Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theorist
28 minutes ago, Gabe said:

LOL I'll be doing a double film day, start with venom and end with ASIB

why start with venom tho :poot:

I've thought more about this and I'm just worried this review will backfire, honestly. It comes across as so ridiculously positive that it's setting up the movie for failure, i.e. if it's not unbelievably spectacular then it'll be disappointment to the fanbase and film circles. The claims are just... so much to live up to. Gaga on the same calibre as one of the best female performances of all time? Bradley compared to the greatest directors of all time? I hope this is not too debbie-downery but we've seen how early rave reviews eventually led to generally favorable reviews in the past with 5F2.

It's weird that this is posted so early. IIRC Warner Bros placed an embargo on all reviews until the 31st, when it premiers at Venice. It seems that the reviewer is breaking an NDA, either on purpose or as accidentally as a post queue error perhaps?

Anyway, we'll see whether other critics think the same soon enough.

I just wish this guy posted this review after Venice. :cryga:

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

Fame IV
14 minutes ago, gag said:

I've thought more about this and I'm just worried this review will backfire, honestly. It comes across as so ridiculously positive that it's setting up the movie for failure, i.e. if it's not unbelievably spectacular then it'll be disappointment to the fanbase and film circles. The claims are just... so much to live up to. Gaga on the same calibre as one of the best female performances of all time? Bradley compared to the greatest directors of all time? I hope this is not too debbie-downery but we've seen how early rave reviews eventually led to generally favorable reviews in the past with 5F2.

It's weird that this is posted so early. IIRC Warner Bros placed an embargo on all reviews until the 31st, when it premiers at Venice. It seems that the reviewer is breaking an NDA, either on purpose or as accidentally as a post queue error perhaps?

Anyway, we'll see whether other critics think the same soon enough.

I just wish this guy posted this review after Venice. :cryga:

Don't worry. I think the movie will have a great response from the critics

A Star is Born ⭐

2 minutes ago, Lord Ryry said:

page not found, uploaded too early? 

It's not working for me either

The Warner Bros cease and desist came THRU :rip:

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

littlepotter
33 minutes ago, gag said:

I've thought more about this and I'm just worried this review will backfire, honestly. It comes across as so ridiculously positive that it's setting up the movie for failure, i.e. if it's not unbelievably spectacular then it'll be disappointment to the fanbase and film circles. The claims are just... so much to live up to. 

but the thing is only WE are the ones with these expectations. not the gp. they do not have acting expectations of lady gaga. i dont see how you think this one review is going to be read by every moviegoer and build up their expectations

chaeri pls

Jacob Marley

His comment on an emotionally-shattering finale...I’ve never seen the earlier versions...but I’m starting to think it all ends really badly (but the plot is flipped). I’m trying to be vague so I don’t spoil anything. 

SwissMonster
42 minutes ago, theorist said:

why start with venom tho :poot:

You save the best things for them end :vegas:

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

PunkTheFunk
54 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Okay guys, I did a bit research on his reviews that were counted to Rotten Tomatoes. It seems that he has a very UNIQUE taste for films.:air:

41 out of his 107 reviews were the opposed to the final T-Meter (Certificated Fresh / Fresh / Rotten). By saying opposed, I mean his rating being Fresh while T-Meter being rotten or the reverse. It seems that he likes exaggerating things.:toofunny:

For example:

tumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo1_1280.png

tumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo3_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo2_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo4_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo5_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo7_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo6_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo8_1280.png

Take with a grain of salt sis. But I hope he is accurate about ASIB lol.

Nnnnn yikes :messga: Someone put this in the OP so we don't get our hopes up too much

theorist
55 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Okay guys, I did a bit research on his reviews that were counted to Rotten Tomatoes. It seems that he has a very UNIQUE taste for films.:air:

41 out of his 107 reviews were the opposed to the final T-Meter (Certificated Fresh / Fresh / Rotten). By saying opposed, I mean his rating being Fresh while T-Meter being rotten or the reverse. It seems that he likes exaggerating things.:toofunny:

For example:

tumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo1_1280.png

tumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo3_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo2_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo4_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo5_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo7_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo6_1280.pngtumblr_pe4lijVPfy1rn64aqo8_1280.png

Take with a grain of salt sis. But I hope he is accurate about ASIB lol.

"Norbit is a return to form for Murphy"

:poot:

Archived