💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Nicki Taking Shots At 6ix9ine/Her Label?

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nicki-minajs-album-premiere-was-a-weird-wild-ride-709643/

Okay so I just read this article, and at one point it talks about how Nicki says ‘It’s refreshing to work with rappers who rap’. Now, a few things about this. You could interpret this as a general commentary on the state of hip-hop at the moment, a common sentiment at the moment among more veteran rappers. But Nicki actually says ‘work with’. So the first interesting thing about this is she is definitely taking shots at people she has worked with. Refreshing implies that it hasn’t been done in a while, and one of her most recent collabs was with some 6ix9ine. 6ix9ine definitely doesn’t rap; FEFE is a weird trappy one but he usually just screams into the microphone with some form of melody. Does this mean she was forced into collaborating with 6ix9ine? I could see why her label would do this, because there was honestly not a whole load of hype for the album, or at least in relativity to her status and history in music. So is she carefully implying she didn’t want to work with him? Or even that she just doesn’t particularly like him? I’m almost certainly reading too much into this but you cannot deny that she is taking aim at multiple people she’s worked with, which says something about her creative freedom and her label’s control in itself. 

JazzGa

Gurl I wish

But the evidence suggests she does like him, or at least chose to work with him for the controversy exposure/coin$

I really don't think the label can "force" her to work with a rando like him when she collabs with A-listers all the time

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived