Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The contradiction of 'Born This Way'

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

nobody said religions make any sense or arn't hypocritical and contradictory.

however the fact that people inherently recognize that the Bible is problematic in many ways is a good thing.... it means they are at least thinking for themselves a bit and understand that modern social norms are an evolution and upgrade from alot of the stuff that is in the Bible.   DIfferent christian creeds will justify their deviations from the Bible in different ways.  The Bible itself is not internally consistent and clearly written from many different viewpoints, it is easy to bend the text to justify almost anything.   Hardcore idiots like Westboro baptist use that for bad, modern christian creeds that cut some slack to homosexuals are using it for good.

okay but do you understand what I'm saying? Obviously the Bible isn't relevant anymore on many things but if we have to admit that it has to evolve, we lowkey choose to disobey God (if we're a huge believer). I mean, I think the Bible was literally made to keep a certain social order since we hadn't laws. No we have laws to organize our society, and laws that evolve. So it is crazy in my mind that some people still want to apply a law (the Bible as a whole) that is thousands years old. I know it does not concern every believer but try to meditate on this: if you admit that the Bible has to evolve, then you lowkey admit that this isn't God's words. Or why doesn't he make his disciples write a new one?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIGHTCRAWLER
10 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

The Bible in itself has contradictions and Gaga has chosen to interpret to what she strongly believes she’s not a hardcore conservative Christian who takes everything in the Bible literal as some would do against LGBT+ folk

69dc809254108fc3224b060a8848180d.png

thank you for this answer! this is the kind of answers I hoped to have!

NIGHTCRAWLER
6 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Also, I would not classify Gaga as a dogmatic catholic based on everything she's said and evidently believes.  She believes in God but it's bascially her own interpretation not tied to a specific religious dogma yet influenced by Catholicism.   I'd put her in the Spiritual camp but not tied dogmatically to a religion.  

There is no contradition in BTW, because Gaga's spiritual base is not a bible rooted base.

thank you for this! that's exactly what I was wondering 

16 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

no it doesnt.

lol omg this is the most dumbest interpetition I ever seen, it's like goes against all the Biblical research, I must show it to my professors :laughga:

OP: Don't think about it too much, Gaga wrote BTW in 10 minutes in the toilet, I think she meant that the way you were born is not a mistake, you were born perfect because you are perfect..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, Harry X said:

It's just a song. Celebrities (not only) in US believe in God without following any good rule about it. That's because they barely know anything about. I guess anyone (if) believe on his own God.

I want to say that the bible it's a product of society with imaginary terms to manipulate the citizen. We can't recollect anything from the past to believe.

I agree sometimes I feel like it's a trend to believe in God but everybody has different opinions of what God is so it just ends up having millions different Gods ... hard to believe that one of them is real 

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, River said:

lol omg this is the most dumbest interpetition I ever seen, it's like goes against all the Biblical research, I must show it to my professors :laughga:

OP: Don't think about it too much, Gaga wrote BTW in 10 minutes in the toilet, I think she meant that the way you were born is not a mistake, you were born perfect because you are perfect..

Thank you really much ! :kara:

giskardsb
3 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

okay but do you understand what I'm saying? Obviously the Bible isn't relevant anymore on many things but if we have to admit that it has to evolve, we lowkey choose to disobey God (if we're a huge believer). I mean, I think the Bible was literally made to keep a certain social order since we hadn't laws. No we have laws to organize our society, and laws that evolve. So it is crazy in my mind that some people still want to apply a law (the Bible as a whole) that is thousands years old. I know it does not concern every believer but try to meditate on this: if you admit that the Bible has to evolve, then you lowkey admit that this isn't God's words. Or why doesn't he make his disciples write a new one?

From a dogmatic standpoint you are correct, they should either take all or none.  However that would be problematic because the bible isn't internally consistent and "true believers" jump through some amazing hoops just to try to pretend that it is.    Most people seem to prefer to treat it like a book of philosophy rather than a rule book, where they take comfort from parts they agree with and ignore parts that are obviously problematic.   They would not say they are "disobeying God" because they are recognizing that much of the bible is humans interpreting God for a particular culture.  And truthfully most people who call themselves christians haven't even read the entire thing anyway.   

moonboywow

This is why I prefer listening to the love yourself albums that BTS did. I feel like it's less about a musical phase (obviously not in speeches though. Gaga still does want us to realize we're born this way)  but musically...wow the LY albums are more...literal. and I really like that. I love born this way too though. I just dont believe in God and sometimes it is annoying having to hear "God makes no mistakes"

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

From a dogmatic standpoint you are correct, they should either take all or none.  However that would be problematic because the bible isn't internally consistent and "true believers" jump through some amazing hoops just to try to pretend that it is.    Most people seem to prefer to treat it like a book of philosophy rather than a rule book, where they take comfort from parts they agree with and ignore parts that are obviously problematic.   They would not say they are "disobeying God" because they are recognizing that much of the bible is humans interpreting God for a particular culture.  And truthfully most people who call themselves christians haven't even read the entire thing anyway.   

okay this is what I needed. Thank you for educating me !

FRANK1991

and if you have great sex, you'll believe God is a Woman, too!  according to Ariana Grande's masterpiece :sure:

tbh I get the positive message of BTW I just don't really like the song.

I prefer the more symbolic Hair, a message of freedom :firega: and a great song tho some parts of the production is a bit eh :ladyhaha:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

A Hybrid

Here’s what I believe

1. Jesus and Mohammed were good people with good intentions, they made people stop worshipping things they created themselves and live a life of helping each other. Under their leadership and “religion”, the community got better and more accepting.

2. The holy books and prophets are meant to be seen seperate. We know historically that the prophets existed, but we don’t have proof they contacted god.

3. Holy books were written and changed by many people over time. You don’t have to believe in everything they say.

4. You’re a muslim or christian if you believe in one god, and that god is “right”, so he’s not some big fella talking with prophets, he’s an idea.

So I believe in a god, but he’s not really what everyone understands when someone says god. Obviously that’s not what Gaga meant when she said “God makes no mistakes”

But that gives me confidence that even if I’m wrong about the whole god thing and he’s an entitity with the ability to think and make decisions, I’m not wrong, because I’m created by a perfect being.

I forgot the question along the way...

No family’s safe when I sashay

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, mcddaengbang said:

This is why I prefer listening to the love yourself albums that BTS did. I feel like it's less about a musical phase (obviously not in speeches though. Gaga still does want us to realize we're born this way)  but musically...wow the LY albums are more...literal. and I really like that. I love born this way too though. I just dont believe in God and sometimes it is annoying having to hear "God makes no mistakes"

aren't BTS singing in Korean? ohhh you probably Korean as well aren't you? I would be interested to hear some self-acceptance speeches from another artist though 

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, FRANK1991 said:

and if you have great sex, you'll believe God is a Woman, too!  according to Ariana Grande's masterpiece :sure:

tbh I get the positive message of BTW I just don't really like the song.

I prefer the more symbolic Hair, a message of freedom :firega: and a great song tho some parts of the production is a bit eh :ladyhaha:

LMAO at the Ariana thing :cryga: 

And just like you I love Born This Way for his message of acceptance as a whole and I probably shouldn't take every word that seriously 

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Here’s what I believe

1. Jesus and Mohammed were good people with good intentions, they made people stop worshipping things they created themselves and live a life of helping each other. Under their leadership and “religion”, the community got better and more accepting.

2. The holy books and prophets are meant to be seen seperate. We know historically that the prophets existed, but we don’t have proof they contacted god.

3. Holy books were written and changed by many people over time. You don’t have to believe in everything they say.

4. You’re a muslim or christian if you believe in one god, and that god is “right”, so he’s not some big fella talking with prophets, he’s an idea.

So I believe in a god, but he’s not really what everyone understands when someone says god. Obviously that’s not what Gaga meant when she said “God makes no mistakes”

But that gives me confidence that even if I’m wrong about the whole god thing and he’s an entitity with the ability to think and make decisions, I’m not wrong, because I’m created by a perfect being.

I forgot the question along the way...

thank you for sharing this and yeah you got a different vision of God than what I was referring to. So many people would disagree your point 4, and especially muslims. I feel like muslims are even more into every word that is said by the Koran and they even less want to evolve than the christians (sorry for the generalization)

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived