💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna gets backlash for her tribute to late Aretha Franklin

stupidrain71

Featured Posts

That J

I'll prolly get hate for this but it's worth saying. 

Some folks here is crazy hating on a woman for telling a cool story. Same folk who get all wound up about people and appropriation...

After watching tonight in full, I dont wanna hear it.  Ya had black folk goin full ignorant ghetto trying to get laughs and there were none, ya had white men on FULL BLAST HOOD and you know they arent that.  

Yet ya watched.  Everything sounded EXACTLY the same and ya mad cuz the one person that showed up looking different had a backdrop of Ms QUEEN Aretha on her? 

Ain't nobody else did Aretha and they all had a chance to.  

It ain't about Madonna.  It's about people are losing our legacy by accepting nothingness as something.  Continue that?  And you wont be able to peel music off concrete.  At least she had something to say!   That's all I saying.  It was poseur central with everybody else tonight.  

Nah.  I ain't entertaining any new thread about appropriation when tonight was allowed.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

Was I the only one that expected a choir to come out after Madonna spoke...........singing Aretha? 

Yet...nada

But they allowed apporopiation on ALL SIDES. 

They did Aretha wrong.  Madonna tried to pick that slack up.  

Hate if ya want but they put Madonna in THE WORST spot.  But she pulled thru. 

For Madonna to say "Long Live The Queen"...and be speaking of someone else?!?!?! Madonna did a good job.  

Reminds me of when Britney won Vanguard and it was just a performance, a Gaga looooong speech and they cut right to Beyoncé’s performance lol

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I think this thread has sort of missed the actual point.

Madonna was there to present the VMA Video Of The Year Award, and talk about HER legacy as a VMA legendary artist. Not to deliver any kind of formal tribute. She herself chose to speak about Aretha's impact on her life,not MTV. She was not there to deliver a formal tribute. Sadly the tabloids are twisting it, and some haters are going along with it.

It wasn't a tribute and in a way, it truly was about madonna herself and that's what she was there to represent. 

So talking about Aretha through personal stories was a nice gesture to still honor her even if she was there for something else. She mentioned her whilst nobody else did. So yeah..

nikola

I get what she was doing but in the midle ot just felt like she did a tribute for herself not Aretha.... but she should not get so much hate for it... if mtv wanted to make a good tribute they would have kickee some of those boring performers and there was a lot of them and added someone to perform for aretha....

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

34 minutes ago, Snow said:

I think this thread has sort of missed the actual point.

Madonna was there to present the VMA Video Of The Year Award, and talk about HER legacy as a VMA legendary artist. Not to deliver any kind of formal tribute. She herself chose to speak about Aretha's impact on her life,not MTV. She was not there to deliver a formal tribute. Sadly the fake news outlets are twisting it, and some haters are going along with it.

It wasn't a tribute and in a way, it truly was about madonna herself and that's what she was there to represent. 

So talking about Aretha through personal stories was a nice gesture to still honor her even if she was there for something else. She mentioned her whilst nobody else did. So yeah..

"Fake news outlets" What are you? 8?

FentyGa

I wish she had told this story differently and kept it a little more concise. Talked more about how Aretha inspired many people and such.

That J
6 minutes ago, Adakam said:

"Fake news outlets" What are you? 8?

Be kind.  

That J

Some millennials just love bitterness. 

Real news.  :huntyga:

NotGeigh

The VMAs are so fake in that they try hard to please everyone and it comes off as insincere, and things like this support that statement. 

They couldn’t even make time in their flop show to make a moment to really honor the queen of soul.. so they have a random celebrity speak on her for like 0.2 seconds??? That makes her seem like an afterthought more than anything.. things like this is why they’re in the pits and they’ll probably stay there 

I’d rather them just not say anything at all if they couldn’t do it right 

PunkTheFunk

A long-winded story about how she got discovered and became so successful despite many obstacles with only one passing reference to Aretha is not a tribute. It's a brag. :madge:

Madonna did something narcissistic that offended people... groundbreaking. 

I thought it was a total Madonna moment and it wasn't a good look for her, but I think that just about every time she opens her mouth. RIP Aretha. 

Archived