameo

Stef

Featured Posts

Bradley
4 hours ago, giskardsb said:

why do some of you feel the need to put down Halsey?  This is why stan culture is a problem.  There is literally no reason to shade her for this.

It's just how it's like being a singer, you need to have talent to be liked by the public.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinions of Halsey getting this cameo contains spoilers - so keep that in mind:

Spoiler

People are overreacting, but she is the perfect choice. Halsey is famous enough that it makes sense she would be a presenter and hand out an award - but not too famous where it would be jarring.

It would be weird having another major pop girl give Ally an award. Could you imagine Rihanna with that cameo? You'd be like "Wtf, that's Rihanna and Lady Gaga on stage together".. They are each others contemporaries, they are both huge stars in their own right but Lady Gaga gets the leading role in this movie while Rihanna plays herself in a 10 second cameo?  It would take you out of it, but it would also seem kinda disrespectful.

Halsey is the perfect balance of recognisable and inconspicuous. Casting her adds a sense of realism to the scene, having a random woman present would feel fake. Casting someone too famous and they might kinda overshadow the scene, make you aware that it's a movie and remind you that Ally is Lady Gaga accepting a fake award by someone around the same level of fame as her playing themselves.

Roboboy

Halsey dragged me on twitter once. Said I was a 'bitch'. Thanks Halsey. :)

2 hours ago, LG6IsComing said:

Halsey dragged me on twitter once. Said I was a 'bitch'. Thanks Halsey. :)

What did you tell her though? :triggered:

Is it really that necessary to announce she has a very small cameo?

"saw me worthy of representing a piece of the current state of music“ relax? lmao

Sandrology
3 minutes ago, Mad Onna said:

Wait if she's playing herself and "Halsey" exists in ASIB does Lady Gaga exist there too 

Just imagine Lady Gaga playing herself, and interacts with Ally - a concept :diane:

Frivolero

There were only rumours of her being in the film but she actually only recently confirmed it. Don't know if there is already a thread about it

If so don't butcher me:huntyga:

Enjoy:vegas:

• CyanLights locked this topic
Roboboy
On 9/6/2018 at 7:15 PM, katzam said:

What did you tell her though? :triggered:

I said 'she's lip syncing lol' cause it looked like she was :saladga:

Archived