💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Expert predictions on 2019 Oscars

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

This is the most accurate prediction website I know, their accuracy in predicting nominations and winners are quite high.

This is their record for 2018's Oscar predictions for the nominations:

7/9 predictions for Best Picture turn out to be true,
4/5 for Best Director,
5/5 for Best Actress,
4/5 for Best Actor,
4/5 for Best Supporting Actress,
4/5 for Best Actor.

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/oscars-nominations-2018/

Please keep in mind that they are still predictions after all, no one could give you a 100% definite answer because that would be impossible and wouldn't be called a prediction. So if you are going to bring up that one exception that happened with Til It Happens to You, please don't.

Take a look at 2019's Oscar predictions for A Star Is Born:

Best Picture: https://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/expert-predictions/oscars-nominations-2019/picture/sort/recent/

Best Director: https://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/expert-predictions/oscars-nominations-2019/director/sort/recent/

Best Actor: https://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/expert-predictions/oscars-nominations-2019/actor/sort/recent/

Best Actress: https://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/expert-predictions/oscars-nominations-2019/actress/sort/recent/

Different experts predict differently, however there is a compiled list which indicates how likely the candidates will be nominated.

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/oscars-nominations-2019/

UPDATE: Best Picture #4, Best Director #5, Best Actress #3, Best Actor #5, Best Supporting Actor #2.

These predictions will become more accurate depending on the performance and reviews of the actual performances of the candidates, they are subject to significant change and are in the very early stages of predictions.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

tenor.gif

Je suis confusé

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bradley

I think the experts are still doubtful of Gaga's performance, and even Bradley's as a director, I'm honestly surprised by how low these predictions are (the others that I read were very positive and placed them at very high positions).

Let's hope Bradley and Gaga surprise us with their performance.

it's still early days - some of these predictions are already way off mark and I'm not even an 'expert' although I've been following this film season pretty close. 

I presume when ASIB drops it's going to slap everybody in the face and be like 'surprise bitch'. I also think it's going to have a similar award season (nomination-wise) as La La Land back in 2017. *fingers crossed it's received as well.* 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Othon

As someone who follows this sort of thing every year, these predictions don't really mean anything until we see how the festivals start handing out awards leading up to the Oscars. These "experts" update their predictions once the awards season narratives start to form. If Gaga's performance gets good reviews and WB runs a solid campaign, she could get in, but right now they're all fumbling around in the dark.

Bradley
9 hours ago, mamo said:

it's still early days - some of these predictions are already way off mark and I'm not even an 'expert' although I've been following this film season pretty close. 

I presume when ASIB drops it's going to slap everybody in the face and be like 'surprise bitch'. I also think it's going to have a similar award season (nomination-wise) as La La Land back in 2017. *fingers crossed it's received as well.* 

Bradley and Gaga need to receive very good reviews from critics and audience for them to be nominated. I think the Academy is less influenced by campaign (but it still plays an important role) and more influenced by the quality of the actual performances.

Any movie that is released later will get a boost in terms of Oscar buzz so the only way for A Star Is Born to shine outstandingly is for the performances to be outstanding in itself.

Bradley
9 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

As someone who follows this sort of thing every year, these predictions don't really mean anything until we see how the festivals start handing out awards leading up to the Oscars. These "experts" update their predictions once the awards season narratives start to form. If Gaga's performance gets good reviews and WB runs a solid campaign, she could get in, but right now they're all fumbling around in the dark.

I will keep GGD posted once we have updated predictions. I just hope Gaga receives good reviews on her acting performance because a lot of experts don't have much faith in her. Some experts don't even think she'll get nominated.

Bradley
9 hours ago, Judicorn said:

It shows 3/6 predict a nomination for Best Actress, but none predict a win. I'll take it.    

9 hours ago, Red said:

None for actress :cryga:

Technically three out of six experts predict a nomination for her but if you compile all the information, she ranks at #6 among the actresses which is not enough to get a nomination. (you need to be within top 5)

but of course this all will change once the movies in contention are released.

sampool

I really don’t expect her to win best actress, that’s like next level delusion. My bet would be on best song category. 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, sampool said:

I really don’t expect her to win best actress, that’s like next level delusion. My bet would be on best song category. 

No one expects her to win Best Actress. We're talking about nominations predictions.

At this point we are not even sure if she will get nominated, let alone winning it.

10 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

This. We should at least wait until Venice and Toronto to see how the critics and the industry receive the possible contenders.

illbekind

Glenn Close will obviously win for The Wife (Best Actress) - it will be amazing if Gaga gets any nominations

Archived