Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Zachary Campbell Opens Up About BDD

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, geopang said:

Before I watch it, was he actually diagnosed by a professional? Or is it self diagnosis?

He was diagnosed by a doctor.

It's a really bad disease that eats up ones daily life, thoughts, hours. 

It causes one to get depressed, have anxiety. Like a chain effect.

Hope he gets better. 

One of my friend just recently hospitalized because he was a bodybuilder and dieted to death for %6 something body fat. He was already god-like muscular but you know, we all want to look good, our best. But isn't health should be the priority?

Our society, internet age is sick. 

its sad:(

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, Chris Martin said:

he's so annoying right now.:triggered:

sis this isn't the time and place

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

kvnrp

I wish him the best, he has a great personality that shouldn't be hindered by his perception of his body :kara:

Trepadation
18 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Isn't BDD finding issues where there isn't any... :emma:

Are you saying there IS an issue :poot:

ChromaticaPunk
7 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

I'm just saying he's not thin :trollga: let's put it that way.

ShockPop

I have bdd. It can manifest as many other disorders. I've been anorexic, bulimic, gym obsessed, obese, dressed baggy, dressed smart, dressed gay, hidden away... and nobody knew why I had so much wrong with me.

I am 145lbs at 5'7 with a 28" waist and decent abs. I feel fat. I see fat in the mirror. I need my teeth and nose fixing. I want my eyes done. My hair is a daily disaster.

It's not a daily struggle, it's a constant struggle. Sitting in positions where people can't see your body easily, wearing layers to hide your shape, staying away from social situations. Let's not even mention the beach, what a nightmare that is. When you're in public you know people are watching your fat, you can't shop for clothes invade the cashier laughs at the size you buy, even if it fits. You can't buy grooming items invade you're noticed and people think you're too ugly for them. 

It's exhausting.

Yuuri
6 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

Not to sugar coat anything, but he's a slight bit over weight. Not saying stick-thin starving yourself is health (which it isn't), but saying there isn't an issue is problematic. I'm not saying we should body shame over weight people, but we should all learn to eat better for our youth, once you're at the age to take care of yourself then you can eat whatever you want.

Robagaga
24 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Isn't BDD finding issues where there isn't any... :emma:

BDD is complicated, I would know I have been diagnosed with it hahha. 

Basically I hate everything about myself. My body makes me feel nauseous and I hate every single aspect about myself. 

This intense hatred of myself has led to a bunch of other issues for me such as Depression, GAD, Social Anxiety etc etc. It kind of influences daily actions and shit aswell. I have tons of scars on my body not only from self harm but also because I obsessively pick at mosquito bites and acne. 

It doesn't matter if people tell me they think I look fine I always feel like I am disgusting.

If I am being one hundred percent honest I don't believe in BDD hahhaha I just think that I am disgusting but I am starting to learn that my brain is fucking with me a lot. 

I doesn't have anything to do with having faults or not, there are plenty of overweight people who don't have that intense hatred of themselves that people with BDD do, it has nothing to do with how you look but with your brain. 

In any case I send all the love in the world to anyone suffering with it! 

Take care of yourself :heart: 

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

ARTPOPSTER
23 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

I have bdd. It can manifest as many other disorders. I've been anorexic, bulimic, gym obsessed, obese, dressed baggy, dressed smart, dressed gay, hidden away... and nobody knew why I had so much wrong with me.

I am 145lbs at 5'7 with a 28" waist and decent abs. I feel fat. I see fat in the mirror. I need my teeth and nose fixing. I want my eyes done. My hair is a daily disaster.

It's not a daily struggle, it's a constant struggle. Sitting in positions where people can't see your body easily, wearing layers to hide your shape, staying away from social situations. Let's not even mention the beach, what a nightmare that is. When you're in public you know people are watching your fat, you can't shop for clothes invade the cashier laughs at the size you buy, even if it fits. You can't buy grooming items invade you're noticed and people think you're too ugly for them. 

It's exhausting.

I have very similar issues. I was once 215 pounds and 6’ with a 36 inch waist. I dropped down to 145 pounds in 6 months. I then gained some weight back, reaching a much healthier weight for my height. 

I relate to everything you said. I have never taken my shirt off. I definitely relate to the sitting in different positions. 

Andrea B
1 hour ago, ShockPop said:

It's exhausting.

I'm so confused, I'm reading this I have kinda the same ''symptoms'' I always avoid social events, I fell almost all my classes cause I can't go to uni because I have so much anxiety, I don't like to take photos of me or to take group photos with my friends and when I have to take a group photo I always try to hide my face and body. I try to hide my body with bigger clothes and jackets, I'm always thinking about my body and also I don't like to see my reflection in the mirror. I'm always thinking about my body, its really exhausting, I'm so tired of being myself. I'm not saying I have BDD but I kinda know what you're going through, I hope you feeling ok today and if you need someone to talk to, my dms will always be open. :hug:

Archived