The Photoshop Game: Season 1

Star

Featured Posts

ROUND 2: RESULTS

@Star

Spoiler

[spoiler]

Mustang
Very Musk-y. I like the style but somehow the header drags the quality down to me, it seems that it is done by using prtscr set. BUt nonetheless, I would have chosen different font, but it is good. I think it would be more better if there is a explanation behind it like "new single", "new album" or something but then again, it is cool. 7/10

@xokuba
Blending is great, not fan of Drop Shadow, maybe reduce the opacity. But I do love how you make the header match to the icon, that was a good move. I love the funniest thing going on in Trends section. It is very professional. Well done. 8.5/10

@highlikegaga
I like the concept of the checking on smartphone but it could have been better with the phone angle because when it is bit skewed, the result will be very messed in term of scaling and quality so that will bring you down the point. But I do love the concept of it being a mobile version, a refreshing move. However I am disappointed with the fact that there is not much to look at. The header being blank is just infruitating to me. 3/10

@xoxo Human
I loveeee the aethistic of this so much. It suits perfectly with pastel colors, well done, honestly. Just like Mustang, I love your Trends section. Hilarous AF. The disappointing about this is the font. That is a...choice. Could have gone with the official one. And I would have gone for more HQ pic in Profile Picture and color picture instead of B/W in that first picture in tweet. 8/10

@Florian
I could tell that it is very very rushed but somehow you made it work, or maybe my delulu ass loving fadfad? the image is very LQ so I can't judge much but from the overall perspective, it works. 8/10

@Kween
Something is missing and I couldn't point it out, honestly. But the inclusion of the "new single" is nice addition but the fact that the album artwork does not work well with the background of the header. Could have used darker color or the back background. Nice move to add only your twiiter handler in that "Who To Follow". 6/10

@Oriane
Simple but good. Love the color, love the fact that you brought the last challenge in to this with a bit of twist. My issue? Font size, probably. I feel like there are lot of spacing with the overall look, maybe it is just me. 6.5/10

@Vojta
Just a reminder to upload the picture on imgbb or anything other than imgur and don't worry, it wont cost you a score. Now back to your conept, it is very nice and i like the vibes in here. It is very mysterious and terrifying at the same

7/10

@Leonardo Melin Sabatini
Nice but you will lose some points for not including one or two posts in tweets/posts since it is mentioned as a challenge. The twitter header it bit messed up at the bottom line, i believe. But other than that, I like it. 6/10

@Alecyon
Damn when will you let them breathe, sis? Love the aesthic. I just..I don't have word. 9.5/10

@Queen of Venus
Interesting concept but got lost in translation especially with the LQ images, those chrome IU, the amount of low followers, etc. I feel like I want to see more yet I don't see it. 5/10

@Lucas
That paper ripped style was used to be my fave, ugh, your mind. I love everything. One complain...colorless images. I feel like it would have been better with the color or styled like that album. But it is still good. 8/10

@Sunny

Spoiler

Mustang:

I like how you continued the theme from your first entry, very consistent. I don't know much about Elon Musk, so I can't really comment on the tweets, but that doesn't matter. The avatar is nicely done. The header is genius, I love the idea behind it. The Mars red color compliments the yellow. The red doesn't fit, but that's the point. The font choice could've been better. The header looks like it suffered from some quality loss. 7.5/10

xokuba:

I love the design overall, reminds me of the Vroom Vroom era. The header continuing into the avatar is amazing, I love that. The font matches and it fits very well. I wish the blending was crispier, though that could be because of the drop shadow. The twitter description and the tweets were nicely written. Very consitent with the theme from the first entry. 9/10

xoxo Human:

Very consistent with the theme, I like that. I love the pastel, innocent colors mixed with the skulls. I like the effects you used on the photos, kind of like a bloom. Consistent again. The twitter font isn't Helvetica but Helvetica Neue, so it kinda looks out of place. I don't really like the AHS font with the serif font, but it fits the theme. The trending topics are hilarious! 8/10

Florian: 

Even though this is rushed, it doesn't feel like it. It is simple, but it still works. The banner is amazing, I love the textures you used and the font especially. The text clipping is nice also. 8/10

Kween:

Thanks for your explanation on making the layouts! I like the design, it is very simple and sleek. The avatar is simple. I love the banner's background. The font looks interesting, and it fits with the background. But it doesn't really fit with the album cover which is more classic and simple rather than modern and sleek. The MV still isn't that great of a quality, looks like it was resized. The colors of the background match the colors of the avatar, I like that. I love that you put yourself in the reccomeded section 6.5/10

Oriane:

I love the theme and colors! The avatar looks amazing, I just wish it had better cutting. I like the recoloring of the header, love the colors. It could use some sharpening. The font choice and placement aren't that pretty, wish you used a complementary color. The tweets are amazing and the pictures, I love those! You really made it seem we are in the time of old Hollywood glam. Love that you are sticking to your theme 7/10

Vojta:

I absolutely love the design that you chose. The colors, the distortion, the creepy images cropped images. I love the avatar. I love the mystery behind it, makes me wonder what 0093 means. 9/10

Leonardo Melim Sabatini:

I like the color scheme you chose. I like the noise the pictures have. The colors scheme is good. The avatar fits with the X theme. The header is amazing! I love what you did with it, the Allie X circle. The background also fits very well. I wish you chose a different font or did something with it, like giving it a texture. I also would've loved to see her tweets and bio. 7.5/10

Alecyon:

Love that you stuck with your theme, and that you made different designs for Twitter and Facebook. The color scheme for both is amazing. I like the twitter header font. I kinda feel that the image quality isn't the best, the Madonna image that is. I love the Facebok design as well, no complaints. Posts on both sites are nicely written, I like it how you posted upcoming shows. 9.5/10

Queen of Venus:

I love the colors and the overall theme. It is very mysterious, and in a way, god-like, especially with the symbol. It is very simple, but it works. I love the eyes added to the avatar. The banner is nice, like the background. The tweets are nice, but I wish we could see Tove somewhere, although it isn't necessary if you want the mystery. 7.5/10

Lucas:

I like this! Love the B&W avatar, very simple, and the Marina image in the banner - with a splash of colors. I like that you actually added a stroke to her, it would've felt out of place without it. The background could've extened to the end, but I actually like that is just a splash on the left. The tweets font size could've been bigger. Love that you added us in the reccomend section, genius! The tweets are nice and so is the bio. 8/10

@PopReaper

Spoiler

Mustang:

Concept: 4/5

Execution: 4/5

Total: 8/10

Comments: The solid background on the avi feels coherent with the image you had started building for Elon on the last round, and the header is pretty fun and creative!

Xokuba:

Concept: 4,5/5

Execution: 5/5

Total: 9,5/10

Comments: The header looks great, and I loved the idea of connecting it with the avatar. This time it feels like you have a much clearer idea of your character’s aesthetic.

Highlikegaga:

Concept: 2,5/5

Execution: 2,5/5

Total: 5/10

Comments: Editing it into the mobile screen was a creative Idea, but unfortunately it sacrifices the visibility of your work. We can’t really see very well what’s actually going on, and what we can actually see is a bit too simple (Solid black header + what seems like a non-edited picture on the avatar). I think using that as a bonus but also giving us the Edit on a regular, screenshot format would’ve benefitted you a lot.

Xoxo Human:

Total: 8/10

Comments: Also a great follow up to the aesthetic you had built on the last round, and the choice of changing the color scheme of the account to match it shows attention to detail. Pretty solid entry overall!

Florian:

Execution: 3,5/5

Total: 7,5/10

Comments: This looks lovely, I just wish you hadn’t included the Venice images and Gaga’s previous tweets about the BTW foundation, since she’s supposed to be a debuting artist. Also I’d recommend uploading it on another website, I think the one you used downscaled the image a bit and it lost a bit of it’s original quality and detail.

Kween:

Concept: 3,5/5

Comments: It looks very professional and adding a Facebook alternate was a bonus. My only critique is that I wish the color scheme had been a bit more consistent throughout the images you made for the profile (The warmer looking profile image VS the header background with colder colors VS the single cover in B&W, they clash a little bit in my opinion).

Oriane:

Concept: 5/5

Total: 10/10

Comments: This looks really sleek and beautiful. I love how you paid attention to all the elements of the page, including “Who to follow” and the trends.

Vojta:

Execution: 4,5/5

Total: 9/10

Comments: This is very consistent with the look you created for Halsey’s profile, and just as well done!

Leonardo Melim Sabatini:

Total: 8,5/10

Comments: The concept for the header and avi is really great and well executed, this is definitely a step up from your entry last round. I just wish you had shown us more of the page itself, maybe create some fake tweets/Facebook posts to take it even further. You also forgot to edit the account’s Title and Username on the template you used, as you can see on the bottom corner (The 1st tweet just reads “Your Name @username”), so maybe that should’ve been edited out.

Alecyon:

Concept: 5/5

Total: 10/10

Comments: This looks absolutely beautiful, and you put in a lot of effort into every part of it. Both headers look beautiful and the concert post was a bonus!

Queen of Venus:

Execution: 3,5/5

Comments: This is a step up from your entry last round, and you did a good job of creating a mysterious aura for your character.

Lucas:

Concept: 3/5

Total: 7/10

Comments: It’s a simple layout but it works and looks professional. Loved how you put the judges on the “Who to follow” list.

@053Timo

Spoiler

@Mustang - Elon Musk

Creativity:
I really like the way you handled this round. Completely different than anyone else and so fitting for Elon imo.

Rating: 8/10

Font choice/Readability:
It’s solid but could’ve been better. It’s slightly hard to read, personally I would’ve chosen a bolder font for it’s readability. And the font seems like Times New Roman, a standard font. I think if you would’ve chosen a font with a bit more personality (for example Baskerville - https://cdn.myfonts.net/s/aw/720x360/426/0/218129.png) the overall look-and-feel would’ve been improved.

Rating: 7/10

Professionalism/Technical knowledge/Difficulty:
What you did great is positioning. Some other contestants placed their main “item” on the left or right border. On social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook you can upload only one image for desktop as mobile. Because you choose to place your focus point in the middle it works for all platforms. Great job! As regards the difficulty/technical knowledge… I can’t reward you too much on that. I would’ve liked to see a slightly better alignment on the profile picture, a bit more centered.

Rating: 6.5/10

Does it fit the purpose?:
I think this sells Elon as a person really well, I’m not quite sure if his music does but that doesn’t bother me too much. I can really imagine Elon using this.

Rating: 8.5/10

Final score: 7.6/10

—————————————

@xokuba - Charli XCX

Creativity:
First of all: I like what you did with the “Trends” and “Who to follow?” sections 

You took revenge! Previous round I told you that you didn’t too much yourself and I would’ve love to see more techniques and skills than just an image… you absolutely did that this round! The way you connected the profile picture and the banner is awesome! Although it wouldn’t work on mobile unfortunately, the idea is cool!

You did a great job with masking all the images, looks great. It balance is good and the whitespace (the lighter grey space in the middle) too.

It doesn’t communicate a message like promoting a single or something but that’s not necessary, since post do that too. What I like to see in a social media banner is a personality. I think that could’ve been a little bit better but nevertheless an awesome job! 

Rating: 7.5/10

Final score: 8/10

—————————————

@highlikegaga - Kendrick Lamar

Creativity:
Nowhere to be found. I’m sorry but you used a photo as profile picture, and your banner is solid black… what do I have to judge?

Rating: 1/10

Your image is LQ/pixelated, the perspective of your screen is off (see the upper right corner not being aligned with the left corner) and you don’t have a banner.

No.

Final score: 1/10

—————————————

@xoxo Human - Sarah Paulson

Creativity:
I like the details, like the “Trends” and “Followers you know” sections. I also like that you customized the Twitter buttons and text color. I would’ve loved to see a more defined style between your banner, profile picture and post. These feel like three different projects/era’s.

Font choice/Readability:
In my opinion the text “Sarah Paulson” in your header banner is too big. People visit your artists Twitter profile so it’s safe to assume they know at least her name. I think it’s better to promote “Horror Story soon” more than her own name.

The effect you did on the post image is a bit too much for me, I applaud you show us different techniques, and you get points for that- but I don’t like it aesthetically. 

Yes, you sell her upcoming music. In her profile picture I can see her personality. I think if you would’ve put that aspect a bit more in your banner it would’ve been better.

Final score: 7.5/10

—————————————

@Florian - Lady Gaga

Creativity:
I can see you rushed this one, unfortunately; it’s not bad, but I know you can do so much better.

Font choice/Readability:
“My religion is you…” is a bit hard to read, like the effect you did tho. 

I like how you changed Twitter’s theme; the button color matches your design. You banner, profile picture and post image have the same look-and-feel. But on mobile you would just see a solid black square (did highlikegaga/Kendrick Lamar use your banner in his mock-up?! ;P). You didn’t use a lot of techniques, you masked an image; that’s it. Hope to see something better next round, come on man! 

Yeah it is interesting enough to give her music a shot.

Final score: 7.2/10

—————————————

@Kween - BeyoncĂŠ

Creativity:
First of all, your English is fine and you’re absolutely right about the font Twitter uses, it is Helvetica (Neue), designers most loved font  What about your design I think it’s decent. I would’ve preferred if your banner, profile picture and post had the same look-and-feel, these feel like standalones.

Font choice/Readability:
The alignment doesn’t work for me, or align all your text to the center or align all your text to the right; it floats too much in your design imo. And I think if you would’ve used different fonts for “New single” and “Out now” the overall message would’ve been improved.

I can’t see any techniques you’ve used. Basically it’s three different images put together. Try to try new things the next round.

Rating: 6/10

It does sell her new single, no doubt about that! It could’ve had more personality. This doesn’t feel “Beyoncé” to me.

Final score: 6.7/10

—————————————

@Oriane - Marilyn Monroe

Creativity:
I like how you paid attention to the color of the Twitter buttons and text. What I don’t like it the different look and feel between the header banner and your profile picture. The (red/pink) colors don’t match with each other. I like your “Who to follow” and “Photos and videos” sections.

Font choice/Readability:
The text on your banner makes it a bit too busy for me and it isn’t well aligned either. 

Rating: 6/10

There isn’t much to judge on. The only thing you did yourself is with the profile picture (you deleted the background). Way better than the previous round!

She serves sexiness so that aspect of her you represented perfectly. I would’ve preferred if you pushed her music stuff a bit more.

Final score: 6.7/10

—————————————

@Vojta - Halsey

Creativity:
I like your concept, different than many others, kudos for that! The colors black, white and red match good witch each other.

Font choice/Readability:
I love the liquified letters on “Halsey” and “Countdown”. “Debut single coming soon” is a bit hard to read. I believe it’s because of quality loss (due to imgur.com) try to upload it via a different service the next time.

Looks great, it’s executed well, it also works for mobile. If you would’ve tweaked Twitters own theme a bit it would’ve been better, the blue text and buttons distract me a bit (I won’t subtract points for that this time). The only think I’m not so sure about is your profile picture, it’s different but it isn’t working for me. Too many details in such a small frame.

Yep! You showed her personality and it promotes her as an artist as well as her upcoming song.

Final score: 8/10

—————————————

@Leonardo Melim Sabatini - Allie X

Creativity:
Love your concept, it looks cool! Nice technique used as well.

Font choice/Readability:
Your font choice is solid, good readable.

As I already wrote, love the concept. But there are a few details what -I think- could’ve been better. There is a black border on your profile picture on the right and bottom (Twitter) and there is a black border on the bottom of your Facebook banner. I would’ve aligned “Allie X” and “New pop sensation” with each other, it’s slightly off to the left… And why did you choose to align the images as you did? I love the circular effect but on the bottom it looks a bit messy because haven’t arranged them in a perfect circle but, as I could see, just did something. Her right arm under the “X” in the center should’ve been in the background instead of foreground.

Yeah, you did a great job at this. It’s unique, it sells her as a(n) person/artist. But the challenge was “create a Twitter/Facebook handle with images with one or two tweets/posts”. Where are your posts?! 

Final score: 7.9/10

—————————————

@Alecyon - Madonna

Creativity:
Wow! You impressed me again this time  awesome work man!!!

Rating: 9/10

Font choice/Readability:
Solid choice, communicates your message very clearly. Also like what you did with the image in your Twitter/Facebook post. The only thing I dislike is how you aligned “Enigma Club” with “Live at”, should have had the same x-axis and the kerning in “Enigma Club” is slightly off.

Love it, everything has the same look-and-feel (the Facebook profile picture is slightly off tho). Would’ve been nice if you changed the color of the Twitter theme as well (buttons etc.) But overall very professional.

Rating: 9.5/10

Yes, very much! I could definitely see Madonna use this (in her younger years). Great job! 

Rating: 9.5/10

Final score: 9.2/10

—————————————

@Queen of Venus - Tove Lo

Creativity:
I like that you choose a completely different direction, I don’t like it aesthetically but it is creative. I like that the profile picture and the banner have the same look-and-feel and great job on customizing the button and text color to match your design!

Font choice/Readability:
Solid choice, it’s readable. Personally I wouldn’t gave used the white border around it.

It pixelated and at first I thought it was a vagina. This doesn’t work on mobile (this won’t cost you points tho). I can’t see her using this really.

I don’t know. I don’t think if I see this on Facebook or Twitter I would be interested in the artist.

Final score: 6.8/10

—————————————

@Lucas - Marina (& The Diamonds)

Creativity:
I love the ripped paper idea you did on the left of your banner. Maybe you could’ve done the same with the picture of Marina herself. And I think if you would’ve deleted the grey background on the right side to match the background on the left it would’ve looked even better!

Looks nice and you showed some different techniques. Way better than your previous entry! I would’ve been nice if you customized the colors of the Twitter theme so it matched better. My tip for a next challenge: use a drop shadow on her logo, so the word “the” is good readable as well.

Yeah, it sells her as an artist, it’s an aesthetically pleasing banner.

Final score: 7.9/10

Round 2 Score

Spoiler

Alecyon 38.2

xoxokuba 35.5

Vojta 35

xoxo human 31.5

Leonardo Melin Sabatini 31.4

Lucas 30.9

Florian 30.7

Oriane 30.7

Mustang 30.6

Queen Of Venus 29.3

Kween 27.2

Overall Score

Spoiler

Alecyon 77.1

Florian 68.7

Vojta 66.7

Leonardo Melin Sabatini 64.1

Oriane 62.6

xoxo human 61.1

Mustang 60.6

Lucas 60.1

xoxokuba 56.1

Kween 53.4

Queen Of Venus 53.3

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ELIMINATION

I am sorry, but my darling

Spoiler

but you are up for the elimination since you scored the lowest of all. You did well with this round but lacked a bit in last round, it is so close. We, judges, wish you all the best, babe. I, as a host, would like to thank you for playing with us.

Florian

Congratulations everyone for your work ! They look good :hug:

I fell so much behind in the overall score :selena: Bring the new challenge @Star, I have time this week end :stalkga:

The new challenge is going to be crucial for the next challenge after this.. I will mention it when y'all can send us to the next page. Werq your payolas girls 

Congrats guys :firega: thank you judges for the critiques too :firega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

DOJA CAT
1 hour ago, Star said:

@Queenďťżďťżďťż of Venus
Interesting concept but got lost in translation especially with the LQ images, those chrome IU, the amount of low followers, etc. I feel like I want to see ďťżmore yet I don't see it. 5/10ďťż

Regarding this I thought we had to make a real account :) 

thank u, next

Chromatic

Here's a tip for everyone.

If you find a picture you really, really like, but it's very low quality, there's a way to fix that. Grain!

In this example, I'm gonna use a screencapture from Gaga's Coachella interlude.

01.png

As you can see, even though I set the quality to HQ, it still looks kind of blurry and unclear.

So what I do, is add some grain. I set the amount of grain to two, and then I add sharpen. These setting are under ''Filter.''

Here's what it's going to look like.

02.jpg

It improved the quality so much, and also, the grain automatically added more contrast to the picture.

This technique is also great, if you want to upscale an image. Just do the same thing, after you've set the new dimensions.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Here's a tip for everyone.

If you find a picture you really, really like, but it's very low quality, there's a way to fix that. Grain!

In this example, I'm gonna use a screencapture from Gaga's Coachella interlude.

01.png

As you can see, even though I set the quality to HQ, it still looks kind of blurry and unclear.

So what I do, is add some grain. I set the amount of grain to two, and then I add sharpen. These setting are under ''Filter.''

Here's what it's going to look like.

02.jpg

It improved the quality so much, and also, the grain automatically added more contrast to the picture.

This technique is also great, if you want to upscale an image. Just do the same thing, after you've set the new dimensions.

I love me some grain :gaycat:

4 minutes ago, Florian said:

What's going on in here?

Waiting for the next challenge :sis:

Archived