💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The contradiction of 'Born This Way'

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER

I'm sorry if y'all have already talked about it but this hit me this morning.

When she says "I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistake", it doesn't convince me at all tbh, probably because I don't believe in God. But what is surprising is that she seems to say that God made us the way we are so he made us gay, bi, trans etc... But this is not at all what says the Bible and every believer will hardly disagree. the Bible say that it's a sin for a man to have sex with another so saying that if we're gay that's just how God made us......huge contradiction. And I'm kinda wondering how much of a believer Gaga is because if you truly believe in God, you respect everything he said (so everything that is in the Bible) so Gaga would be completely sinning with this song (well I guess I could name multiple other sins lol no shade). The second you consider that the Bible isn't relevant or fair, you admit that you don't agree with what God says, and we could even push it further. Since God is supposed to be perfect, if you admit that the Bible isn't, you admit that God doesn't exist, or at least that the Bible isn't God's words.

How do you interpret that? How can you explain this contradiction? 

Discuss

Edit: guess this is not the right forum to have deep and clever discussions, sorry for those who wanted a debate on whether it's "Gaga" or "GaGa"

Edit 2: thanks to some monsters who decided to discuss it instead of lmao it I noticed that my mistake was to interpret Born This Way as a self-acceptance song while it's also a song about accepting the others. Therefore, Gaga used God to prove the believers that they shouldn't be homophobic, saying smt like: okay the Bible tells you it's a sin to be homosexual, but God wouldn't make a mistake so that proves that being homosexual is just fine (so they're trapped in their own argument). Gaga has another vision of religion and what God is so BTW has no contradiction. I recommend you to read the second part of the thread, bc very interesting things have been said.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think it's that deep. Gaga wanted to make a feel-good song and that's how it turned out :) BTW (the song) is actually no lyrical masterpiece tbh.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

GagaIsDope

The bible was written by lots of different people over several centuries. If you believe in God, you do not need to agree with everything in the bible. It is not the direct word of God.

TheAlpha

I don’t believe in a “God” neither. So I don’t care about those lyrics. But my understanding is that nowhere in the Bible, there’s mention of a man not being able to sleep with a man? I’m not sure.

However, hasn’t the Bible been written from different viewpoints and most people (in general) interpret the Bible differently? If I believed in a “God” I certainly wouldn’t trust any “holy” book. But that’s just me.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

RepentingSinner
2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

he Bible say that it's a sin for a man to have sex with another

no it doesnt.

Anderson123

I don’t think I have the energy to get into these type of threads, especially not on mondays at 9 am. 

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, TheAlpha said:

I don’t believe in a “God” neither. So I don’t care about those lyrics. But my understanding is that nowhere in the Bible, there’s mention of a man not being able to sleep with a man?

check it once again sis

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, LittleLocoCoco said:

no it doesnt.

so every believer down here who claims that homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible is wrong????

GagaIsDope
Just now, TheAlpha said:

I don’t believe in a “God” neither. So I don’t care about those lyrics. But my understanding is that nowhere in the Bible, there’s mention of a man not being able to sleep with a man?

There is in Leviticus but for most christians the New Testament is much more important. As far as I know, it is not mentioned in the New Testament.

RepentingSinner
1 minute ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

so every believer down here who claims that homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible is wrong????

Yes.

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, GagaIsDope said:

The bible was written by lots of different people over several centuries. If you believe in God, you do not need to agree with everything in the bible. It is not the direct word of God.

2 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

I don’t believe in a “God” neither. So I don’t care about those lyrics. But my understanding is that nowhere in the Bible, there’s mention of a man not being able to sleep with a man? I’m not sure. However, hasn’t the Bible being written by different people? I believed in a “God” I wouldn’t trust the word of any human being.

well I know a lot believers who take every word from the Bible very very seriously that's why I said that. Let me find a video

giskardsb

your faulty assumption is that someone who believes in God also believes that the bible is infallible.   That is only the case for a minority of hard core christian religions.   Most others allow some interpretation based on cultural aspects for when the bible was written, or just ignore parts of it they don't agree with.

Mirrion Rizzons

'god' didn't write the bible, some random as 'disciples' did.

Then the romans changed it and made up some bs

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived