💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sexxx dreams iTunes fest

Bat

Featured Posts

How come this live version is so good? 
A little bit hazy and much more sensual than the other live versions (don't get me started on the CD version).

And where is the original HD performance? I thought it was on Youtube for years.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miichael

One of my all time favourite performances of hers ever, absolutely love this song so so much and I adore this live version over the studio version, though I do love both :flutter:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Chickens in Malibu

It was good.

Then DJWS messy last-minute production changes happened :rip: 

I think they were concerned the chorus wasn't too vibey. But in my opinion all they needed was a key change in the word "dreams" of the third "making love in my sex dreams" to make it less repetitive.

tomsches

the CD version would be 100000000 times better without the unnecessary "You. Were. In. My."

FfFfFfFF

I don't think it's so different than the actual version that it affects the enjoyability of the song.

VOLANTIS

Well for one thing the CD version has a higher tempo so I think that's a pretty huge change and it honestly feels a little more busy for a sensual song you'd wanna take your time savoring. I was so hyped about this snippet and then the released version was a huge let down for me. 

The raw and vulnerable vocals are EVERYTHINGGGGGG 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

pachinko

This is my all-time Gaga let down. Thw sultry vibe went away in studio version. I was looking for performance video as well and couldnt find it anymore. 😐pls share link if found. 

shoful

I don’t really notice that bug of a difference 😅

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

nerdfacekillah

i really dont like the fact that she changed the version of this song, ARTPOP, manicure, aura for their album version. i was let down but whatever i can listen to their itunes festival version on youtube.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

2 hours ago, tomsches said:

the CD version would be 100000000 times better without the unnecessary "You. Were. In. My."

and they all changed the song for the purpose of them being more commercial and radio ready :Emma: 

Juanlittlem

The bridge in this version >>>> the studio version

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

The Z

The studio version is speed, so when she sings it live she has to go from one note to an other pretty quickly, she can't sound like she's in the mood, if that makes sense

homomo

I listen to a remastered version of that performance more than the studio version.

I feel the studio version is sped-up, a little over produced, and doesn’t capture the remorseful atmosphere like Swinefest did.

Sandrology

Let's say it, the real tragedy is the changing of MANiCURE...

Even after 5 years I can't get over these HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL MEEEEEEEEEE :cryga:

Archived